• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mums: Share Your Fitness Routines & Wellness Secrets

That's true--variety is a great way to stay intrigued and engaged with our fitness routines. Having different options for workouts catering to specific needs adds a layer of excitement as well; it doesn't feel like a chore then!

I'm glad you're enjoying the hike idea too--hopefully, the good weather sticks around so we can make the most of it this weekend.
Have a fantastic day ahead! 😀
Yes indeed, variety is the key to keeping interest intact, especially for us mums who have a gazillion other things on our minds! Here's to hoping the rain holds off this weekend for some outdoor fun. Have a good one!😊

Yes, the numerous hills around our neighbourhood are quite a challenge! Swimming is a great addition to your routine and a good break from land activities. Are there any specific exercises you do in the pool?
I focus on endurance rather than speed when I swim, so I typically do the backstroke or front crawl for longer durations. I also incorporate slow, controlled breaths, which help me stretch and strengthen my core muscles. My 7-year-old son is a bit of a fish, so he keeps me company in the pool while I do my laps. We also play games occasionally--it's a nice break from the usual routine and encourages him to swim longer too! The water exercises are a refreshing change from ground activities and are indeed soothing, aren't they?

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Yes, the numerous hills around our neighbourhood are quite a challenge! Swimming is a great addition to your routine and a good break from land activities. Are there any specific exercises you do in the pool?
I find that doing lengths can get boring so I usually end up doing some Aqua Robic moves or playing imaginary games with my toddler like 'mermaid swim' - where we splash and glide through the water like mermaids! 😄 It's a good total body workout and the fun themes keep us motivated.

There are some good workout videos on Instagram and TikTok - short, catchy, and addictive! I've come across some fun dance workouts that make me feel like I'm back in Zumba class. It's a nice way to discover new moves and stay motivated seeing others online keeping fit too. #stayactivemums
That's awesome to know! I've been stuck on YouTube for years, though I do enjoy the occasional TikTok dance trend every now and then. I'll make it a mission to seek out these workout videos on Instagram and give them a go - especially the dance workouts, they sound like so much fun!

It's amazing how creative parents can get with their fitness routines, factoring in kids and work commitments. Always nice to stay inspired and discover new ways to keep active! 👍

There are so many amazing fitness apps and YouTube channels out there, it's true. I started with YouTube workouts too, during my pregnancy days, and they're such a convenient way to exercise indoors, especially for us mums who can't always step out.

My go-tos these days are mainly apps: SWorkit for quick exercises targeting specific parts of the body, and the Nike Run Club App which has really detailed running guides and motivational stories behind the coaches, that make me want to get out there and explore.

Also a big fan of Pilates, recently discovered an app called Move with Amna that has easy-to follow Pilates routines. Their tagline is "Pilates made simple" -- love it!

What about you? Any hidden gems you've come across that offer variety in workouts? I'm all ears to discover more!
Ah, that's a great tip about the Nike Run Club app - seems like a good source of inspiration for runners!

I've been enjoying the Down Dog apps for some yoga and pilates sessions. They have a wide range of workouts for different fitness levels and preferences, with helpful tutorials and soothing vocals guiding you through the sessions. It's great for days when I want a relaxing workout or to wind down before bed.

On other high-energy days, I've been giving Instagram's Reese Aw's dance workouts a go - she has some cardio-focused routines that are super fun, and only need a small space to dance around in! Quite an enjoyable way to get the blood pumping :)

For mums in our neighbourhood, it'd be great to organize a fitness meetup sometime - keep each other motivated and share more tips like these!

Some great suggestions, indeed! It's amazing how creative we get with keeping fit when becoming a mum! Haha. I especially love the idea of 'superhero training' - my girl would enjoy that, and it's a wonderful way to bond too.

I also want to try aromatherapy and essential oils; they sound so relaxing! Being in a conducive environment makes a workout so much more enjoyable.

Does anyone else here do their exercises based on apps or online programmes? I used to follow blogilates and popsugar workouts when I had time to myself, which were easy to follow and could be done indoor too. They're great for variety! 😊
The apps and online workout worlds are indeed a whole new universe! It's like having a personal trainer at home telling you what to do; only you don't have to pay as much ;)I've been enjoying the variety on the FitOn app lately - loads of trainers with different styles, and the best part: it's free! Their cardio workouts get my heart pumping, and I discovered some cool new strength-based routines like "buttkicker" and "arm party," fun names aside, they're effective too! Also, their short 5-15 minute workouts are perfect for busy days.I'm sure many mums would love the convenience!

• Wow
Reactions: cissy and luciana
HIIT workouts are a great way to sneak in some exercise during the day - efficient and tiring! And yes, resistance training with toddler weights sounds like fun and a half 😂
Haha, yes! Toddlers definitely provide some good resistance training - all that squatting, lifting, and chasing around provides quite the workout! It's a great way to keep up with them and stay energized.

I find that doing short workouts, like 15-minute HIIT sessions or targeted exercises for specific body parts, helps me stay motivated as a busy mama. Quick and intense, and it can be done anytime and anywhere! Short bursts of exercise are better than none at all!

Great job on finding those creative ways to fit exercise into your routine! Dancing during HIIT sessions sounds like such a fun and playful way to stay energized. And yes, tot weights - haha, I can imagine the extra challenge of exercising with a wriggly toddler! That's what keeps things interesting, right? :p
You're welcome! Glad to share the fun ways mums can keep active. Agreed, the unpredictability of exercising with kids certainly adds some excitement and makes every workout feel unique! And who needs gym equipment with toddler antics around, hey?!

Carrying your toddler around certainly provides an extra challenge with their increasing size and weight! Toddler loads must be the ultimate endurance and balance practice :p . It's great how you're able to adapt your workouts according to your kids' schedules.
Yeah, tot sizes are growing on us mamas fast! Their newfound mobility and energy keep me on my toes - literally! I've had to modify my exercises to suit toddler territory, which often means lots of bending and squatting to rescue fallen toys and the occasional emergency catching of wobbly steps! It's like an unexpected, challenging obstacle course! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu