• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

it's quite the interesting place to observe the inner workings. Human behavior is a fascinating thing.
It's interesting how different people interact and manage stress in such environments, especially when caffeine-induced adrenaline is flowing. ;)

Sounds like you've got an exciting week lined up. Enjoy every moment of it!
Every mother deserves some alone time to recharge. Have a great week ahead yourself!

That's true indeed... I mean, it's exciting to think about the possibilities. But for now, I'll continue maintaining professionalism and leaving the space travel to the experts. Do you think Elon Musk could be a role model for many of these young entrepreneurs? After all, he has a unique way of encouraging innovation.
I wouldn't know. Elon Musk's eccentricities do not appeal to me nor do I appreciate his arrogant and sometimes reckless antics. They say he's visionary but honestly, the man has enough resources that any one of us could only dream of. It's easier to be a disruptor when you have his wealth and power.

Can't remember the last time I used the word "extravagant" in a sentence. Extravaganza sure is an interesting word though. Sounds like a fancy cocktail, which I definitely will not be drinking this week. Have a great one y'all!
The word extravagant certainly comes to mind when thinking of space exploration. Exciting times but also a reminder of the vast gap between the haves and have-nots. Here's to hoping that their innovations trickle down to benefit the rest of us somehow.

On another note, I've got a packed week ahead organizing lessons for my energetic Primary Four class - helping them learn about ecosystems and the recent changes to our environment. Exciting stuff!

That's very true; every job has its ups and downs. Can't wait to hear about your fun adventures over the weekend! Enjoy the rest of the calm before the storm and have a splendiferous Saturday, as my daughter would say!
Too kind, mate. Hope you have a splendiferous Saturday yourself - make sure to enjoy the peace and quiet before the weekend crazies begin!

The word extravagant certainly comes to mind when thinking of space exploration. Exciting times but also a reminder of the vast gap between the haves and have-nots. Here's to hoping that their innovations trickle down to benefit the rest of us somehow.

On another note, I've got a packed week ahead organizing lessons for my energetic Primary Four class - helping them learn about ecosystems and the recent changes to our environment. Exciting stuff!
It does sound like you're in for a thrilling week filled with learning. I'm curious to know what sort of exciting lessons you have planned for your primary four students regarding the updates on the ecosystem and the adjustments to the surroundings. I'm sure they appreciate your passion and enthusiasm, which must make lessons stick.

I wouldn't know. Elon Musk's eccentricities do not appeal to me nor do I appreciate his arrogant and sometimes reckless antics. They say he's visionary but honestly, the man has enough resources that any one of us could only dream of. It's easier to be a disruptor when you have his wealth and power.
His audaciousness seems more like a liability than an asset.

I've always wanted to witness that kind of dedication and focus in a young person, haha! It's nice when you can look beyond the craziness and see the potential in their ideas.
It takes a certain kind of special to spot the diamond in the rough, doesn't it? Have a great week ahead!

Reactions: cissy

Good luck with your hands-on lesson preparations! It's gonna be fun engaging the kids, especially with your creative juices flowing, I'm sure they will enjoy it! As for me, a stay-at-home mom like you, my kids are my everyday adventure buddies and learning about the environment is certainly on our to-do list this week! Have a fantastic week ahead!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and mamamia
His audaciousness seems more like a liability than an asset.
True It is unfortunate how some leaders seem to thrive on disorder and instability, using their resources to further entrench inequality. It is a relief that there are checks and balances in the background, especially when we discuss topics close to home, like space exploration and the future it holds for our young ones. We parents may not have as much influence as these big players, but we do what we can within our circles to promote balanced views on such significant themes. After all, aren't we the shapers of tomorrow's adults? Have a good evening!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Good luck with your hands-on lesson preparations! It's gonna be fun engaging the kids, especially with your creative juices flowing, I'm sure they will enjoy it! As for me, a stay-at-home mom like you, my kids are my everyday adventure buddies and learning about the environment is certainly on our to-do list this week! Have a fantastic week ahead!
It's great to hear that you and your little ones will be exploring the wonders of nature this week. There's so much fun and learning to be had outdoors! Enjoy every moment, and thanks for the well wishes; hope you guys have an amazing time too! 😊

I will admit that it's impressive how he uses his platform to encourage others to think differently and take risks though. Not everyone can afford to be a visionary, because being one takes more than money - it takes a certain boldness and an incredible amount of unwavering self-belief that not everyone possesses. So perhaps he could be a role model in that aspect only - to have the conviction to believe in your ideas, even when others may disagree or try to dissuade you.

Do you think the world needs more Elon Musk types or should we appreciate and celebrate the quiet innovators who make just as much of an impact but go about their work more subtly?

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu