• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

Enjoy the outdoors while you can then! Make the most of the weekend!
There's a possibility of a short picnic in the park nearby if the skies hold up. Fingers crossed and have a fab weekend ahead!

There's a possibility of a short picnic in the park nearby if the skies hold up. Fingers crossed and have a fab weekend ahead!
I do hope the sun comes out for you to enjoy your picnic at the park! Have a great time!

I do hope the sun comes out for you to enjoy your picnic at the park! Have a great time!
That would be lovely. Picnics are made better with good weather. fingers crossed indeed! Do you usually pack special snacks or dishes for your picnics?

That would be lovely. Picnics are made better with good weather. fingers crossed indeed! Do you usually pack special snacks or dishes for your picnics?
Special dishes for a picnic? No, I don't typically prepare special snacks as I like to keep it simple and convenient. Finger foods like cold cuts of cheese and crackers, some fruits, and maybe sandwiches are my usual go-tos for picnics. Anything too messy or elaborate can be tricky when you're eating outdoors! What about you? Do you have any favorite picnic foods?

Special dishes for a picnic? No, I don't typically prepare special snacks as I like to keep it simple and convenient. Finger foods like cold cuts of cheese and crackers, some fruits, and maybe sandwiches are my usual go-tos for picnics. Anything too messy or elaborate can be tricky when you're eating outdoors! What about you? Do you have any favorite picnic foods?
I agree, simplicity is best because preparing elaborate meals for a picnic can be challenging. I enjoy having cold salads like potato salad and chicken salad sandwiches, they're easy to eat and mess-free. I also pack sliced fruits like strawberries and melon, which are sweet and refreshing on a hot day. Sometimes I bring cheese and crackers too, which everyone enjoys at room temperature, and it's less hassle than managing delicate meats. If we'repicnicking near a lake or beach, I might bring some seafood snacks too - pre-cooked prawns or crab sticks - for that seaside vibe!

I try to keep it varied and colorful, and of course, mostly finger food so we can focus on the scenery and each other's company rather than spending too much time preparing complicated dishes. It's fun to pack a little something sweet too - like cookies or brownies - for a little treat at the end!

I agree, simplicity is best because preparing elaborate meals for a picnic can be challenging. I enjoy having cold salads like potato salad and chicken salad sandwiches, they're easy to eat and mess-free. I also pack sliced fruits like strawberries and melon, which are sweet and refreshing on a hot day. Sometimes I bring cheese and crackers too, which everyone enjoys at room temperature, and it's less hassle than managing delicate meats. If we'repicnicking near a lake or beach, I might bring some seafood snacks too - pre-cooked prawns or crab sticks - for that seaside vibe!

I try to keep it varied and colorful, and of course, mostly finger food so we can focus on the scenery and each other's company rather than spending too much time preparing complicated dishes. It's fun to pack a little something sweet too - like cookies or brownies - for a little treat at the end!
I love the seafood snack idea! Simple, yet it ups the fancy factor for a picnic. I might try that next time. Thanks for sharing!

Do you think seafood snacks would be a good choice for a pregnant woman's picnic, too?

I love the seafood snack idea! Simple, yet it ups the fancy factor for a picnic. I might try that next time. Thanks for sharing!

Do you think seafood snacks would be a good choice for a pregnant woman's picnic, too?
Seafood snacks can be a great option for pregnant women too, as long as they're properly cooked and handled, which most pre-packaged options usually are. Prenatal vitamins might make some women crave seaside treats! It's a nice change from the typical picnic fare and provides a good protein source.

Seafood snacks can be a great option for pregnant women too, as long as they're properly cooked and handled, which most pre-packaged options usually are. Prenatal vitamins might make some women crave seaside treats! It's a nice change from the typical picnic fare and provides a good protein source.
Pregnant women generally should avoid eating raw or undercooked seafood, but cooked prawns or crab, like what you described, are indeed a good and safe source of protein. picnicking can be a sensitive experience with pregnancy cravings and aversions, so the familiar favorites might win over adventurous choices. It's exciting to prepare a special spread just the same! Do you have any other recommendations for expecting mothers?

Pregnant women generally should avoid eating raw or undercooked seafood, but cooked prawns or crab, like what you described, are indeed a good and safe source of protein. picnicking can be a sensitive experience with pregnancy cravings and aversions, so the familiar favorites might win over adventurous choices. It's exciting to prepare a special spread just the same! Do you have any other recommendations for expecting mothers?
I'd recommend having a variety of cold salads as they're easy to prepare and packed with nutrients. Pregnant women need plenty of fruits and vegetables, so including some in the picnic basket wouldn't go amiss - think sliced watermelon, strawberries, or even a veggie stick salad. You can also consider including some prenatal vitamins gummies as a special snack! They'd certainly add a fun twist to the usual picnic food and provide the expecting mother with some nutritional support.

For a more indulgent option, rich chocolate treats are often crave-worthy during pregnancy, but I'd suggest going for high-quality, organic varieties, which tend to have safer ingredient lists for expectant mothers.

I'd recommend having a variety of cold salads as they're easy to prepare and packed with nutrients. Pregnant women need plenty of fruits and vegetables, so including some in the picnic basket wouldn't go amiss - think sliced watermelon, strawberries, or even a veggie stick salad. You can also consider including some prenatal vitamins gummies as a special snack! They'd certainly add a fun twist to the usual picnic food and provide the expecting mother with some nutritional support.

For a more indulgent option, rich chocolate treats are often crave-worthy during pregnancy, but I'd suggest going for high-quality, organic varieties, which tend to have safer ingredient lists for expectant mothers.
High-quality chocolate is a great treat, and it's exciting to see these luxurious picnic snacks coming together! Organic produce is best when you're pregnant as you don't want any nasty chemicals. All the nutritious treats you've mentioned are great suggestions - they're delicious and healthy!

Are there any other essential items you think pregnant mamas should pack for their picnics?

High-quality chocolate is a great treat, and it's exciting to see these luxurious picnic snacks coming together! Organic produce is best when you're pregnant as you don't want any nasty chemicals. All the nutritious treats you've mentioned are great suggestions - they're delicious and healthy!

Are there any other essential items you think pregnant mamas should pack for their picnics?
Pregnant mamas should also bring along some comfy pillows or a small mat to sit on. It's never a bad idea to prioritize comfort, especially when you're carrying another human! Some bug spray or natural insect repellent could also be useful depending on the location of your picnic. Aside from that, perhaps some refreshing, hydrating fruits like watermelons and cucumbers could be a welcome snack option!

Pregnant mamas should also bring along some comfy pillows or a small mat to sit on. It's never a bad idea to prioritize comfort, especially when you're carrying another human! Some bug spray or natural insect repellent could also be useful depending on the location of your picnic. Aside from that, perhaps some refreshing, hydrating fruits like watermelons and cucumbers could be a welcome snack option!
That's a great tip about the pillows and mat - comfort is indeed crucial, especially when you're expecting. I usually bring a small cooler bag for picnics, which keeps my snacks fresh and helps me bring home anything uneaten. It comes in handy for storing cold drinks and keeping them cool throughout the outing too!

For a relaxing picnic experience, some gentle, natural insect repellent and maybe some citronella-based candles could also help create a pleasant atmosphere and keep those bugs at bay.

That's a great tip about the pillows and mat - comfort is indeed crucial, especially when you're expecting. I usually bring a small cooler bag for picnics, which keeps my snacks fresh and helps me bring home anything uneaten. It comes in handy for storing cold drinks and keeping them cool throughout the outing too!

For a relaxing picnic experience, some gentle, natural insect repellent and maybe some citronella-based candles could also help create a pleasant atmosphere and keep those bugs at bay.
I love how we're all putting together this ultimate comfortable pregnant picnic date! The candles are a lovely idea - setting the mood with a nice fragrance and keeping the insects away too. I'd pack some in my bag for sure, along with my essential oils to create that extra cozy and relaxing vibe.

Now, are there any must-have items you guys think expecting mothers should have in their picnic arsenal?

I love how we're all putting together this ultimate comfortable pregnant picnic date! The candles are a lovely idea - setting the mood with a nice fragrance and keeping the insects away too. I'd pack some in my bag for sure, along with my essential oils to create that extra cozy and relaxing vibe.

Now, are there any must-have items you guys think expecting mothers should have in their picnic arsenal?
Essential oils can help with various things, including soothing pregnant mama's nerves, so that's a great suggestion! Some relax music or an audiobook playing in the background could also up the relaxation factor. A portable speaker would be useful for that. Otherwise, a good old printed book, some preggo-friendly sunscreen, and a wide-brimmed hat might also be handy additions to the picnic arsenal for expectant mothers!

Essential oils can help with various things, including soothing pregnant mama's nerves, so that's a great suggestion! Some relax music or an audiobook playing in the background could also up the relaxation factor. A portable speaker would be useful for that. Otherwise, a good old printed book, some preggo-friendly sunscreen, and a wide-brimmed hat might also be handy additions to the picnic arsenal for expectant mothers!
The essentials oils and music suggestions are lovely ways to create an ambiance. Books, sunscreens, and hats are definitely useful items to bring for a relaxing picnic. Mamas-to-be sure have a lot of preparations to make!

Any other recommendations mamma forum users would like to share?

Reactions: musical
The essentials oils and music suggestions are lovely ways to create an ambiance. Books, sunscreens, and hats are definitely useful items to bring for a relaxing picnic. Mamas-to-be sure have a lot of preparations to make!

Any other recommendations mamma forum users would like to share?
You're right; there's so much to prepare and consider! In addition to the fantastic suggestions above, a comfortable shawl or light cardigan could come in handy too - useful for draping over your lap or wrapping yourself up cozy-like. Also, pregnant ladies often have quite the appetite, so including some savory snacks like pretzels or crackers could be a good idea!

You're right; there's so much to prepare and consider! In addition to the fantastic suggestions above, a comfortable shawl or light cardigan could come in handy too - useful for draping over your lap or wrapping yourself up cozy-like. Also, pregnant ladies often have quite the appetite, so including some savory snacks like pretzels or crackers could be a good idea!
The contributions here make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! We're covering everything a mama-to-be could possibly need for a snug picnic. Keep those suggestions coming, ladies!

The contributions here make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! We're covering everything a mama-to-be could possibly need for a snug picnic. Keep those suggestions coming, ladies!
Indeed, this thread is full of lovely ideas! It's so thoughtful of you all to share your wisdom and prepare expecting mamas for a pleasant picnic experience. As the forum's resident techie, I'd recommend throwing in some portable battery packs to keep your gadgets charged up throughout the day. There's nothing like a dead phone battery to dampen the mood, especially if you want to capture precious moments with your hubby and bump. Also, a little trivia for expecting mums - there are some awesome pregnancy-themed podcasts out there for entertainment and education. Download a few episodes onto your phone or tablet before you head out, and you're good for hours of picnicking!

So, what other bits and bobs would you wise mothers recommend adding to this essential picnic checklist?

Indeed, this thread is full of lovely ideas! It's so thoughtful of you all to share your wisdom and prepare expecting mamas for a pleasant picnic experience. As the forum's resident techie, I'd recommend throwing in some portable battery packs to keep your gadgets charged up throughout the day. There's nothing like a dead phone battery to dampen the mood, especially if you want to capture precious moments with your hubby and bump. Also, a little trivia for expecting mums - there are some awesome pregnancy-themed podcasts out there for entertainment and education. Download a few episodes onto your phone or tablet before you head out, and you're good for hours of picnicking!

So, what other bits and bobs would you wise mothers recommend adding to this essential picnic checklist?
As a dance teacher, I'd recommend some fun, comfy shoes because you never know when the picnic might involve some spontaneous dancing! We've got most things covered already but maybe also some personal care items like lip balm and some pregnancy-friendly perfume or body mist - because feeling good starts with smelling good.

As a dance teacher, I'd recommend some fun, comfy shoes because you never know when the picnic might involve some spontaneous dancing! We've got most things covered already but maybe also some personal care items like lip balm and some pregnancy-friendly perfume or body mist - because feeling good starts with smelling good.
All this information shared on the forum is making me feel so excited for my upcoming picnic! It's great to have such useful tips! Are there any other suggestions on things I can bring to make the most of my picnic experience?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu