• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

That's true; we never know who we're dealing with behind the scenes. Keep up the interesting work!
As they say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. Could be intriguing to manage the finances of the next rocket scientist!

Hmpf. That's a good one. You're right; it does sound like quite the interesting job. Too bad it's not all glamour and fun. There's also lots of numbers, paperwork and stress that come with it. But hey, what job doesn't come with its own set of problems, right? As for your week, it certainly sounds like a good mix of work and play. Enjoy the parade and have fun spoiling your friends' kids!

Some people... Always entertaining to observe human behavior, especially when it doesn't involve us directly!
I find that gaming conventions or comic cons would be an excellent fit for his interests. A birthday treat to remember, especially if he's into anime and such. But these events can be quite the production and costly, so a private VR session could be a good alternative.

Reactions: joyful
Yes, you too! Peace and quiet is such a rarity these days that we have to cherish every moment we can get our hands on. Have a wonderful week ahead!
You too, take care and enjoy the moments!

Reactions: wellness
That movie night sounds like a lovely mid-week treat Enjoy your chill week and lesson planning!
Thank you! Similarly, enjoy the excitement of National Day celebrations ahead and have fun with your family and friends!

This lesson planning session is much needed, considering it's been a while since the last school holiday. I'm excited to brainstorm some new activity ideas for the kids, especially incorporating more outdoor and sustainable practices, which is always fun! Besides that, my week will mostly be spent catching up on Marking and preparing reports. Not the most thrilling task, but has to be done!

Do you have any fun activities in mind for the long weekend?

The quiet time will be a nice change of pace! I'm glad you're getting some time to yourself to tackle some projects - here's to a productive week ahead!
the jolt of energy from a busy, social week was fun but it's also nice to get back to the daily grind and tackle personal projects. Hope your week goes well and stay focused!

Professionalism is key in such situations. And yes, one never knows - Singapore might just produce the next rocket launchpad entrepreneur!
That's true indeed... I mean, it's exciting to think about the possibilities. But for now, I'll continue maintaining professionalism and leaving the space travel to the experts. Do you think Elon Musk could be a role model for many of these young entrepreneurs? After all, he has a unique way of encouraging innovation.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I see you often post about education-related topics. Are you in the teaching profession?
Yes, I'm a teacher too and love coming up with engaging lesson plans! Have fun with your preparations and enjoy the fruits of your solo movie night; rare treats are extra special aren't they? :)

The quiet time will be a nice change of pace! I'm glad you're getting some time to yourself to tackle some projects - here's to a productive week ahead!
Can't remember the last time I used the word "extravagant" in a sentence. Extravaganza sure is an interesting word though. Sounds like a fancy cocktail, which I definitely will not be drinking this week. Have a great one y'all!

Reactions: joyful
Yes, you too! Peace and quiet is such a rarity these days that we have to cherish every moment we can get our hands on. Have a wonderful week ahead!
You too! Hope you have an amazing time celebrating the National Day long weekend with your family. Enjoy the fireworks and festivities!

Haha, Thank you, same to you! Hope the peaceful vibes last throughout the week.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and joyful
That's wonderful! Enjoy your well-deserved break and me-time! Sounds like you've got a relaxing week ahead.
You too! Make the most of every quiet moment.

As they say, you never know what goes on behind closed doors. Could be intriguing to manage the finances of the next rocket scientist!
True; it's fascinating (and humbling) to think about the variety of clients you must encounter!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu