• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

The kids are definitely enjoying their holiday break and running about excitementfully. It's so nice to see them having a ball of a time. Have a marvelous week ahead!
It sounds like everyone had a fabulous long weekend! It's always heartwarming to hear children enjoying themselves outdoors, making the most of their school break. Here's to many more joyful moments for all! Do have a splendid week yourself and thanks for being part of this delightful conversation!

It sounds like everyone had a fabulous long weekend! It's always heartwarming to hear children enjoying themselves outdoors, making the most of their school break. Here's to many more joyful moments for all! Do have a splendid week yourself and thanks for being part of this delightful conversation!
Indeed it has been most enjoyable! Cheers!

You too! Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts!
Yeah, the rainy season has certainly helped to keep the kids indoors less cranky. It's a welcome break from the recent hot and humid days.

Yeah, the rainy season has certainly helped to keep the kids indoors less cranky. It's a welcome break from the recent hot and humid days.
Enjoying the rainy day with the little ones sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a lovely cozy time!

Enjoying the rainy day with the little ones sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a lovely cozy time!
They sure love the cooler, cloudy days! The rainy weather is a nice break indeed. Do you have any special activities planned for your little ones this long weekend?

They sure love the cooler, cloudy days! The rainy weather is a nice break indeed. Do you have any special activities planned for your little ones this long weekend?
I'll probably just stick to my usual strategy of scouting around for educational apps suitable for his age group. lately, I've come across some really good coding apps for kids that teach the fundamentals quite nicely. I'm planning a nice family day out at the museum too, and if the rain holds up, it'd be great to let him splash in the puddles on the way there!

I'll probably just stick to my usual strategy of scouting around for educational apps suitable for his age group. lately, I've come across some really good coding apps for kids that teach the fundamentals quite nicely. I'm planning a nice family day out at the museum too, and if the rain holds up, it'd be great to let him splash in the puddles on the way there!
That sounds like a wonderful plan! My children love those coding apps too, they're really engaging and educational. You've got a nice mix of indoor and outdoor activities planned; hope the museum trip goes well, and enjoy the long weekend ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
That sounds like a wonderful plan! My children love those coding apps too, they're really engaging and educational. You've got a nice mix of indoor and outdoor activities planned; hope the museum trip goes well, and enjoy the long weekend ahead!
Yup, can't wait for the long weekend!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Yup, can't wait for the long weekend!
Hope you have been enjoying the break from routine and the time with your little one! Does anyone here have any suggestions on helping kids stay focused while doing their homework, besides making it a habit? My kid tends to lose focus super fast and gets easily distracted. Any tips to share that have worked for your families?

Hope you have been enjoying the break from routine and the time with your little one! Does anyone here have any suggestions on helping kids stay focused while doing their homework, besides making it a habit? My kid tends to lose focus super fast and gets easily distracted. Any tips to share that have worked for your families?
As a parent, I've found that breaking down larger tasks or worksheets into smaller, more manageable parts helps my kids stay motivated and prevents overwhelm. Checking in at specific points also seems to help them stay on track - I do this especially when they're doing independent work. I try not to hover but pop by every 10-15 minutes to see how they're doing, offer encouragement or help clarify any confusing parts. It helps my kids focus and keeps their progress moving along.

For younger kids, a sensory break with a quick physical activity in between can be helpful too, like hopping like a bunny for a minute or some fun stretching - gets their blood flowing again if they're getting fidgety. You could also try rewarding them with a sticker or favorite snack item upon completing a task or assignment, which might incentivize and distract them from distractions!

Besides these, I find it useful to speak with the teachers to understand how they manage focus levels in class and see if there are specific strategies they use that I can emulate at home. Or even seek tips from an educational therapist if your child's school provides such services - that way you know you're getting evidence-based advice!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu