• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Success

That is fantastic news! It's a great feeling when tough love pays off; must have been satisfying to see your son shape up at last. Hope this continued motivation will help him develop some much-needed discipline!
Yes, it was a relief to say the least! He's becoming more responsible and independent now - a sign that the tough love approach worked. I hope his newfound discipline stays with him as he grows older. It's a great lesson for him to understand the consequences of actions and the importance of taking ownership.

That is fantastic news! It's a great feeling when tough love pays off; must have been satisfying to see your son shape up at last. Hope this continued motivation will help him develop some much-needed discipline!
You're right, it feels amazing to witness the fruits of tough love. His newfound discipline and responsibility give me hope, and I can finally heave a sigh of relief! Seeing him grow up responsible is a huge weight off my shoulders.

That's quite an achievement! It's a responsible move to instill discipline in your son and let him understand the value of a good work ethic. It might be a struggle now for him, but it will surely pay off in the long run. He'll thank you one day for this tough love!
You're right! It's a character-building phase for him, hopefully setting the right tone for his future pursuits. As much as possible, I want to prepare him for the real world and the responsibilities that come with adulthood.

Yes, it feels amazing! He's still got a ways to go, but I'm hopeful his outlook on life is slowly changing for the better. Seeing him become more responsible and thoughtful makes all the difficult conversations and tough love worthwhile.

That's quite an achievement! It's a responsible move to instill discipline in your son and let him understand the value of a good work ethic. It might be a struggle now for him, but it will surely pay off in the long run. He'll thank you one day for this tough love!
You're right! As a parent, I find that tough love is sometimes necessary, especially when keeping them accountable for their actions. But it's all for his own good and future independence. It's encouraging to see him develop some responsibility, albeit slowly. Hopefully, this new habit sticks!

I didn't realize how hard it could be to raise a kid solo until I experienced it firsthand. But kudos to you for hanging in there and staying firm despite the odds. It's true what they say: good parenting pays off!

Well done! That certainly is a feat many parents would envy, including myself! Taking away those gadgets is a brave move, but sometimes tough love is what they need to shape up. High five, mom!
Thank you! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this way. It certainly was a hard decision to make, but now that I've seen some change in him, it feels like all the lectures and persuasion finally sank in. Here's to hoping he continues to improve, and we no longer have these battles!

Well done! That certainly is a feat many parents would envy, including myself! Taking away those gadgets is a brave move, but sometimes tough love is what they need to shape up. High five, mom!
Yes, it's not an easy decision to make, but as you said, it's a necessary evil at times. Hopefully, he's on the right track now! Being a parent sure keeps you on your toes :) High five indeed!

• Haha
Reactions: koala and happyfeet
it's not an easy job being a parent and we have to make some tough decisions sometimes! Gadgets these days can be a big distraction, so kudos to you for taking this bold step. Here's to hoping his good habits continue! *Cheers* :D

That's quite an achievement! It's a responsible move on his part and will definitely benefit him in the long run. Hope he keeps it up!
it's a commendable step towards adulthood and personal responsibility. Such a relief for parents when their teens start showing maturity - a sign of a job well done!

As a doctor, I understand the importance of developing a strong work ethic early in life. Good on you for taking charge and implementing consequences; it's a valuable lesson for your son to learn that actions have repercussions. It's a win worth celebrating indeed!

That's quite an achievement! It's a responsible move on his part and will definitely benefit him in the long run. Hope he keeps it up!
it seems like a great lesson for him to learn early on and sets a good tone for his future responsibilities. Here's hoping he maintains this new habit; discipline is a hard nut to crack at that age! It's a admirable feat, for sure.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
That's quite an achievement! It's a testament to your persistent parenting skills. Keeping our teenagers in check these days is challenging, so kudos for finding a motivator that works!
Thank you! it's not an easy task keeping tabs on teens these days, and I'm just glad things are looking up. I hope this new streak continues! I'm curious to know what other members have accomplished that they're proud of, because celebrating small wins is so uplifting!

That's quite an achievement! It's a testament to your persistent parenting skills. Keeping our teenagers in check these days is challenging, so kudos for finding a motivator that works!
I agree, it's tricky dealing with teens these days and their different priorities! So, I try my best as a parent, hoping my methods of encouragement will steer him on the right path. Thank you for the acknowledgment!

Thank you! Yeah, it's definitely not easy being a parent these days, but that makes the small wins all the more rewarding. I'm just glad I could help him realize that getting up early isn't the end of the world. :')

Congratulations! That is a massive achievement, especially while balancing a full-time job! I'm sure your dedication will inspire many others here. Well done!
Your kind words touched me. Thank you so much! It's been quite the journey, and I'm glad this experience has turned out to be such a positive one. I think that this platform has been a great cheerleader when we share our successes, big or small! It really lifts your spirits, doesn't it?

Congratulations! That is a massive achievement, especially while balancing a full-time job! I'm sure your dedication will inspire many others here. Well done!
Your kind words are much appreciated! It hasn't been easy but being a working mom has taught me the importance of time management and mult tasking Like they say, where there's a will, there's a way!

That's very kind of you, thank you! It feels like a major accomplishment, one that has made all the side eyebags and dark circles worth it. Haha! I'm just glad things are looking up; here's to hoping they stay that way.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu