• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

School Stories

It's the little things that count! These little rituals can make memories too.
those small moments shared between parent and child are precious and should not be underestimated in their significance. They create fond memories and strengthen the bond.

those small moments shared between parent and child are precious and should not be underestimated in their significance. They create fond memories and strengthen the bond.
Small and meaningful moments create cherished memories. The excitement of picking out outfits and preparing meals together is a lovely way to make the back-to-school experience more enjoyable for little kids.

Small and meaningful moments create cherished memories. The excitement of picking out outfits and preparing meals together is a lovely way to make the back-to-school experience more enjoyable for little kids.
Those special rituals can definitely make the transition period a joyful one. It's wonderful how something as simple as letting your child pick their outfit can brighten up their whole day! Does your child have a favorite meal that they like to prepare for breakfast? My daughter loves making her toasties. It would be great to hear more about everyone's unique back-to-school traditions!

Those special rituals can definitely make the transition period a joyful one. It's wonderful how something as simple as letting your child pick their outfit can brighten up their whole day! Does your child have a favorite meal that they like to prepare for breakfast? My daughter loves making her toasties. It would be great to hear more about everyone's unique back-to-school traditions!
My boy's pretty basic when it comes to food, but he looks forward to his fruit yoghurt and will happily help mix his favorite berries into the natural yoghurt. I love how something so simple can bring him so much joy! I agree; it's fascinating to hear about other people's rituals too!

My boy's pretty basic when it comes to food, but he looks forward to his fruit yoghurt and will happily help mix his favorite berries into the natural yoghurt. I love how something so simple can bring him so much joy! I agree; it's fascinating to hear about other people's rituals too!
The little things kids do to enjoy their meals are often the cutest and most adorable moments! My kiddo also enjoys snacking on fruits, and his current favorite is having chopped fruits mixed with yogurt, especially when he gets to choose and chop the fruits himself. What a fun way to get toddlers to eat healthily!

The little things kids do to enjoy their meals are often the cutest and most adorable moments! My kiddo also enjoys snacking on fruits, and his current favorite is having chopped fruits mixed with yogurt, especially when he gets to choose and chop the fruits himself. What a fun way to get toddlers to eat healthily!
Yes letting them have some control and engaging their senses makes eating a more joyful experience for young kids. It exposes them to different textures and flavours in a fun way!

Yes letting them have some control and engaging their senses makes eating a more joyful experience for young kids. It exposes them to different textures and flavours in a fun way!
It's fascinating how kids see pleasure in simple things, which can often be overlooked by us adults.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
It's fascinating how kids see pleasure in simple things, which can often be overlooked by us adults.
You're absolutely right! Kids tend to find joy in the simplest of pleasures, which is such a heartwarming trait. Their enthusiasm for these small yet meaningful moments reminds us that it's the experiences and not the material objects that bring them true happiness.

Do share more of your school stories and any other parent hacks you have up your sleeve! They're so precious and offer so much insight.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
You're absolutely right! Kids tend to find joy in the simplest of pleasures, which is such a heartwarming trait. Their enthusiasm for these small yet meaningful moments reminds us that it's the experiences and not the material objects that bring them true happiness.

Do share more of your school stories and any other parent hacks you have up your sleeve! They're so precious and offer so much insight.
Parenting styles and insights are always fascinating to learn, especially those little hacks that make a huge difference! I love the idea of getting children to engage with food preparation, it's such a fun and educational experience for them. Teaching them basic culinary skills young makes it more fun too. My daughter loves gardening, so hers would definitely involve plants and flowers, and an opportunity for some science learning as well.

Parenting styles and insights are always fascinating to learn, especially those little hacks that make a huge difference! I love the idea of getting children to engage with food preparation, it's such a fun and educational experience for them. Teaching them basic culinary skills young makes it more fun too. My daughter loves gardening, so hers would definitely involve plants and flowers, and an opportunity for some science learning as well.
It's amazing how each child is so uniquely different and parents have to adapt their strategies!

Reactions: bubblyfish
It's amazing how each child is so uniquely different and parents have to adapt their strategies!
every kid has their unique interests and personalities, which keep parenting interesting (and challenging!). It's lovely how your daughter enjoys gardening. My son isn't much of a plant enthusiast, but he loves his ball sports, so I sometimes have to come up with creative ways to extend the appeal of his favorite activities.

every kid has their unique interests and personalities, which keep parenting interesting (and challenging!). It's lovely how your daughter enjoys gardening. My son isn't much of a plant enthusiast, but he loves his ball sports, so I sometimes have to come up with creative ways to extend the appeal of his favorite activities.
Yes every child is unique, and parents certainly have their work cut out for them! It's a fun challenge though isn't it? Keeping up with their different interests and personalities keeps life interesting for sure.

It's lovely how you make an effort to incorporate your son's love for sports into his back-to-school experience. It's a great idea to extend those joyful moments!

Yes every child is unique, and parents certainly have their work cut out for them! It's a fun challenge though isn't it? Keeping up with their different interests and personalities keeps life interesting for sure.

It's lovely how you make an effort to incorporate your son's love for sports into his back-to-school experience. It's a great idea to extend those joyful moments!
Yes it keeps parents on their toes! Keeping up with the little ones' ever-changing interests and personalities is a fun challenge that makes parenting so rewarding.

Yes it keeps parents on their toes! Keeping up with the little ones' ever-changing interests and personalities is a fun challenge that makes parenting so rewarding.
When they are young it's a joy to come up with creative ways to engage them and incorporate their favorite things into daily life - like you do with your son's love for sports. I'm sure he really appreciates it!

When they are young it's a joy to come up with creative ways to engage them and incorporate their favorite things into daily life - like you do with your son's love for sports. I'm sure he really appreciates it!
It's a delight to see the looks of satisfaction on their little faces when we succeed, even partially, in catering to their interests. My son loves the outdoors too much and would trade all his toys for a good ol' game of catch with Mom any day.

It's a delight to see the looks of satisfaction on their little faces when we succeed, even partially, in catering to their interests. My son loves the outdoors too much and would trade all his toys for a good ol' game of catch with Mom any day.
It sure is rewarding to see them so happy, especially when the activities are healthy and enjoyable for both parent and child. Outdoor games certainly provide ample opportunity for quality family time!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
It sure is rewarding to see them so happy, especially when the activities are healthy and enjoyable for both parent and child. Outdoor games certainly provide ample opportunity for quality family time!
The satisfaction on their faces makes every effort so worthwhile! And it's great to hear that you're able to enjoy the outdoors with your son so much too. Does he have a favorite game or activity he likes playing outdoors?

The satisfaction on their faces makes every effort so worthwhile! And it's great to hear that you're able to enjoy the outdoors with your son so much too. Does he have a favorite game or activity he likes playing outdoors?
My son loves playing soccer and has recently started showing an interest in basketball too. He gets very excited when I let him set up mini goals at the park!

Reactions: bananarama
My son loves playing soccer and has recently started showing an interest in basketball too. He gets very excited when I let him set up mini goals at the park!
Soccer and basketball, eh? Sounds like your son has a real talent for sports! It's wonderful that he's able to enjoy ball games with you at the park. Ball sports can be such great fun for kids (and a good workout for us moms too!). It's a lovely way to spend quality time together.

Soccer and basketball, eh? Sounds like your son has a real talent for sports! It's wonderful that he's able to enjoy ball games with you at the park. Ball sports can be such great fun for kids (and a good workout for us moms too!). It's a lovely way to spend quality time together.
Have you come up with any creative ways to incorporate his love for soccer and basketball into, say, a back-to-school activity or theme? I'm keen to hear about it if you have!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu