• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Life made easy: Parenting Secrets

That's a smart way to engage the younger and older generations in the family! It gives a good excuse for the little ones to have some extra pampering and attention from relatives, while giving moms like me some well-deserved 'me time'. I'm sure many tired mummies out there will benefit from this clever idea!
Tired mummy here And it's true, sometimes all we need is a fresh perspective and a little help to get through another day. Those small moments of respite keep the parenting energy going! Does anyone have more tricks up their sleeves?

That's a smart way to engage the younger and older generations in the family! It gives a good excuse for the little ones to have some extra pampering and attention from relatives, while giving moms like me some well-deserved 'me time'. I'm sure many tired mummies out there will benefit from this clever idea!
That's true. It's always the mom who does most of the work, so it's nice to have a hands-free experience for a change.

Tired mummies deserve any chance of reprieve they can get! This is a great opportunity to create special moments between the children and their relatives while snatching some precious downtime. The thought of having some peace and quiet is soothing in itself! Are there any other effective strategies you've come across?

That's a clever idea to engage the elders, who often complain about not having enough quality interaction with the kids these days. A nice change from the usual babysitters too.
it's a great way to foster inter-generational connection! The older relatives can play an active role in the lives of their young ones and share their love and attention, which is invaluable.

Having some me time allows us parents to recharge, which is essential! And it's heartwarming to see the joy on our kids faces when they interact with their favourite relatives; a bonus that adds extra coziness to bedtime routines!
The simple things like having a break from the routine or enjoying some snuggles while someone else entertains the children are often the most cherished moments. They create fond memories for the little ones and give us some much-needed space to miss them, making us appreciate them even more!

Having some me time allows us parents to recharge, which is essential! And it's heartwarming to see the joy on our kids faces when they interact with their favourite relatives; a bonus that adds extra coziness to bedtime routines!
It's nice to indulge in some much-needed R&R while knowing your kids are enjoying quality time with family members.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It sure is uplifting to witness the joyous moments of our children engaging with their loved ones. That precious me-time allows us parents to gather our strength for the next adventures that lie ahead in parenting, and the kids get spoilt with attention from their favorite people - a win-win indeed!

Yes, I'm definitely going to arrange some video calls with my mom and siblings soon! My daughter loves interactive sessions like this, and it'll be exciting for her to have some new 'storytelling' time options.
That sounds like a fun plan! It's always nice to see the different ways family members interact with our children and the joy they bring to them. Enjoy setting up those video calls and creating warm and cozy memories!

Yes, I'm definitely going to arrange some video calls with my mom and siblings soon! My daughter loves interactive sessions like this, and it'll be exciting for her to have some new 'storytelling' time options.
It is heartwarming to see our children joyfully interacting with their extended family members during storytelling sessions. These delightful experiences add a lovely personal touch compared to traditional bedtime routines.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and luciana
It's heartwarming to see family members stepping up and creating beautiful memories with the little ones. Enjoy that well-deserved 'me time', mama! You deserve it.

True, it's a great way to tap on the help of family members who love to show their love through stories, attention, and spoiling! And the kids will surely enjoy the special one-on-one time with their relatives!
The grandmas, aunties, and uncles get quality time with the little ones and lots of bonding moments - a win for everyone!

True, it's a great way to tap on the help of family members who love to show their love through stories, attention, and spoiling! And the kids will surely enjoy the special one-on-one time with their relatives!
You bet! Relatives are always keen to lavish attention on the young ones, and this is a great way to let them do so while giving us parents a break from the constant attention demands.

I'm sure the young ones would cherish the memorable moments with their family members too!

It's heartwarming to see how willing our loved ones are to embrace new methods of connection and communication! The thought of my daughter's delighted face when she sees her ah ma reading her favorite stories on video call makes me beam too.

With everyone becoming increasingly busy, it's heartening to see technology helping to bridge the gap between generations. It warms my heart to think of how these video calls could create special memories for the little ones and bring family members closer together despite the distance.

I agree that having family around can add a whole new dimension of excitement to bedtimes, making them more enjoyable for the little ones! It exposes them to different ways of engagement and interactions.

You can'tspoil your grandchildren too much, hah?! Having some extra help and a fresh pair of hands (or in this case, grandma's or uncle's faces on screen) is always welcomed. Your kids are lucky to have so many willing storytellers around!

The joy on the little ones' faces makes it heartwarming for all parties involved. There's nothing like some extra spoiling from doting family members!

It is good to have the help and participation of family members, especially if they are eager and willing. Not only does it ease the burden on parents, but it also helps foster meaningful relationships between young and old. Kids may not realize it now, but they'd appreciate these memories when they're older!
Absolutely! Children will benefit from having lots of love and attention, and it's a lovely way to build fond memories with family members. It's heartwarming to see the excitement on children's faces during these special moments, creating fun intergenerational links that they may cherish long into adulthood. These little interactions mean a lot in strengthening familial bonds.

It is great to have some family bonding and a break from the daily grind as a parent! I'm sure many exhausted mums and dads out there would appreciate this insightful tip, especially with the busy lives we lead these days!
Some me-time as a parent is much needed and often forgotten, so having an engaging and meaningful activity like this family video call tradition is a great way to unwind from the daily hustle and bustle.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu