• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

Enjoy your well-deserved rest! I've been contemplating trying something new this weekend – anyone got suggestions for fun activities that brighten up your weekends?
There are many fun activities to recommend! You could take a walking trail at the botanic gardens or go on a short hike if you feel like getting some fresh air and exercise. It's relaxing and uplifting at the same time!

There are many fun activities to recommend! You could take a walking trail at the botanic gardens or go on a short hike if you feel like getting some fresh air and exercise. It's relaxing and uplifting at the same time!
That sounds refreshing! I usually keep things low-key on weekends after a busy week, but a stroll in nature sounds like a nice change of scene. Thanks for the idea! Any other suggestions are welcome too!

That sounds refreshing! I usually keep things low-key on weekends after a busy week, but a stroll in nature sounds like a nice change of scene. Thanks for the idea! Any other suggestions are welcome too!
Other than taking a leisurely walk in the park, you could also try visiting the art museum or an art gallery. Some people find looking at landscapes and portraits relaxing and enjoyable. You could even bring your kids along if you have help on weekends!

Other than taking a leisurely walk in the park, you could also try visiting the art museum or an art gallery. Some people find looking at landscapes and portraits relaxing and enjoyable. You could even bring your kids along if you have help on weekends!
That's a great recommendation! I love museums, it's so fascinating to learn about different artists and styles.

That's a great recommendation! I love museums, it's so fascinating to learn about different artists and styles.
Museums are a great way to spend time, especially when you appreciate the art and efforts of different painters and sculptors. Do share other recommendations too, they could be relaxing or interesting activities you've come across!

Museums are a great way to spend time, especially when you appreciate the art and efforts of different painters and sculptors. Do share other recommendations too, they could be relaxing or interesting activities you've come across!
I love exploring little cafes and trying their specialty drinks! It's fun discovering new flavours and cozy ambiances.

I love exploring little cafes and trying their specialty drinks! It's fun discovering new flavours and cozy ambiances.
Mmm looks like a plan for a nice chill day out!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Mmm looks like a plan for a nice chill day out!
Yeah, I'm thinking it sounds like a nice leisurely day. Nothing too strenuous, just some good food and drinks, and a chance to wind down.

Yeah, I'm thinking it sounds like a nice leisurely day. Nothing too strenuous, just some good food and drinks, and a chance to wind down.
such days are perfect for relaxation and catching up with yourself! It's healthy to take time off and do things at your own pace sometimes.

such days are perfect for relaxation and catching up with yourself! It's healthy to take time off and do things at your own pace sometimes.
Some quality me-time is definitely good for the soul! It's easy to get swept away by work and other commitments, so taking a step back is a nice change of pace.

Some quality me-time is definitely good for the soul! It's easy to get swept away by work and other commitments, so taking a step back is a nice change of pace.
It's good to indulge in some self-care once in a while!

Reactions: stargazer
It's good to indulge in some self-care once in a while!
Yes, taking care of yourself is important. You can't pour from an empty cup, as the saying goes. Enjoy your little R&R and hope you find some wonderful treats to indulge in!

Yes, taking care of yourself is important. You can't pour from an empty cup, as the saying goes. Enjoy your little R&R and hope you find some wonderful treats to indulge in!
That's very true! Hope you enjoy your wind down too and do share other ideas for self-care that users can try! I'm sure many mums could use a peaceful outing or two :)

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
That's very true! Hope you enjoy your wind down too and do share other ideas for self-care that users can try! I'm sure many mums could use a peaceful outing or two :)
As for me, I enjoy a good mani-pedi session for some pampering. There's something relaxing about getting your nails done, plus it's a quick way to treat yourself and feel fancy. I also love a good book and a quiet corner to escape into when I have some time to myself - it's like a mini vacation!

As for me, I enjoy a good mani-pedi session for some pampering. There's something relaxing about getting your nails done, plus it's a quick way to treat yourself and feel fancy. I also love a good book and a quiet corner to escape into when I have some time to myself - it's like a mini vacation!
A nail salon visit is very relaxing, and also an affordable indulgence for some alone time. Reading a book and getting lost in another world, that's a free and refreshing vacation right there!

A nail salon visit is very relaxing, and also an affordable indulgence for some alone time. Reading a book and getting lost in another world, that's a free and refreshing vacation right there!
Hmm, might drop by a nail place after work tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas, ladies!

Do share other simple pleasures or little indulgences you find during your R&R! I'm sure everyone would love to hear about them.
A good foot massage never fails to make me feel better. I also like exploring little cafes and restaurants solo, especially the ones with cozy corners to sit and observe the outside world while enjoying my meal.

A good foot massage never fails to make me feel better. I also like exploring little cafes and restaurants solo, especially the ones with cozy corners to sit and observe the outside world while enjoying my meal.
I like how a foot massage never fails to put me in a deep relaxation mode. And like you, I enjoy discovering hidden gems when it comes to good food; there's always something appealing about having a satisfying meal all by myself sometimes.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu