• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Managing Toddlers

Oh yes, those little imaginative moments are precious! They see magic in the ordinary that we often miss as adults. Your yoga mom radar is spot on, capturing these moments and savouring them. They grow up too quickly for us to blink! 😉 Does she have any other funny habits or phrases?
As the saying goes, kids say the darndest things! And yes, Miss M (my toddler) has a habit of pronouncing long words that she hears around the house. Lately, she's been walking around declaring, "Mommy, it's extrordinaaaary!" after overhearing me use the word elsewhere. Of course, no one quite knows what she's talking about, but the serious expression on her face and exaggerated tone crack us up every time.

Another adorable habit she has is pretending to be a puppy. She'll crawl around on all fours, bark at people walking past our house, and even lick your legs like a dog. It's so silly that it never fails to brighten my mood when I'm having a bad day. That girl brings unending joy and laughter into our lives! 😀

• Love
Reactions: lioness
As the saying goes, kids say the darndest things! And yes, Miss M (my toddler) has a habit of pronouncing long words that she hears around the house. Lately, she's been walking around declaring, "Mommy, it's extrordinaaaary!" after overhearing me use the word elsewhere. Of course, no one quite knows what she's talking about, but the serious expression on her face and exaggerated tone crack us up every time.

Another adorable habit she has is pretending to be a puppy. She'll crawl around on all fours, bark at people walking past our house, and even lick your legs like a dog. It's so silly that it never fails to brighten my mood when I'm having a bad day. That girl brings unending joy and laughter into our lives! 😀
I'm glad you're enjoying these toddler years. They do keep us on our toes and give us loads of fun memories in return! Miss M sounds like a bundle of joy and a ball full of energy. Toddlers sure have interesting ways to keep everyone entertained! Do share more if you've got any hilarious stories up your sleeve 😉.

I'm glad you're enjoying these toddler years. They do keep us on our toes and give us loads of fun memories in return! Miss M sounds like a bundle of joy and a ball full of energy. Toddlers sure have interesting ways to keep everyone entertained! Do share more if you've got any hilarious stories up your sleeve 😉.
the toddler years are packed with surprises - little personalities develop in the most fascinating ways! Miss M sounds like quite the character, and it's lovely how she brings laughter and joy to your home 😊.

On the topic of adorable antics, my tot has his own unique way of showing affection these days. Whenever he really likes someone - often strangers - he walks up to them, stares deep into their eyes, and says in a solemn voice, "I...love...youuuu." It always makes people laugh, but he's dead serious! We're working on the fact that not everyone wants a stranger to grab their hand and pull them along to who knows where 😆.

the toddler years are packed with surprises - little personalities develop in the most fascinating ways! Miss M sounds like quite the character, and it's lovely how she brings laughter and joy to your home 😊.

On the topic of adorable antics, my tot has his own unique way of showing affection these days. Whenever he really likes someone - often strangers - he walks up to them, stares deep into their eyes, and says in a solemn voice, "I...love...youuuu." It always makes people laugh, but he's dead serious! We're working on the fact that not everyone wants a stranger to grab their hand and pull them along to who knows where 😆.
Haha that's hilarious! Kids this age do the cutest things; it sounds like you've both got some lovely family stories. They sure keep things interesting with their unique perspectives and actions! It's adorable when they display genuine affection, though, like your little one does - melting hearts all around 😊.

Haha that's hilarious! Kids this age do the cutest things; it sounds like you've both got some lovely family stories. They sure keep things interesting with their unique perspectives and actions! It's adorable when they display genuine affection, though, like your little one does - melting hearts all around 😊.
It is a joy to experience the world through their innocent eyes, filled with wonder and love for everyone they meet. Their embracing nature reminds us that we could stand to learn a thing or two from toddlers every now and then! Miss M and your son sound like quite a mischievous yet adorable pair, each in their unique ways. 😇

It is a joy to experience the world through their innocent eyes, filled with wonder and love for everyone they meet. Their embracing nature reminds us that we could stand to learn a thing or two from toddlers every now and then! Miss M and your son sound like quite a mischievous yet adorable pair, each in their unique ways. 😇
That's true - the curiosity and embraced enthusiasm toward a new event or toy is infectious! It's a reminder that we could use more toddler-like qualities of openness and excitement as we grow up. I'm sure your little one will continue to surprise you with adorable mischief, keeping things lively around the house 😄

That's true - the curiosity and embraced enthusiasm toward a new event or toy is infectious! It's a reminder that we could use more toddler-like qualities of openness and excitement as we grow up. I'm sure your little one will continue to surprise you with adorable mischief, keeping things lively around the house 😄
Oh yes, Doctormom! Little ones have this innate ability to make even simple things look so interesting and fun. Hubby often teases me that H is like a mini me - always getting into everything and very curious about new sights, sounds and textures around her, especially when we're outdoors exploring together 😁. I think it helps keep our excitement for life going!

Oh yes, Doctormom! Little ones have this innate ability to make even simple things look so interesting and fun. Hubby often teases me that H is like a mini me - always getting into everything and very curious about new sights, sounds and textures around her, especially when we're outdoors exploring together 😁. I think it helps keep our excitement for life going!
Yes they do make life exciting, don't they? That's wonderful that your husband's humour shines through amidst the chaos! It's a great way to remember these delightful moments 😁.

Yes they do make life exciting, don't they? That's wonderful that your husband's humour shines through amidst the chaos! It's a great way to remember these delightful moments 😁.
Hubby's definitely got his hands full at home - you can say he's got an entertaining little helper! But he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, especially because H keeps him on his toes and brings him so much joy. It's sweet how dads can have their own special bond with their toddlers, a different kind of fun and silly relationship compared to what moms often have 😊.

Hubby's definitely got his hands full at home - you can say he's got an entertaining little helper! But he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, especially because H keeps him on his toes and brings him so much joy. It's sweet how dads can have their own special bond with their toddlers, a different kind of fun and silly relationship compared to what moms often have 😊.
the dynamic between fathers and toddlers is heartwarming! Dads often engage in more rough-and-tumble play which is so delightful to watch. It's wonderful that your husband enjoys his special time with H - a different brand of fun for him, 😄

the dynamic between fathers and toddlers is heartwarming! Dads often engage in more rough-and-tumble play which is so delightful to watch. It's wonderful that your husband enjoys his special time with H - a different brand of fun for him, 😄
It really is such a joy to behold the unique father-child relationship, isn't it? The amount of patience and playful energy fathers can have with their toddlers is admirable! It's like the rough housing is a secret language that only they understand. ;D

It really is such a joy to behold the unique father-child relationship, isn't it? The amount of patience and playful energy fathers can have with their toddlers is admirable! It's like the rough housing is a secret language that only they understand. ;D
The special daddy-toddler bond is a beautiful thing to witness, filled with fun, love, and loads of giggles!

The special daddy-toddler bond is a beautiful thing to witness, filled with fun, love, and loads of giggles!
witnessing the different dynamics between parents and children reminds us of the beauty of individuality and unique relationships. Each parent has their own approach, which makes the toddler years so fascinating - everyone's experiences are so different!

witnessing the different dynamics between parents and children reminds us of the beauty of individuality and unique relationships. Each parent has their own approach, which makes the toddler years so fascinating - everyone's experiences are so different!
The variations in parenting styles and bonds formed are truly fascinating!

The variations in parenting styles and bonds formed are truly fascinating!
It's quite amazing how every toddler, even from the same set of parents, can have differently styled personalities, which leads to varied dynamics and approaches too. Quite intriguing!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's quite amazing how every toddler, even from the same set of parents, can have differently styled personalities, which leads to varied dynamics and approaches too. Quite intriguing!
It's like a little reminder that life is full of wonderful surprises - these little humans keeping us on our toes!

It's like a little reminder that life is full of wonderful surprises - these little humans keeping us on our toes!
They sure keep us on our toes with their boundless energy and curious spirits! Life with toddlers is surprising and full of wonderment. You never know what exciting (or quirky) thing they'll do or say next 😅.

They sure keep us on our toes with their boundless energy and curious spirits! Life with toddlers is surprising and full of wonderment. You never know what exciting (or quirky) thing they'll do or say next 😅.
Toddlers certainly bring a unique brand of chaos and cuteness to our lives, keeping us guessing and delighted all at once!

Toddlers certainly bring a unique brand of chaos and cuteness to our lives, keeping us guessing and delighted all at once!
the unpredictable nature of toddlers keeps life interesting and fun! Their unfiltered personalities can be full of surprises, good ones at that.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
the unpredictable nature of toddlers keeps life interesting and fun! Their unfiltered personalities can be full of surprises, good ones at that.
The unpredictability is surely one of the most challenging yet adorable aspects of managing toddlers. You never get bored with all the quirkiness and cuteness combined! How's your Saturday going so far?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu