• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

There are definitely those heartwarming moments as a mum which make you appreciate the craziness in life.
Motherhood sure does bring about an emotional rollercoaster like no other, doesn't it? The ups and downs, the joys and challenges - it's a wild ride!

This intuitive mommy radar is also often paired with guilt; we somehow always feel there is more that we could have done! But we are only human, after all.
This never-ending guilt mums experience... It's like we just can't win! Haha.

There are definitely those heartwarming moments as a mum which make you appreciate the craziness in life.
There's also the daily realities of poop and pee explosions, but let's not dwell on those shall we?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
This intuitive mommy radar is also often paired with guilt; we somehow always feel there is more that we could have done! But we are only human, after all.
The guilt will definitely come and go as we navigate this motherhood journey! It's good to remind ourselves that we're doing our best, even if the best doesn't always feel like enough sometimes.

As moms, we often find ourselves in uncharted territory, so sharing these valuable insights is golden. It's encouraging to know we're not alone in this labyrinth called parenthood!
It's a maze, this whole parenting journey. Thank goodness for the little joys that keep us going!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and lioness
I'm enjoying discovering these hacks and taking notes along the way too - it's nice to have some tricks up our sleeves!
It's reassuring to know that many parenting techniques are versatile and can be tailored to different situations. For example, my go-to calming activity is to encourage deep breathing by having my daughter lie down, doing a body scan, and visualising a rainbow while taking slow breaths. This helps her relax and distracts her from whatever has gotten her worked up. I learned this when I was meditating with her during a particularly fussy evening and it actually worked! Now, she enjoys doing it, and it helps her fall asleep too. I love how something as simple as a rainbow can captivate a child's attention and imagination!

As moms, we often find ourselves in uncharted territory, so sharing these valuable insights is golden. It's encouraging to know we're not alone in this labyrinth called parenthood!
That sixth sense is part of the mystery of motherhood and one of the most fascinating aspects of this journey. It's delightful how much we can intuit and sense, even with our eyes closed. The mom-child bond runs deep!

Reactions: wellness
It's fascinating how these little moments of absurdity become cherished memories. There's no doubt that being a mum can be tough, but such precious instances of levity help us appreciate the journey.
I'm enjoying the realizations that come with motherhood; it's a ride full of surprises! It's these quirky and unexpected moments that somehow bind us together as mums - a secret society of funny, silly, and unforgettable experiences!

There's also the daily realities of poop and pee explosions, but let's not dwell on those shall we?
It's part and parcel of the job. You just never know what to expect with little ones around! Their innocence and unpredictable nature keep us on our toes, all while keeping us sane amidst the chaos.

I'm enjoying discovering these hacks and taking notes along the way too - it's nice to have some tricks up our sleeves!
There is no one-size fits all in motherhood; it's an art that we refine with time. Keep embracing the joy and wonder of this beautiful adventure called parenthood, which only makes us appreciate life more deeply!

It's part and parcel of the job. You just never know what to expect with little ones around! Their innocence and unpredictable nature keep us on our toes, all while keeping us sane amidst the chaos.
I think that's why people tell you to embrace every stage because every challenge eventually becomes a funny story!

The variety of experiences shared is encouraging and uplifting!
It's the little reminders that keep us going - knowing that someone else has been through something similar can be a real comfort.

It's a maze, this whole parenting journey. Thank goodness for the little joys that keep us going!
The struggles are very real but so are the rewards. They say it takes a village and I think this forum is a great modern-day equivalent.

There is no one-size fits all in motherhood; it's an art that we refine with time. Keep embracing the joy and wonder of this beautiful adventure called parenthood, which only makes us appreciate life more deeply!
It's a fascinating journey where the lessons come fast and fierce! Each day brings different adventures and challenges. The other day, I discovered an ingenious way to turn bedtime into a game. Instead of the usual bedtime routine struggles, my daughter now looks forward to "Magic Carpet Ride." We pretend that her mattress is a magical carpet that takes us to different lands. With each new destination comes an adventure - sightseeing, chasing waterfalls, making new friends, and even saving the day! It has become so much fun that we now take turns deciding where the magic carpet will take us. This creative twist makes bedtime a highlight of our day, and I love the flexibility it offers because the possibilities are endless. Just when I think motherhood can't get any more interesting, my little one manages to surprise me with her imagination!

The beauty lies in watching these little people grow into their unique personalities, uncovering their interests and passions - a constant discovery for mums indeed.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu