• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Birth Story

Wow, that's certainly a quick one! Lucky you for having such a speedy labour. Yes, as long as mother and baby are healthy, that's the main thing!
a smooth and fast labor is certainly a lucky scenario! It's a relieve to have a healthy outcome despite the challenges some mothers face during labor.

Wow, that's certainly a quick one! Lucky you for having such a speedy labour. Yes, as long as mother and baby are healthy, that's the main thing!
a scary but ultimately pleasant surprise! It's truly amazing how our bodies can adapt and go through such intense changes. The human body is truly fascinating!

Reactions: joyful
Not so lucky in my case! A very traumatic experience leading to some persistent issues requiring physio, but worth it to have a healthy baby who didn't need any NICU time despite being early. I'm grateful for the good outcome, however painful the process was. Can't help but wonder if a longer labour would've been better for my body though!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Wow, that's certainly a brisk labor! Lucky you for having such a quick birth, must have been quite the adventure! as long as mom and baby are healthy, that's the ultimate goal achieved!
it was a wild ride, and I feel fortunate Yes, a healthy mum and bub - that's the ultimate win. :)

Wow, that's certainly a brisk labor! Lucky you for having such a quick birth, must have been quite the adventure! as long as mom and baby are healthy, that's the ultimate goal achieved!
Yes - a wild ride is how I would describe it! And you're right; a happy, healthy outcome is all that matters in the end, even if there are some scary moments along the way.

Wow, that's quite the quick labour you experienced! Lucky you, getting it over with so swiftly. You're right; as long as mother and baby are healthy, that's the ultimate goal!
Yes, (oops, I mean, of course), a short labour is a dream come true for some of us! It's really quite an adventure, isn't it? The body is truly amazing.

Wow, that's quite the quick labour you experienced! Lucky you, getting it over with so swiftly. You're right; as long as mother and baby are healthy, that's the ultimate goal!
it's a huge relief when all goes well! Quick births can be quite the adventure and a tremendous rush of emotions, but they're definitely not for the faint-hearted!

Yes, I consider myself lucky! It's a memorable experience that I cherish, though certainly not without pain and challenges. Every birth story is unique, but the precious little one at the end makes it all worthwhile!

Yes it was a crazy whirlwind, but I count myself lucky to have had a mostly uneventful labor, considering all the horror stories one hears!

Not sure if I'd say lucky - more like scary and painful - but yes, it was definitely an adventure and a half! My subsequent births were also quick, though less traumatic, thank goodness! There's nothing like that first birth to test your mettle.

That's quite a story! Sounds like you had a good support system in place, which helped you endure the pain and stay focused. Was it similar for your second birth, or did you have any new experiences?
My second birth was a totally different experience! It was even faster and more intense than the first. I went into labor during the night, and by the time we reached the hospital, I was already 7 cm dilated. It progressed so quickly that there wasn't time for an epidural or any other intervention. This baby was also premmie, but a healthy weight of 2.8kg.

The memory that stands out to me most from this birth was hearing my son's first cries. They were so loud and robust! It surprised me because he was premature and quite small. The midwife told me later that his lungs were strong and healthy, which was a wonderful reassurance.

Despite the speed of it all, I remember feeling very present during the birth and incredibly focused on bringing my baby into the world. It was a wild ride, but again, a positive experience, if that makes sense!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
My second pregnancy took a different turn. I had a scheduled C-section two weeks prior to my due date because my doctor discovered during a routine checkup that the baby had breech presentation and didn't want to risk a natural birth. It was quite an unexpected development, but I went along with the recommendation. The operation itself was calm and almost soothing, which stood in stark contrast to my first birth's intense experience. I remember hearing my daughter's first cries above the operating room noises, which sounded even more precious since I couldn't feel my lower body due to the spinal block. It left me feeling distant from the whole birthing process, almost like I was just an observer, but seeing her made it all so real and incredible.
The two experiences were very different! The intense and empowering natural birth with my first child, and a very calm, unusual C-section for the second. You're right; the variety of ways to give birth never ceases to amaze me!

That's quite a story! Sounds like you had a good support system in place, which helped you endure the pain and stay focused. Was it similar for your second birth, or did you have any new experiences?
My second birth was even more intense! It started out naturally at home with contractions that woke me up in the middle of the night. By the time we got to the hospital, I was already 8cm dilated and in so much pain that I requested an epidural immediately. Fortunately, it went smoothly this time, although the pushing stage felt forever. Turned out my daughter was sunny-side up, explaining the intense pain. Born at a smaller size of 2.9kg compared to her older brother, she certainly made up for it with her noisy debut! Lots of cord wrapping and a slight heart rate deceleration added some drama, but all turned out well in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
My second pregnancy took a different turn. I had a scheduled C-section two weeks prior to my due date because my doctor discovered during a routine checkup that the baby had breech presentation and didn't want to risk a natural birth. It was quite an unexpected development, but I went along with the recommendation. The operation itself was calm and almost soothing, which stood in stark contrast to my first birth's intense experience. I remember hearing my daughter's first cries above the operating room noises, which sounded even more precious since I couldn't feel my lower body due to the spinal block. It left me feeling distant from the whole birthing process, almost like I was just an observer, but seeing her made it all so real and incredible.
I can only imagine how surreal that must've been, having such different experiences for your births. I'm sure the unexpectedness of it all added to the challenge. But it's amazing how we adapt to changing situations, especially with the right medical support! Was there anything you did post-operation to recover and heal?

That sounds like a very interesting and unique birth story! The breech presentation must have been a scary discovery, but it's wonderful that the C-section went smoothly and you had an alternative birth experience compared to your first. The contrasting feelings of your natural birth vs. C-section must've left a profound impression on you!

The different experiences of your two births are quite fascinating! scheduled C-sections seem so clinical compared to the unknowns of natural birth. I'm curious about the recovery period for such a major procedure; is there anything you found especially helpful post-op?

That's quite an experience, especially having such different births! It's lucky you had such a supportive doctor and a smooth operation for what sounded like a frightening situation. Certainly an adventure you'll remember, especially given the unusual circumstances!

Did your recovery go well after the C-section? I've heard those can be tricky.

Wow, looks like you had a relatively smooth and quick labor compared to some others! That's awesome!

My second birth was quite different from my first. My labor started with my waters breaking at 38 weeks, contracting weakly thereafter. I had to be admitted to the hospital for monitoring since the contractions didn't progress. After 24 hours, I still wasn't dilating, and so I opted for an induction.

The induction wasn't overly successful either, so I ended up having pitocin which finally helped me progress. It turned into an intense and painful experience with contracts coming every 30 seconds by the end. But thankfully, my daughter was born healthy, albeit two weeks early, weighing a more modest 3.5kg.

Both birth stories have their unique challenges and victories, but I'm glad I experienced them and wouldn't change them for the world!
I think every mum has their unique birth story - it's amazing how different each person's experience can be!

Wow, looks like you had a relatively smooth and quick labor compared to some others! That's awesome!

My second birth was quite different from my first. My labor started with my waters breaking at 38 weeks, contracting weakly thereafter. I had to be admitted to the hospital for monitoring since the contractions didn't progress. After 24 hours, I still wasn't dilating, and so I opted for an induction.

The induction wasn't overly successful either, so I ended up having pitocin which finally helped me progress. It turned into an intense and painful experience with contracts coming every 30 seconds by the end. But thankfully, my daughter was born healthy, albeit two weeks early, weighing a more modest 3.5kg.

Both birth stories have their unique challenges and victories, but I'm glad I experienced them and wouldn't change them for the world!
You certainly had quite an eventful journey into motherhood! Two different birth experiences keep things interesting, haha.

I guess you're done with the whole birthing business, or will we see a third installment? Joking aside, it's incredible how our bodies can go through these challenges and emerge with these little lives that change everything. I'm curious to see what new adventures motherhood brings for all of us.

It's soothing to know that each of us has unique yet relatable experiences - some peaceful, some intense, but all worthwhile in the end!

Each birth is so different; it's fascinating! And yes, I agree that despite the difficulties, the end results make it all worthwhile!
Have you found that your birth experiences have influenced your subsequent parenting journey in any way?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu