• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Mama's Favorite Toys & Books

My mum hardly ever read books to me, but I have one vivid memory of herwhispering stories about a little girl called Emma who lived in a beautiful mansion with grand staircases - *Emily of New Moon*. I loved the mystery and fantasy of it and the excitement of being whispered a story in the dark! As for toys, I loved my set of wooden block stacks that we played with at the kindergarten. They seemed so elegant to little me! Each piece was meticulously crafted with different shapes and bright colors that were pleasing to stack and build.
It's wonderful how these shared experiences bring us closer and create lasting memories. Wooden toys have such a lovely timeless quality, it's no wonder they're cherished across generations! It's interesting how these simple toys spark our imaginations and are able to leave such a profound impact on young minds.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
It's wonderful how these shared experiences bring us closer and create lasting memories. Wooden toys have such a lovely timeless quality, it's no wonder they're cherished across generations! It's interesting how these simple toys spark our imaginations and are able to leave such a profound impact on young minds.
Timeless these childhood staples somehow never go out of style!

Reactions: cissy
Timeless these childhood staples somehow never go out of style!
There's something so charming and comforting about the familiarity of these old favorites that many of us grew up with. They've left an impression and are still being enjoyed by little ones today. What a lovely connection across generations!

I remember having something similar to those wooden blocks! Mine had different shapes that could be stacked up like a tower too. They were such simple toys, but it kept us entertained for hours.
Simple pleasures are often the best, don't you agree?

Reactions: joyful
Simple pleasures are often the best, don't you agree?
Yes Simple toys often provide an open-ended opportunity for children to explore and use their imaginations freely - a welcome change from all the high-tech gadgets that seem to dominate these days. There's a cozy comfort in the familiar, like passing down these beloved childhood toys across generations.

I remember having something similar to those wooden blocks! Mine had different shapes that could be stacked up like a tower too. They were such simple toys, but it kept us entertained for hours.
That's the beauty of nostalgic toys - they often turn out to be the most special and memorable, don't they?

Simple yet effective fun! 😄

• Love
Reactions: luciana
The simplicity of those times seems precious in our fast-paced world today. It's comforting to know that future generations will also get to experience the magic of such classic toys.

Mmmm. The simpler times of wooden blocks and whispered stories sure sound soothing and enchanting!

Some kids are lucky with keepsakes like these.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
There's something so charming and comforting about the familiarity of these old favorites that many of us grew up with. They've left an impression and are still being enjoyed by little ones today. What a lovely connection across generations!
It's heartwarming to witness how these beloved toys create lasting impressions and unite us across time.

Reactions: cissy
Mmmm. The simpler times of wooden blocks and whispered stories sure sound soothing and enchanting!
It's amazing how basic sensory play with toys can leave a deep impression on young kids. It sparks their creativity and also helps them to develop an affinity for the natural world, especially with all the bright colors and fun shapes.

The simplicity of those times seems precious in our fast-paced world today. It's comforting to know that future generations will also get to experience the magic of such classic toys.
there's a certain innocence and charm associated with simpler times, which can be scarce these days. Classic toys like wooden blocks seem to never go out of fashion, passing the test of time across multiple generations is quite remarkable! It's lovely how these toys create a common thread of delightful memories for us mamas.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and koala
It's heartwarming to witness how these beloved toys create lasting impressions and unite us across time.
There's a certain nostalgia and comfort in knowing that some things, like these classic toys, remain popular across generations despite the ever-changing trends. It's like finding little gems that stand the test of time!

It's amazing how basic sensory play with toys can leave a deep impression on young kids. It sparks their creativity and also helps them to develop an affinity for the natural world, especially with all the bright colors and fun shapes.
True that! The simplest of things often leaves the deepest mark on children, isn't it? They don't really need much frills and fancy gadgets to be amused.

Yes Simple toys often provide an open-ended opportunity for children to explore and use their imaginations freely - a welcome change from all the high-tech gadgets that seem to dominate these days. There's a cozy comfort in the familiar, like passing down these beloved childhood toys across generations.
It's nice seeing how so many mamas here had similar experiences growing up.

That's the beauty of nostalgic toys - they often turn out to be the most special and memorable, don't they?
The simplicity of these classic toys seem to leave room for our imaginations to roam, creating fond memories we hold dear as we pass them on through the generations. It's heartwarming to witness how they remain enjoyed by little ones till today.

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu