• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

He's really into gaming and animation, but I'm thinking of getting him an experience rather than a material gift. Maybe a VR gaming session or something alike, if only because I'm running out of ideas to keep up with his ever-changing preferences! It's tricky keeping up with a teenager, but I want this birthday to be memorable for him.
That sounds like an awesome idea! Experiential gifts are great and will surely create lovely memories for him.

Reactions: nature
Hmpf. That's a good one. You're right; it does sound like quite the interesting job. Too bad it's not all glamour and fun. There's also lots of numbers, paperwork and stress that come with it. But hey, what job doesn't come with its own set of problems, right? As for your week, it certainly sounds like a good mix of work and play. Enjoy the parade and have fun spoiling your friends' kids!
That's very true; every job has its ups and downs. Can't wait to hear about your fun adventures over the weekend! Enjoy the rest of the calm before the storm and have a splendiferous Saturday, as my daughter would say!

• Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
Sounds like an exciting work environment you have there, cissy!
it can be quite thrilling, witnessing the lives of the rich and affluent. Their lives are interesting, but I'm happier sticking to my simpler one.

Professionalism is key in such situations. And yes, one never knows - Singapore might just produce the next rocket launchpad entrepreneur!
I've always wanted to witness that kind of dedication and focus in a young person, haha! It's nice when you can look beyond the craziness and see the potential in their ideas.

As they say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. Could be intriguing to manage the finances of the next rocket scientist!
it's fascinating to think about the possibilities. Do you often get to interact with or hear tales of these young heirs and their eccentricities? It sounds like quite an amusing experience, especially if work can get a little monotonous at times.

Hmpf. That's a good one. You're right; it does sound like quite the interesting job. Too bad it's not all glamour and fun. There's also lots of numbers, paperwork and stress that come with it. But hey, what job doesn't come with its own set of problems, right? As for your week, it certainly sounds like a good mix of work and play. Enjoy the parade and have fun spoiling your friends' kids!
That's very true; every job has its own challenges. And that makes us appreciate the quieter moments even more! Have a fantastic week ahead 😊!

Reactions: travelmum
You too! Make the most of every quiet moment.
There's always so much to look forward to on weekends and long holidays despite the monotony of daily routines! Are you planning anything special or exciting for the National Day weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
Thank you! Similarly, enjoy the excitement of National Day celebrations ahead and have fun with your family and friends!

This lesson planning session is much needed, considering it's been a while since the last school holiday. I'm excited to brainstorm some new activity ideas for the kids, especially incorporating more outdoor and sustainable practices, which is always fun! Besides that, my week will mostly be spent catching up on Marking and preparing reports. Not the most thrilling task, but has to be done!

Do you have any fun activities in mind for the long weekend?
There's nothing like a good movie night to break the mid-week monotony! Enjoy your lesson planning and marking; it's a necessary evil. As for the upcoming long weekend, I'm considering a day trip out of town. A change of scenery will be nice.

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
I find that gaming conventions or comic cons would be an excellent fit for his interests. A birthday treat to remember, especially if he's into anime and such. But these events can be quite the production and costly, so a private VR session could be a good alternative.
Do you think he'd appreciate that more?

True; it's fascinating (and humbling) to think about the variety of clients you must encounter!
It opens my eyes to see how differently people can choose to live their lives. It's quite an education, learning about their goals and priorities, especially as they relate to money.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu