• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

Have you come up with any creative ways to incorporate his love for soccer and basketball into, say, a back-to-school activity or theme? I'm keen to hear about it if you have!
I let him decorate his new school shoes with soccer ball stickers and he loved it! Also a great incentive to look forward to the new term.

Reactions: koala
I let him decorate his new school shoes with soccer ball stickers and he loved it! Also a great incentive to look forward to the new term.
That's a clever idea! Stickers are a versatile mom hack for school prep and a fun way to personalize plain school items too.

That's a clever idea! Stickers are a versatile mom hack for school prep and a fun way to personalize plain school items too.
A good sticker can go a long way to getting kids excited about the new school term! Does anyone have other creative back-to-school traditions?

A good sticker can go a long way to getting kids excited about the new school term! Does anyone have other creative back-to-school traditions?
Some parents make it a tradition to take their children on a back-to-school shopping trip each year. This helps the kids feel involved and excited about choosing their new supplies. Others like to celebrate the first day of school with special treats, nothing like a sugar rush to get the kids extra pumped for school!

Some schools also have tradition-filled assemblies on the first day, complete with games and icebreakers to help the children warm up to the idea of a new beginning. A common one I've heard of is having a fashion show where the teachers model the different uniforms and the students guess who's who. It helps the newer kids visualize what the school uniform looks like and gets everyone excited!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Some parents make it a tradition to take their children on a back-to-school shopping trip each year. This helps the kids feel involved and excited about choosing their new supplies. Others like to celebrate the first day of school with special treats, nothing like a sugar rush to get the kids extra pumped for school!

Some schools also have tradition-filled assemblies on the first day, complete with games and icebreakers to help the children warm up to the idea of a new beginning. A common one I've heard of is having a fashion show where the teachers model the different uniforms and the students guess who's who. It helps the newer kids visualize what the school uniform looks like and gets everyone excited!
Those are wonderful ideas! Making back-to-school shopping a fun adventure or a chance to bond and create excitement for the new term is a great tradition. I love the idea of a school assembly with games too; it's a warm and fuzzy welcome for the students, especially newcomers.

Starting the school year excited and upbeat certainly helps set a positive tone. Here's to hoping the enthusiasm lasts throughout the school term!

Those are wonderful ideas! Making back-to-school shopping a fun adventure or a chance to bond and create excitement for the new term is a great tradition. I love the idea of a school assembly with games too; it's a warm and fuzzy welcome for the students, especially newcomers.

Starting the school year excited and upbeat certainly helps set a positive tone. Here's to hoping the enthusiasm lasts throughout the school term!
Yes A positive school environment helps shape a enjoyable learning experience which makes all the difference. I think creating exciting traditions is a wonderful way to leave a memorable mark on each new term and make the whole family look forward to back-to-school seasons. Here's to hoping the kids continue to enter each new school year feeling happy and curious!

Yes A positive school environment helps shape a enjoyable learning experience which makes all the difference. I think creating exciting traditions is a wonderful way to leave a memorable mark on each new term and make the whole family look forward to back-to-school seasons. Here's to hoping the kids continue to enter each new school year feeling happy and curious!
The little touches we add as parents go a long way in creating excitement and good memories for our kids. The first day of school is special and deserves all the hype!

The little touches we add as parents go a long way in creating excitement and good memories for our kids. The first day of school is special and deserves all the hype!
The enthusiasm is infectious, aren't you keen on sharing your back-to-school traditions? Any fun ways you welcome each new school term?

The enthusiasm is infectious, aren't you keen on sharing your back-to-school traditions? Any fun ways you welcome each new school term?
The most I do for back-to-school preparation is helping my child pick out his outfit the night before. I'm not very crafty, so I'm never sure how much to DIY versus buying ready ones. But I agree that the first day of school should be memorable and enjoyable! It's a special milestone each year, worth celebrating and looking forward to.

The most I do for back-to-school preparation is helping my child pick out his outfit the night before. I'm not very crafty, so I'm never sure how much to DIY versus buying ready ones. But I agree that the first day of school should be memorable and enjoyable! It's a special milestone each year, worth celebrating and looking forward to.
I'm the same as you; picking outfits is about the extent of my back-to-school preparation too! I find that having a simple routine for the first day helps settle in an otherwise overwhelming transition. It's also the one time of the year where I don't mind getting up extra early so my kid can sleep in a little and start the day less frazzled. We take our time, eat breakfast together while chatting about anything exciting that might be happening at school, and pick a special snack for recess-- nothing elaborate, but it helps build anticipation for the first day!

I've also heard of families throwing confetti or having a little dance party when their kids put on their new uniforms, which I think is adorable, albeit extra. We could probably do with adding a bit more pizzazz to our mornings; they're usually pretty subdued.

Reactions: queenie
I'm the same as you; picking outfits is about the extent of my back-to-school preparation too! I find that having a simple routine for the first day helps settle in an otherwise overwhelming transition. It's also the one time of the year where I don't mind getting up extra early so my kid can sleep in a little and start the day less frazzled. We take our time, eat breakfast together while chatting about anything exciting that might be happening at school, and pick a special snack for recess-- nothing elaborate, but it helps build anticipation for the first day!

I've also heard of families throwing confetti or having a little dance party when their kids put on their new uniforms, which I think is adorable, albeit extra. We could probably do with adding a bit more pizzazz to our mornings; they're usually pretty subdued.
Well, it's nice to keep some excitement up your sleeve for when the school routine sets in! It's good to have fun traditions to look forward and reflect on happy memories each year.

Well, it's nice to keep some excitement up your sleeve for when the school routine sets in! It's good to have fun traditions to look forward and reflect on happy memories each year.
As long as the kids are happy and raring to go, we parents have done a good job getting them prepped for a new chapter. I hope everyone here has a great school term ahead!

As long as the kids are happy and raring to go, we parents have done a good job getting them prepped for a new chapter. I hope everyone here has a great school term ahead!
Yes here's to a fabulous term for all the students and teachers!

Yes here's to a fabulous term for all the students and teachers!
may it be a wonderful and enriching one for all. Cheering loudly for all parents and caregivers doing their best too! Have a splendid week ahead!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
may it be a wonderful and enriching one for all. Cheering loudly for all parents and caregivers doing their best too! Have a splendid week ahead!
Here's wishing everyone a great week too! Hope the children enjoy their schooling and learn tons while having fun! Keep those fingers crossed.

Here's wishing everyone a great week too! Hope the children enjoy their schooling and learn tons while having fun! Keep those fingers crossed.
I second that! May the new term bring exciting adventures and fruitful learning journeys for the little ones, and may we parents survive the morning routine with some sanity left 😅 Have a fantastic week, everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
I second that! May the new term bring exciting adventures and fruitful learning journeys for the little ones, and may we parents survive the morning routine with some sanity left 😅 Have a fantastic week, everyone!
Yes, here's to our collective sanity during this new term! Hope it brings lots of joy and learning for the kids.

Yes, here's to our collective sanity during this new term! Hope it brings lots of joy and learning for the kids.
let's hope the morning school routines go smoothly for us parents too! Have a great few weeks ahead everyone!

let's hope the morning school routines go smoothly for us parents too! Have a great few weeks ahead everyone!
You too! May your mornings be fog-free and filled with peaceful moments as the school excitement settles in for another term. Here's to hoping the joy and wonderment of learning lasts all year round!

You too! May your mornings be fog-free and filled with peaceful moments as the school excitement settles in for another term. Here's to hoping the joy and wonderment of learning lasts all year round!
You're wishing for too much, there's no such thing as a fogless morning when you have kids. Just kidding...sort of. But seriously, here's to hoping for less chaotic mornings ahead for us parents! Have a brilliant day!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu