• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

'I think kids who are spanked will be better-behaved': Strict aunt Ya Hui shares views on corporal punishment

The joy of discovery - figuring out what makes each stage easier - is half the battle won. And you're right; the little rewards and sticker charts are such a cute way to encourage the tiny tots without having to dole out actual prizes all the time. My experience has been that children at that age love the immediate gratification of stickers stuck everywhere, haha! But yes, as you said, what's worked this week may not work next week - or even tomorrow! I've found that having a repertoire of tricks up my sleeve is helpful because I can then alternate and adapt them according to situations.
With such diverse and great tips shared, I think we should really compile an ultimate guide for future reference, adding more wisdom as we go along our parenting journey! It'd be a fantastic resource for all the unsure parents.

I'm sure there'll be many wonderful insights from other parents contributing their successful tactics. It's an exciting prospect! I've learned so much already and feel empowered with this new knowledge. There's so much we can do beyond spanking to encourage good behavior.
It's encouraging to discover the variety of inventive approaches that other parents have found success with. They give us confidence that there are many paths to effective parenting! Each sharing adds a new tool to our belt, as we navigate this complex journey.

You're right; some situations are too good to be true! It'd be great to note those down and keep our expectations real.
Genuine praise and positive reinforcement have been my go-tos, coupled with clear and simple explanations for why certain behaviors are acceptable or not. For particularly difficult situations, I'll try the redirection method too - it's amazing how a simple change of scenery or topic can shift their focus. My son is quite responsive to these techniques, and it's such a relief because nothing beats a peaceful resolution!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
It's encouraging to discover the variety of inventive approaches that other parents have found success with. They give us confidence that there are many paths to effective parenting! Each sharing adds a new tool to our belt, as we navigate this complex journey.
The different methods people are sharing are really interesting and I'm enjoying learning about them too. And it's so true - there's no one way that works for everyone because every child is unique! I like the idea of having a go-to list of options that we can draw upon when faced with different situations because, as parents, we do want to keep improving our toolkit. But it can be overwhelming too, like others have mentioned!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and mamamia
The different methods people are sharing are really interesting and I'm enjoying learning about them too. And it's so true - there's no one way that works for everyone because every child is unique! I like the idea of having a go-to list of options that we can draw upon when faced with different situations because, as parents, we do want to keep improving our toolkit. But it can be overwhelming too, like others have mentioned!
It's heartening to know that many of us are in the same boat, doing our best and learning from one another. The array of tactics shared provides a helpful reminder that every situation is nuanced and calls for a different approach.

It's great that you're gathering all these useful tips shared by fellow parents. We certainly don't want to miss out on any creative discipline strategies being mentioned here!

It's great that you're gathering all these useful tips shared by fellow parents. We certainly don't want to miss out on any creative discipline strategies being mentioned here!
It's encouraging to have so many novel ideas at our fingertips. Parenting can be quite a challenging and daunting task, so it's always helpful to have a multitude of strategies up our sleeves.

There are some innovative approaches floating around the thread, ones I've not considered before! As a parent, it's refreshing to see the creativity others have implemented in their discipline arsenal. I'm certainly jotting them down for future reference - you never know which could be the magic trick to defuse a situation!

Reactions: eternity and nature
It's encouraging to have so many novel ideas at our fingertips. Parenting can be quite a challenging and daunting task, so it's always helpful to have a multitude of strategies up our sleeves.
having a variety of techniques makes our parenting journey less daunting and more enjoyable. We can mix and match different tactics to navigate the unique situations that arise every day. It's assuring to know there are many like-minded parents we can learn from!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu