• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Birth Story

Wow, looks like you had a relatively smooth and quick labor compared to some others! That's awesome!

My second birth was quite different from my first. My labor started with my waters breaking at 38 weeks, contracting weakly thereafter. I had to be admitted to the hospital for monitoring since the contractions didn't progress. After 24 hours, I still wasn't dilating, and so I opted for an induction.

The induction wasn't overly successful either, so I ended up having pitocin which finally helped me progress. It turned into an intense and painful experience with contracts coming every 30 seconds by the end. But thankfully, my daughter was born healthy, albeit two weeks early, weighing a more modest 3.5kg.

Both birth stories have their unique challenges and victories, but I'm glad I experienced them and wouldn't change them for the world!
Each birth is such a uniquely individual experience! And yes, certainly not a walk in the park, but it's amazing how our bodies can go through so much and emerge victorious with a healthy baby!

Reactions: bookworm
Wow, looks like you had a relatively smooth and quick labor compared to some others! That's awesome!

My second birth was quite different from my first. My labor started with my waters breaking at 38 weeks, contracting weakly thereafter. I had to be admitted to the hospital for monitoring since the contractions didn't progress. After 24 hours, I still wasn't dilating, and so I opted for an induction.

The induction wasn't overly successful either, so I ended up having pitocin which finally helped me progress. It turned into an intense and painful experience with contracts coming every 30 seconds by the end. But thankfully, my daughter was born healthy, albeit two weeks early, weighing a more modest 3.5kg.

Both birth stories have their unique challenges and victories, but I'm glad I experienced them and wouldn't change them for the world!
I've heard that each birth can be quite different from the other! You never know what positions babies will get themselves into or how your body will react. You've got some interesting stories to share with your little ones now.

both your births sound like they were quite an adventure! Good thing everything turned out great in the end, and you're right - each birth is a unique experience. Thanks for sharing!

Each birth story is truly unique! The human body is incredible in its complexity and strength. Glad to hear you're doing well despite the challenges. Thanks for sharing; I enjoyed listening to your stories! Have a great day ahead!

Wow, you're lucky to have such a smooth and quick labour! Not having to endure hours of intense pain sounds like a dream come true!
Some might say it's luck; others would attribute it to divine intervention. Either way, I'm grateful for the relatively seamless experience. Each birth is unique in its way; some are certainly more challenging than others. Yours, for instance, with the pitocin induction and weak contractions, sounded grueling! But you powered through, so kudos to you!

Wow, you're lucky to have such a smooth and quick labour! Not having to endure hours of intense pain sounds like a dream come true!
I was lucky to have had a smooth pregnancy and birth, No pains or complications; it all just.. happened. I think I must have been lucky because everything worked out so well without any extra interventions. Though I hear those who've endured longer labour have an even greater sense of achievement afterwards!

it's fascinating how differently each birth can turn out. It's like they say, every pregnancy is unique! In my experience though, quick labours seem to pack an extra punch in terms of intensity, likely because everything happens so swiftly!

That's quite the opposite of my experience; it started slowly but ended well, and yours began with a bang and ended up with an operation! So glad you shared this detail - prematurity adds a whole new level of complexity and emotion to the birth story. Doesn't it just make you appreciate your little fighter even more?
You're right; it's amazing how perspectives differ so greatly based on individual experiences. I feel incredibly grateful for my children's resilience and strength, especially in tricky situations!

That's quite the opposite of my experience; it started slowly but ended well, and yours began with a bang and ended up with an operation! So glad you shared this detail - prematurity adds a whole new level of complexity and emotion to the birth story. Doesn't it just make you appreciate your little fighter even more?
It certainly was intense and very scary too! The intensity of contractions coupled with the worry about the baby's position and health made for a very emotional ride, but it's a blessing that modern medicine could step in. Having gone through it, I've gained even more respect for doctors - they're literally heroes in scrubs! And yes, my little one had to stay a bit longer in the NICU, but all's well now, and every stressful moment was so worth it.

it's incredible how resilient little ones can be. Premature babies are often tough cookies which certainly adds another layer of depth and emotion to the entire experience. It makes one feel so much more grateful!

My subsequent births were equally straightforward but faster - the body knows what to do! - and less painful without that daunting anticipation of the unknown.
That's wonderful to hear! It's incredible how our bodies can make subsequent labors easier on us. Must have been a smooth and relatively stress-free experience for you, lucky you! Do share more if you can. I find these birth stories fascinating!

My subsequent births were equally straightforward but faster - the body knows what to do! - and less painful without that daunting anticipation of the unknown.
You're one tough mama! Getting through those challenges with resilience and having the presence of mind to appreciate the uniqueness of each birth experience is commendable. Many might not realize the variability of birth stories and the unpredictability of how each situation can play out. Your perspective is a reminder that every pregnancy and birth is different, and there's often little we can do except roll with the punches and trust in medical professionals.

Are there any other experiences you'd like to share or hear about? Birth stories are incredible narratives full of unexpected twists!

It's fascinating how each birth can be so different! Great to hear that yours got easier each time. The human body is an incredible thing for adapting so well. Do you think there's anything in particular that contributed to the differences, or was it just luck of the draw? Either way, you're very fortunate to have had straightforward experiences!

Wow, that's quite the contrast from your first birth! Did you end up needing any repairs afterward? You mentioned stitching, ouch... I also had a tiny tot - my son was only 2.9 kg. Such a small bundle of joy!
I did need some stitching up after my firstborn's arrival, about five stitches to be exact. It wasn't too bad, just a little tricky afterward when sitting down; thankfully, it healed quickly! A tiny but mighty warrior, that one - our little bundles give the best cuddles. 😊

Wow, that's quite the contrast from your first birth! Did you end up needing any repairs afterward? You mentioned stitching, ouch... I also had a tiny tot - my son was only 2.9 kg. Such a small bundle of joy!
I did have some stitching done down under, as the doctor put it. It wasn't too bad, just a few internal tears from the intensity and speed of it all. Nothing major, thankfully!

Awww, your son sounds so tiny and cute!! It's amazing how much variation there can be in birth weights, even within the same general size category. Your little one seems like such a munchkin! Did you end up having any complications because of his size?

I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic labour. But I'm glad you and your baby are doing well now! Does anyone else have a birth story they'd like to share?
As a matter of fact, I do have quite an interesting birth story to share that happened rather unexpectedly. It started out as a regular Sunday afternoon. I was 38 weeks pregnant and had been having some minor contractions for a couple of days, nothing too painful. However, around noon, I started feeling some intense pressure and a lot of lower back pain. My husband helped me time the contractions, and they were about 5 minutes apart. We decided it couldn't hurt to head to the hospital since this was our first child and we had no idea what to expect.

Long story short, we checked in, and I was already dilated to 7cm! I couldn't believe it. The contractions were so intense that the nurse said the baby would be coming soon. Thankfully, my body did most of the work, and I didn't need any interventions or pain meds. Within a few hours, I went from 7cm to holding our beautiful daughter in my arms. It was such a blur but also the most magical experience ever! She's two years old now, running around causing trouble - couldn't love her more!

Yes, plenty of stitches down there! Worth it though, as they say. My next two children were similarly petite - all A+ students in the 2.5 to 3kg range. Perhaps I just make tiny people!

I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic labour. But I'm glad you and your baby are doing well now! Does anyone else have a birth story they'd like to share?
As a mother who has gone through these life-changing experiences, birth stories are certainly engaging, though sometimes harrowing tales of resilience and strength! It's amazing how women's bodies are created to endure such challenges. I'm content with my two straightforward, albeit distinct birth experiences that have now become precious memories.

I had some stitches down there, but the experience was a blur, to be honest. The relief was enormous; that, plus the hormones, meant I didn't feel much physically afterward. It's a wonder what our bodies can go through and how fast we recover!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu