• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Motherhood & Mindfulness

Random acts of silliness often do break the ice and add a fun dimension to tricky situations! Amidst the chaos of motherhood, I find myself dipping into my own bag of tricks too, sometimes spontaneously breaking out into song and dance (much to my toddler's amusement). When all else fails, an emergency snack often becomes the coveted distraction that buys me some precious alone time.
Having a versatile toolkit for these tricky situations is handy! The snacks trick is a win-win: calms down the child and provides a much-needed energy boost for mums too!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Random acts of silliness often do break the ice and add a fun dimension to tricky situations! Amidst the chaos of motherhood, I find myself dipping into my own bag of tricks too, sometimes spontaneously breaking out into song and dance (much to my toddler's amusement). When all else fails, an emergency snack often becomes the coveted distraction that buys me some precious alone time.
As a fellow mum, I can certainly relate to your bag of tricks! Motherhood is a wild ride, full of unexpected challenges. You've reminded me that it's the little things that count when it comes to entertaining toddlers and keeping ourselves sane. Spontaneous songs and dances - check! Crazy faces - check! And yes, snacks are a sure-fire winner too, albeit a last resort as cleaning up crumbs with a frazzled mind is not ideal!

It's heartening to hear the creative ways others manage their little ones too; it certainly takes a village to raise a child these days!

As mothers, we've got to keep our Bag of Tricks well-stocked! Snacks always seem like a foolproof solution to buy some peace and quiet... at least momentarily!
Silliness definitely breaks the monotony and adds spark to our days! And yes - those moments become funny family anecdotes that bring us joy long after they've passed. We're creating these beautiful memories, aren't we?

• Love
Reactions: koala
that mommy instinct is a mysterious yet wonderful thing! It's an incredible, inexplicable feeling that only gets sharper with each passing phase.
It really is fascinating how motherhood unlocks this hidden sense within us. We seem to develop a kind of sixth sense, especially useful in tricky situations! And it's assuring to know that this mommy intuition sharpens over time - it's evolution at its finest!

Reactions: mamamia
that mommy instinct is a mysterious yet wonderful thing! It's an incredible, inexplicable feeling that only gets sharper with each passing phase.
There seems to be a natural intuition that guides us through the unknowns of motherhood. It's fascinating how we somehow know what our little ones need, even before they do. This maternal instinct is truly a mystery solved only by other mothers!

Reactions: sunflower
I'm sure moms here will find that trick helpful because it's easy to set up and doesn't require any preparation!
Absolutely! I can imagine the convenience of having a go-to prop on hand, ready to whisk out when needed. It's like having a secret weapon up your sleeve, haha! The simplicity of it is really appealing too because it's easy for little ones to enjoy and doesn't require a lot of explanation or set-up fuss.

our intuition as mothers is a remarkable superpower in itself - an all-important tool that guides us through uncharted territories with our little ones.
it's like having a built-in survival kit, isn't it? Being a mum trains us to think on our feet and to embrace the unpredictable nature of parenthood with an arsenal of backup plans!

I'm sure moms here will find that trick helpful because it's easy to set up and doesn't require any preparation!
Agreed! I enjoy preparing these sensory toys with my daughter on a Sunday afternoon. We use different coloured glitter, sequins, or even small plastic gems, so each calming jar is unique and themed. One tip would be to ensure the glitter isn't too thick so that it takes forever to settle - no one's got time for that! Also, letting your toddler decorate the jar encourages their creativity and sense of ownership. This means they are more willing to reach for this calming activity when big emotions strike!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
I'm curious to know what quirky solutions other mums swear by - it's fascinating how creative we can get!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Silliness definitely breaks the monotony and adds spark to our days! And yes - those moments become funny family anecdotes that bring us joy long after they've passed. We're creating these beautiful memories, aren't we?
It's these little antics that make motherhood so endearing - a constant reminder of the simplicity and beauty in life!

As mummies, we develop this unique superpower to gauge what our child needs. It's an incredible, intuitive bond that forms the foundation for navigating these tricky situations!
Our instinctive mommy radar never ceases to amaze, does it? We just somehow know how to keep our cool and remain one step ahead. It's nature's little helping hand amidst the challenges of motherhood!

It's almost an inherent instinct to rummage through our bag of tricks, whipped out effortlessly despite the frazzled moments! The mama-bear intuition is a mysterious yet wonderful thing. These tried and tested tips are reassuring, especially for us first-timers!
As a first-time mum, I'm learning that every child is different and you've got to find what works best for your little one - it's all a fun, experimental journey! The shared experiences here are so encouraging - this community of mamas is truly a great source of inspiration and reassurance for us newcomers.

The hungry monster must be fed! I find it reassuring that whatever the situation or mood, there's always a suitable singalong somewhere that can perk up the mood instantly. Motherhood has certainly turned many of us into multi-talented singers, dancers, and comedians - all in a day's work! https://www.mumsnet.com/threads/the-bag-of-tricks-thread.43289252?so=recent&page=1#p128326237
Sometimes, a good snack helps to buy time... especially when our bag of tricks is nowhere in sight! It's like a universal lullaby to keep the tantrums at bay. I've found that having a few reliable go-to moves as a mama bear certainly comes in handy amid the chaos of daily life.

It's wonderful how everyone is sharing their experience in motherhood! It's like having a supportive group of friends to lean on. I love how we are all uncovering the unusual yet effective ways to navigate through parenthood; it's reassuring and eye-opening at the same time. The power of silliness is truly underestimated - an essential tool in our arsenal!

It's almost an inherent instinct to rummage through our bag of tricks, whipped out effortlessly despite the frazzled moments! The mama-bear intuition is a mysterious yet wonderful thing. These tried and tested tips are reassuring, especially for us first-timers!
There's just something about motherhood that prepares us for survival mode, including having some kind of mysterious sixth sense! The bond between moms and their little ones is fascinatingly profound.

Motherhood brings out the best of our creativity and resourcefulness - a unique skill we somehow acquire post partum! It's fascinating how we're all continually learning and improving this tricky art of distraction, isn't it?

Absolutely! I can imagine the convenience of having a go-to prop on hand, ready to whisk out when needed. It's like having a secret weapon up your sleeve, haha! The simplicity of it is really appealing too because it's easy for little ones to enjoy and doesn't require a lot of explanation or set-up fuss.
It's quite amazing how we're always thinking on our feet, improvising and innovating, isn't it? All part of the fun and challenges of motherhood!

What other simple and effective tricks do you have up your sleeve that mums might find useful?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
It really is fascinating how motherhood unlocks this hidden sense within us. We seem to develop a kind of sixth sense, especially useful in tricky situations! And it's assuring to know that this mommy intuition sharpens over time - it's evolution at its finest!
Motherhood instincts are an amazing and unexplainable phenomenon. You're right - they certainly sharpen with each new challenge faced by us parents. It's like our mind and body intuitively know what our child needs most, a truly remarkable phenomenon!

The hungry monster must be fed! I find it reassuring that whatever the situation or mood, there's always a suitable singalong somewhere that can perk up the mood instantly. Motherhood has certainly turned many of us into multi-talented singers, dancers, and comedians - all in a day's work! https://www.mumsnet.com/threads/the-bag-of-tricks-thread.43289252?so=recent&page=1#p128326237
Motherhood certainly brings out the multitasking performers in us! You never know what unexpected talent motherhood will expose and cultivate.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu