• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy: Parenting Secrets

That's a great idea! It's a nice way to involve extended family members who live far away and give the children additional attention they might crave sometimes. And a short, fun activity like that is a sweet way to bridge the distance between generations!

Having some downtime for oneself as a parent is crucial, and this is an innovative way to create some space for relaxation!
You've got it! It's a great feeling to find little ways to solve the everyday parenting challenges. Anything to keep the kids occupied and give us breathers as parents, right?

With young children, especially energetic ones, another sneaky way to **** two birds with one stone could be having them help you with menial tasks! Giving them simple chores like sorting laundry or setting the dining table makes them feel involved and gives us some extra time to prepare the next activity - or even just breathe. They feel helpful and we get some time to focus on other things, which is always a plus!

That's a great idea! It's a nice way to involve extended family members who live far away and give the children additional attention they might crave sometimes. And a short, fun activity like that is a sweet way to bridge the distance between generations!

Having some downtime for oneself as a parent is crucial, and this is an innovative way to create some space for relaxation!
It's true; parenting can be exhausting, so it's good to grab opportunities for some rest where we can! Having some fun, engaging activities up our sleeves certainly helps to makeparenting seem a little less daunting.

You're right; parenting often requires creativity in finding ways to keep our little ones engaged while balancing our own downtimes. It's encouraging to see many parents embracing technology as a helpful tool for such occasions. We used to let our daughter have fun FaceTiming her granny and uncle overseas, especially when we needed some preparation time for dinner or a much-needed break. That special bonding time with loved ones through the screen certainly helps in keeping them engaged while being exposed to different roles models too!

Distance is no longer a barrier with the advances in technology, especially for engaging the older folks who may live farther away now that our world has gone digital. It's heartening to see how these virtual sessions can facilitate meaningful interaction and create fond intergenerational bonds.

What other novel ways do you all have up your sleeves to keep the little ones entertained while giving us parents a much-needed break?

Absolutely! Parents should seize the opportunity to engage the grandchildren and bring some variety to bedtime routines. It's a thoughtful way to include those who may not live nearby and create memorable moments for the kids. There are many benefits and zero downsides to the grandparent-grandchild video calls, especially if parents want some personal time or me-moments!

That's a clever way to engage the kids and give yourself some well-deserved 'me time', especially with relatives who live far away. The video calls would create precious memories for the little ones and give you some much needed downtime.
I agree! It's amazing how some creative thinking and technology can help us parents juggle parenting duties a little more joyfully!

That's a clever way to engage the kids and give yourself some well-deserved 'me time', especially with relatives who live far away. The video calls would create precious memories for the little ones and give you some much needed downtime.
The joys of parenting can often overwhelm us, so it's always nice to discover innovative ways to keep the little ones entertained, especially with the help of tech these days! It's a great era to be a parent, isn't it?

Are there any other ingenious strategies you guys use to keep the kids happy and give yourselves some breathing space?

Having some peace and quiet while knowing your kids are happily engaged is a great feeling! It's nice to hear everyone wins in this scenario.

Relatives sharing stories via video call is a fun, novel experience for the kids and a great way to expose them to technology safely and meaningfully. Plus, the excitement might just keep them engaged and entertained long enough for momma to steal some precious moments of relaxation!

It is a lovely idea to foster connections and create special memories! Especially in this fast-paced world, it's so easy for extended families to be stranded across different parts of the world, so making use of technology like this is an excellent way to keep the family bonds strong.

With everyone's busy schedules, it's also a great strategy to maximize time and make it work for everyone's benefit!

Yes keeping those long distance relatives close virtually is a great trick! The kids get their dose of excitement, and parents can relax knowing the kids are happily engaged. This little break lets parents come back refreshed to tackle the next parenting challenges head on.

Relatives getting involved through video calls can make the children feel extra loved and attentioned, especially if they've been craving it! It's a simple yet impactful way of keeping everyone engaged and connected despite the distance. And I love how it allows me time to catch my breath too!

It's a brilliant win-win situation! I'd go further and suggest making it a themed affair, with the readers picking a weekly theme suited to the kid's interests - pirates, princesses, superheroes etc. Lots of excitement and anticipation for the storytelling session plus an easy prep for the relatives too.

That's a great tip, especially for single parents or those who are primarily responsible for bedding down the kids every night. Handing over the bedtime stories to the grandparents or aunties via video call gives me time to tidy up, prep meals, or even just breathe!
That's the spirit! Maximizing that precious alone time as a parent is key to maintaining sanity, and it's heartening to see so many ways to accomplish that without feeling guilty.

That's a great tip, especially for single parents or those who are primarily responsible for bedding down the kids every night. Handing over the bedtime stories to the grandparents or aunties via video call gives me time to tidy up, prep meals, or even just breathe!
I totally agree! It's like having an extra pair of hands around the house, virtually! A great opportunity for single parents to have some assistance, and for the kids to develop intergenerational relationships. Those bedtime stories can be quite a workout when you're running on empty as a parent, so this is a handy trick to keep things enjoyable for everyone.

For sure! It's a great hack to give yourself some space to attend to other matters while the kids enjoy some dedicated attention from their relatives. And you're right; it's especially beneficial for single parents who often have to juggle multiple roles. That little window of time can make a real difference in managing the daily upkeep and maintaining your sanity!

I'm not a single parent, but I can definitely agree that having some time to prep dinner or just chill is much needed and earned by parents worldwide! Having some help around is always welcome.

It certainly helps to have some help, especially in situations where you're managing bedtime routine on your own! It's a simple but effective method to free up some hands and time for other necessary tasks, or even just relaxing!

Having some help is always welcome for harried mums and dads. It's a great feeling when you realise you've stumbled upon an idea that works!

That's a smart way to engage the younger and older generations in the family! It gives a good excuse for the little ones to have some extra pampering and attention from relatives, while giving moms like me some well-deserved 'me time'. I'm sure many tired mummies out there will benefit from this clever idea!
You bet! Parenting can be exhausting and any opportunity to create some balance and peace is a welcome one! With the bedtime routine handed over for a bit, us mums can tackle the next challenge with a fresh mind. The little ones are sure kept entertained and it warms my heart to see them enjoying themselves so much while creating lovely memories with their extended family.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu