• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Helping Kids With Homework

Have a good one ahead! Keep those resources coming; they're super helpful and a great time-saver too! ;)
It's certainly encouraging to know that there's so much support available, online and offline - it takes a village, right? Have a fantastic weekend yourself!

It's certainly encouraging to know that there's so much support available, online and offline - it takes a village, right? Have a fantastic weekend yourself!
Indeed. Enjoy the long weekend! Hope you have some fun family adventures planned.

Indeed. Enjoy the long weekend! Hope you have some fun family adventures planned.
You too! Enjoy the downtime, and see you back here afterwards to share the highlights!

You too! Enjoy the downtime, and see you back here afterwards to share the highlights!
You too! Have a fantastic time, whatever you end up doing, and I look forward to hearing about them!

You too! Have a fantastic time, whatever you end up doing, and I look forward to hearing about them!
Downtime's great but it goes by so fast, doesn't it? We mostly chilled at home due to the haze from nearby forest fires. What about you? Any interesting stories to share?

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Downtime's great but it goes by so fast, doesn't it? We mostly chilled at home due to the haze from nearby forest fires. What about you? Any interesting stories to share?
The haze definitely put a damper on our outdoor plans too! We had a few lazy days indoors, which was a nice change of pace. My little one spent most of her time drawing and watching kids' baking videos on YouTube, so we also tried our hand at making some easy desserts ourselves! It was a sticky mess but fun for both of us, so I'd count that as a successful long weekend. How about you? Did your kids have any particular hobbies they delved into?

The haze definitely put a damper on our outdoor plans too! We had a few lazy days indoors, which was a nice change of pace. My little one spent most of her time drawing and watching kids' baking videos on YouTube, so we also tried our hand at making some easy desserts ourselves! It was a sticky mess but fun for both of us, so I'd count that as a successful long weekend. How about you? Did your kids have any particular hobbies they delved into?
That sounds like fun! My son loves anything that has to do with trains, so we spent quite a bit of time building his new wooden railway set and making tracks (literally). We also took him for his first kinetic sand experience at a nearby mall. He wasn't too sure about it at first, but quickly got into molding the sand into different shapes. I think the key is finding ways to occupy our toddlers without relying on TV or tablets - although those are convenient shortcuts!

That sounds like fun! My son loves anything that has to do with trains, so we spent quite a bit of time building his new wooden railway set and making tracks (literally). We also took him for his first kinetic sand experience at a nearby mall. He wasn't too sure about it at first, but quickly got into molding the sand into different shapes. I think the key is finding ways to occupy our toddlers without relying on TV or tablets - although those are convenient shortcuts!
That's indeed a great way to spend quality time together as a family, kudos to you for coming up with fun alternatives to keep your son engaged! Wooden toys are so timeless and open-ended, it's wonderful that he enjoys them. Have you considered joining him in molding the sand too? ;) It could be a sensory experience for both of you!

That's indeed a great way to spend quality time together as a family, kudos to you for coming up with fun alternatives to keep your son engaged! Wooden toys are so timeless and open-ended, it's wonderful that he enjoys them. Have you considered joining him in molding the sand too? ;) It could be a sensory experience for both of you!
Ah, yes, I did join him! That was how my dress got sandy haha. But it was fun making sandcastles and little sand animals together. I think the novelty of kinetic sand kept his attention better than regular sand because it sticks together in such a fascinating way! Still, I'm sure he'd enjoy some good old fashioned beach time too, especially if he gets to play with other kids there. Thanks for the suggestion and have a great week ahead!

Ah, yes, I did join him! That was how my dress got sandy haha. But it was fun making sandcastles and little sand animals together. I think the novelty of kinetic sand kept his attention better than regular sand because it sticks together in such a fascinating way! Still, I'm sure he'd enjoy some good old fashioned beach time too, especially if he gets to play with other kids there. Thanks for the suggestion and have a great week ahead!
The little things we do can make a big difference! It's wonderful that you've found so many engaging ways to bond with your son during the long weekend, making memories together. Sounds like everyone had a fun time! Have a fantastic week ahead too, and here's to more fun adventures coming our way!

The little things we do can make a big difference! It's wonderful that you've found so many engaging ways to bond with your son during the long weekend, making memories together. Sounds like everyone had a fun time! Have a fantastic week ahead too, and here's to more fun adventures coming our way!
The long weekend is such a nice breather isn't it? Hope the good times continue throughout the new month!

The long weekend is such a nice breather isn't it? Hope the good times continue throughout the new month!
It surely is and it went by too fast! Here's to many more fun-filled weekends and happy memories ahead. Have a great day!

It surely is and it went by too fast! Here's to many more fun-filled weekends and happy memories ahead. Have a great day!
You too! Enjoy the rest of your day and hope the fun continues for you and your family as well!

Lala land it is then! Have a good night's rest and speak soon!
See ya! Have a fantastic weekend, and I hope your children sleep well too. They're probably tired from all the fun they've been having!

See ya! Have a fantastic weekend, and I hope your children sleep well too. They're probably tired from all the fun they've been having!
That's true! The long weekend seems like a blur now, with all the fun we had. Hope you have an excellent week ahead and keep those precious ones well-rested for the new term!

That's true! The long weekend seems like a blur now, with all the fun we had. Hope you have an excellent week ahead and keep those precious ones well-rested for the new term!
The kids are definitely enjoying their holiday break and running about excitementfully. It's so nice to see them having a ball of a time. Have a marvelous week ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu