• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy: Parenting Secrets

It is good to have the help and participation of family members, especially if they are eager and willing. Not only does it ease the burden on parents, but it also helps foster meaningful relationships between young and old. Kids may not realize it now, but they'd appreciate these memories when they're older!
You bet! The kids might not fully grasp the significance of such sweet intergenerational interactions, but as you said, the fond memories will definitely remain. It's a great bonding experience, especially for family members who live afar.

It is good to have the help and participation of family members, especially if they are eager and willing. Not only does it ease the burden on parents, but it also helps foster meaningful relationships between young and old. Kids may not realize it now, but they'd appreciate these memories when they're older!
You bet! It's an incredible bondage that links the older and younger generations together through sweet moments shared virtually. The kids are often blissfully unaware of the impact such special attention has on them, but us parents sure know better and will greatly appreciate the help and meaningful interaction! It's a lovely way to keep the spark alive across ages.

Absolutely! It's the little things that string together to create beautiful family bonds, and such video calls can be a delightful addition. Kids may not fully grasp the importance of these moments now, but these interactions could leave warm impressions on them and create wonderful childhood reminiscences.

having family around to lend a helping hand - or in this case, storytelling voices - makes parenting less solitary and much more enjoyable. The kids are lucky to have so many loving relatives willing to bond with them, creating special memories. It's a real win-win situation!

True, especially with the elderly who baby-proofed the house for us when we were young and may now be relegated to playing with the kids indoors.
It's a clever twist to the grandparent-grandchild relationship, isn't it? Having them babysit over video calls is a safe and fun new approach that suits modern lifestyles and keeps the older folks engaged.

Parenting can always be made easier with some simple hacks! I carry healthy but exciting snacks in my bag for when we're out and about - saves me from negotiating with a hungry kid who needs an energy boost.
That's a clever idea to prepare exciting treats! Keeping the kids satiated while out on adventures ensures the fun continues smoothly without the temper tantrums. Healthy snacks are the secret weapon of every parent, a simple yet effective parenting hack that more of us should adopt!

True, especially with the elderly who baby-proofed the house for us when we were young and may now be relegated to playing with the kids indoors.
It's nice to have some help from family members who used to care for us now returning the favor! Many of our aging folks these days grew up in big families and would be more than happy to babysit and entertain the younger ones, especially their grandchildren whom they dote on.

Parenting can always be made easier with some simple hacks! I carry healthy but exciting snacks in my bag for when we're out and about - saves me from negotiating with a hungry kid who needs an energy boost.
That's a great tip I usually keep apples or banana chips in my bag as a go-to snack option, and they are always a hit with my girls whenever hunger strikes.

That's a great and healthy trick to keep tantrums at bay and also to ensure that you're not temped to grab unhealthy options while out!

What are some of your other go-to parenting hacks?

You're right! Preparedness is half the battle won, isn't it? Snacks that keep the tantrums at bay and are healthy too - a definite win-win! What are some of your go-to exciting snacks? Mine would be those squeeze packs of organic baby carrots; my kids love them!

Parenting can definitely be overwhelming, especially when managing the kids' energy levels and enthusiasm! A few simple strategies that help me survive and thrive are:

- Creating a visual schedule for my kids - I got some cheap whiteboards and velcro dots, which stick to the walls. The boards have different activities/chores illustrated and listed out for the week e.g. "outdoor play", "reading", "chores", etc. My kids love the interactivity and autonomy in choosing their activities, which makes transitions between activities much smoother!

- designating an arts and crafts corner with an easy-clean setup. My six-year-old especially loves art, but the mess can be daunting. A dedicated space with wipe-able surfaces, old sheets on the floor and a box of basic supplies within kid reach encourages their creativity without my supervision needed.

- 'Shhh time' baskets - these are little baskets placed in various rooms where the kids pick up a toy or book and quiet down for some me-time. Each basket has a noise meter on the outside, which the kids have to observe and ensure their voices stay under. A nifty way I bought some peace and quiet!

These simple hacks help me manage my little energies and give structure to our chaotic but fun family life.
That visual schedule sounds awesome! Using whiteboards for a visual timetable is a great tangible way to assist kids' understanding of their daily routines, promoting independence too.

Parenting can definitely be overwhelming, especially when managing the kids' energy levels and enthusiasm! A few simple strategies that help me survive and thrive are:

- Creating a visual schedule for my kids - I got some cheap whiteboards and velcro dots, which stick to the walls. The boards have different activities/chores illustrated and listed out for the week e.g. "outdoor play", "reading", "chores", etc. My kids love the interactivity and autonomy in choosing their activities, which makes transitions between activities much smoother!

- designating an arts and crafts corner with an easy-clean setup. My six-year-old especially loves art, but the mess can be daunting. A dedicated space with wipe-able surfaces, old sheets on the floor and a box of basic supplies within kid reach encourages their creativity without my supervision needed.

- 'Shhh time' baskets - these are little baskets placed in various rooms where the kids pick up a toy or book and quiet down for some me-time. Each basket has a noise meter on the outside, which the kids have to observe and ensure their voices stay under. A nifty way I bought some peace and quiet!

These simple hacks help me manage my little energies and give structure to our chaotic but fun family life.
That visual schedule seems like such a cool idea! No more whiny arguments over what comes next. Kids love visuals too!

I love the Shhh Time Basket idea! Super creative and definitely helps in managing the little ones' energy levels. Any parent would appreciate these innovative strategies you've shared!

Being a parent myself, I've learned that having a support network of trustworthy babysitters is an absolute lifesaver! Whether it's for date nights or just some quiet alone time, having responsible babysitters you can call on makes a huge difference. I also rely on my Mom-group chats for quick advice and recommendations - they are a godsend when you're faced with mysterious rashes or sudden fevers!
Absolutely! I find that many parenthood dilemmas can be solved with fast solutions from fellow parents! And modern technology has made it so easy to connect; there are even parenthood apps now for quick tips and support!

I'm glad you shared those ideas! I especially like the noise meter basket, a creative way to teach them about volumes and also an efficient strategy for some downtime.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

Having engaging stations for different activities is certainly a creative way to keep the kids occupied and learn independence! It's also great that you incorporate visuals and games to make it fun for them.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm and nature
There's always that one relative who loves spending time with the kids, isn't there? You could also take this opportunity to teach your children about technology safety - overseeing whom they connect with online. An excellent way to **** two birds with one stone, so to speak! As for making parenting easier, well, my 9-year-old is adept at setting up these video calls herself these days, a real little tech whiz, while the younger one needs more supervision but enjoys the process of choosing which stories to hear. Keeps them entertained and educationally engaged, win-win situation! 😊
Having tech-savvy kids can be helpful, especially when they're old enough to assist with technical tasks! It's adorable how young ones enjoy taking charge, feeling like little adults. But it's also a reminder of how quickly they grow up - enjoy them while they're still young because time flies! ;)

There's always that one relative who loves spending time with the kids, isn't there? You could also take this opportunity to teach your children about technology safety - overseeing whom they connect with online. An excellent way to **** two birds with one stone, so to speak! As for making parenting easier, well, my 9-year-old is adept at setting up these video calls herself these days, a real little tech whiz, while the younger one needs more supervision but enjoys the process of choosing which stories to hear. Keeps them entertained and educationally engaged, win-win situation! 😊
It's heartwarming to see how technology helps strengthen family bonds across generations and ages! today's kids are so tech-savvy that they can help us navigate these tools, amazing how fast they learn!

That's true - parenting strategies often help us navigate challenges and discover fun ways to connect with our little ones too! I'm curious to know what other simple life hacks fellow parents have up their sleeves... any other creative ideas out there?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu