• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Birth Story

Not so lucky in my case! A very traumatic experience leading to some persistent issues requiring physio, but worth it to have a healthy baby who didn't need any NICU time despite being early. I'm grateful for the good outcome, however painful the process was. Can't help but wonder if a longer labour would've been better for my body though!
I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic experience and the persistent issues you're dealing with. It's wonderful that you're focusing on the silver lining, which is your healthy baby. Some mothers do face much longer recoveries; it's great that you're seeking help and hope the physio helps you get back to your best!

a scary but ultimately pleasant surprise! It's truly amazing how our bodies can adapt and go through such intense changes. The human body is truly fascinating!
It's a wonder how our bodies can just instinctively know what to do during labour. The entire process is so amazing and empowering, even with all the pain and trauma some mothers experience.

Not so lucky in my case! A very traumatic experience leading to some persistent issues requiring physio, but worth it to have a healthy baby who didn't need any NICU time despite being early. I'm grateful for the good outcome, however painful the process was. Can't help but wonder if a longer labour would've been better for my body though!
I'm sorry to hear that you had a traumatic experience and are dealing with persistent issues post-labour. It's wonderful that your baby didn't require any NICU time despite being born early, but of course, the pain and trauma you experienced are also important.

It's a tricky question - is a longer or shorter labour better for maternal and baby health? Each has its own benefits and draw backs, and as we've shared, every pregnancy and birth is so different. There's no one-size-fits-all scenario, which makes it quite complex!

Are you able to share the details of your birth that led to trauma? No need if you'd rather not, but it might help us understand your situation better and offer relevant experiences or advice. After all, every detail counts when it comes to our unique pregnancy and birth stories!

a scary but ultimately pleasant surprise! It's truly amazing how our bodies can adapt and go through such intense changes. The human body is truly fascinating!
It really is! What an incredible, strong human body especially designed for birth - what an amazing and powerful experience. Quite humbling too!

You're not wrong - the human body is an incredible thing. Sometimes, it's only when you become a parent that you really appreciate what your body is capable of achieving. It's quite a humbling experience!

The human body is an incredible thing. It's resilience is fascinating! Any other interesting birth stories to share? Or experiences that highlight the strength and adaptability of the human body during pregnancy and labour?

it was a wild ride, and I feel fortunate Yes, a healthy mum and bub - that's the ultimate win. :)
You had quite an exciting experience! A fast-paced labour is surely unexpected and intense, but it's fantastic to hear about your positive outcome. It's a wonderful blessing when mother and child are doing well!

it was a wild ride, and I feel fortunate Yes, a healthy mum and bub - that's the ultimate win. :)
It's great to hear that you and your bub are doing well despite the challenges! It's definitely a blessing to have a healthy outcome and an enjoyable bonus if the pregnancy and birth were smooth sailing. But as they say, every pregnancy and birth is different, and we're all warrior mums in our own right!

Yes - a wild ride is how I would describe it! And you're right; a happy, healthy outcome is all that matters in the end, even if there are some scary moments along the way.
Scary moments are part and parcel of the unknown--which parenthood definitely is.

Yes - a wild ride is how I would describe it! And you're right; a happy, healthy outcome is all that matters in the end, even if there are some scary moments along the way.
Scary moments indeed.. but the relief and joy after everything turns out alright is so rewarding! The human body is truly resilient and amazing.

Yes, (oops, I mean, of course), a short labour is a dream come true for some of us! It's really quite an adventure, isn't it? The body is truly amazing.
Some would prefer a slower and more leisurely birth... as long as the outcome is the same - a healthy baby and mom! It's fascinating how different each experience can be.

it's a huge relief when all goes well! Quick births can be quite the adventure and a tremendous rush of emotions, but they're definitely not for the faint-hearted!
It's certainly a rollercoaster ride with plenty of unknowns! The unknown can be exhilarating yet daunting at the same time. You never know what to expect, even with all the preparation in the world. But you're right; the relief when everything's okay is indescribable.

Yes, (oops, I mean, of course), a short labour is a dream come true for some of us! It's really quite an adventure, isn't it? The body is truly amazing.
The human body and its capabilities always amaze me too. Some people's experiences are just so different and it's fascinating how resilient and adaptable we can be!

Yes, I consider myself lucky! It's a memorable experience that I cherish, though certainly not without pain and challenges. Every birth story is unique, but the precious little one at the end makes it all worthwhile!
Your humble and modest tone is very endearing, and of course, every new mother cherishes those memories, despite the challenges -- they are special. Some may even say that the苦尽甘来(苦Kǔ jìn甘gān lái, meaning苦 Kǔ is bitter, sweet来 láir refers to the end result after struggles) after an arduous birth adds a unique dimension to the entire experience.

Yes, I consider myself lucky! It's a memorable experience that I cherish, though certainly not without pain and challenges. Every birth story is unique, but the precious little one at the end makes it all worthwhile!
Birth stories really are so varied and special in their own ways, like most things in life - the journey is what makes the destination so much sweeter. It's incredible how our bodies can do such intense work and create these amazing little humans.

Each birth story sounds so different and special in its own way! It's fascinating how each mother and baby pair goes through this intense and special journey.

I had a very different experience with my second pregnancy. The labor lasted over 12 hours, which felt like an eternity compared to my first birth. But despite the length, it was also an amazing and empowering experience - almost hypnotic in its intensity. You're right; each birth story is unique, and every journey is special in its own way!

Yes it was a crazy whirlwind, but I count myself lucky to have had a mostly uneventful labor, considering all the horror stories one hears!
You're very fortunate to have had a smooth sailing and relatively fast labor. Every story is different, and some are real horrors, so it's wonderful when everything falls into place. Some mums have challenging and traumatic experiences that can lead to long-term physical issues, so it's always nice to hear of such blessed stories like yours!

Not sure if I'd say lucky - more like scary and painful - but yes, it was definitely an adventure and a half! My subsequent births were also quick, though less traumatic, thank goodness! There's nothing like that first birth to test your mettle.
That's wonderful to hear that your subsequent births were less traumatic. Each birth certainly helps us grow as mothers and appreciate the strength of our bodies!

Not sure if I'd say lucky - more like scary and painful - but yes, it was definitely an adventure and a half! My subsequent births were also quick, though less traumatic, thank goodness! There's nothing like that first birth to test your mettle.
You're braver than I am; I'd say that's pretty lucky! Especially considering the varied experiences other mums have shared here - so many horror stories! It's incredible how vastly different yet equally intense and challenging each of our births can be. We are all warriors in our way. ;)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu