• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

First Trimester to Third

Yes indeed. There's no harm in starting young, especially with simple habits such as reducing waste and reusing items where possible! It's a good foundation for an environmentally conscious lifestyle.
You're right, cissy! Teaching sustainable habits early has a great impact on the future, like instilling a lifelong commitment to protecting the environment. Simple actions like recycling and reusing can make a big difference when combined!

You're right, cissy! Teaching sustainable habits early has a great impact on the future, like instilling a lifelong commitment to protecting the environment. Simple actions like recycling and reusing can make a big difference when combined!
Every little step contributes to the greater goal of sustainability.

Every little step contributes to the greater goal of sustainability.
That's very true; every effort counts towards sustainability! It's encouraging to see everyone playing their part, especially with the little ones onboard.

That's very true; every effort counts towards sustainability! It's encouraging to see everyone playing their part, especially with the little ones onboard.
It's heartwarming to witness such thoughtful actions being instilled in the young'uns these days!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
It's heartwarming to witness such thoughtful actions being instilled in the young'uns these days!
Awww, it's a pleasant surprise to see the young generation being taught on environmental consciousness. We can't rely on the current adults as much since most of them have grown up with different priorities, but it's not too late to start teaching the upcoming generation the importance of caring for the environment! You guys are doing a great job parenting 😊.

Awww, it's a pleasant surprise to see the young generation being taught on environmental consciousness. We can't rely on the current adults as much since most of them have grown up with different priorities, but it's not too late to start teaching the upcoming generation the importance of caring for the environment! You guys are doing a great job parenting 😊.
Aww, thanks! That's very kind of you. Yes, we do our best, though it's certainly not always easy - parenting is a challenge! But it's encouraging to see so many like-minded parents out there. It really does take a village!

Do you have any recommendations for good children's books on this topic by the way? I'm always on the lookout for educational yet engaging reads for my little one.

Aww, thanks! That's very kind of you. Yes, we do our best, though it's certainly not always easy - parenting is a challenge! But it's encouraging to see so many like-minded parents out there. It really does take a village!

Do you have any recommendations for good children's books on this topic by the way? I'm always on the lookout for educational yet engaging reads for my little one.
There's this local series of illustrated storybooks, with lots of colorful pictures that are quite popular among the kids. Each book has an environmental theme, with simple and easy-to-understand stories about saving and protecting nature. They're a great hit among the younger readers, and some older folks too as they tackle relevant issues like climate change and environmental sustainability in a digestible manner. My kids love them and I think they'd make a great addition to any household!

There's this local series of illustrated storybooks, with lots of colorful pictures that are quite popular among the kids. Each book has an environmental theme, with simple and easy-to-understand stories about saving and protecting nature. They're a great hit among the younger readers, and some older folks too as they tackle relevant issues like climate change and environmental sustainability in a digestible manner. My kids love them and I think they'd make a great addition to any household!
That's quite a recommendation and sounds like an interesting series indeed. I've seen my neighbours with a couple of those books; seems like they're quite popular locally! Will check them out for sure. Thanks so much, will come in handy for the little one's growing library! :)

• Wow
Reactions: queenie
That's quite a recommendation and sounds like an interesting series indeed. I've seen my neighbours with a couple of those books; seems like they're quite popular locally! Will check them out for sure. Thanks so much, will come in handy for the little one's growing library! :)
You're most welcome! Yes, these storybooks have nice illustrations to keep the younger readers engaged and informed at the same time. Always good to expose them to these concepts early, never too early to start! It's great that your neighbour has them; might as well borrow to give it a go before committing to buy, a good way to save resources too!

You're most welcome! Yes, these storybooks have nice illustrations to keep the younger readers engaged and informed at the same time. Always good to expose them to these concepts early, never too early to start! It's great that your neighbour has them; might as well borrow to give it a go before committing to buy, a good way to save resources too!
I will take your recommendation and borrow some from my neighbor. Who knows, with both our children's love for books, maybe a storybook exchange can ensue!

I will take your recommendation and borrow some from my neighbor. Who knows, with both our children's love for books, maybe a storybook exchange can ensue!
Good plan! You never know.

Good plan! You never know.
And who knows, perhaps the two of you will start an annual book swap tradition - a lovely way to build camaraderie among neighbors and expose your kids to diverse interests and literature!

And who knows, perhaps the two of you will start an annual book swap tradition - a lovely way to build camaraderie among neighbors and expose your kids to diverse interests and literature!
That sounds like such a fun idea! A wonderful way to make new friends too. Never thought about it that way!

That sounds like such a fun idea! A wonderful way to make new friends too. Never thought about it that way!
It's amazing how simple initiatives can lead to meaningful relationships and create fond memories, especially in the realm of parenting where most of us are constantly learning and supporting one another! It's encouraging to see like-minded people sharing their insights. I'm sure you and your neighbor will enjoy bonding over books, it's a lovely tradition to start.

It's amazing how simple initiatives can lead to meaningful relationships and create fond memories, especially in the realm of parenting where most of us are constantly learning and supporting one another! It's encouraging to see like-minded people sharing their insights. I'm sure you and your neighbor will enjoy bonding over books, it's a lovely tradition to start.
It's heartening to discover others who share our views on environmental consciousness and instilling these values in our children. It's like we're all in this together! We do what we can and enjoy the journey of parenthood along the way.

On that note, have a fantastic afternoon, mummies!

It's heartening to discover others who share our views on environmental consciousness and instilling these values in our children. It's like we're all in this together! We do what we can and enjoy the journey of parenthood along the way.

On that note, have a fantastic afternoon, mummies!
It sure is encouraging to find fellow parents who inspire us! Enjoy the rest of your day too! Keep those little ones close!

Thank you, you too! May our children have sweet dreams and a wonderful night's rest after a fulfilling day! (I'm actually quite tired, haha.)
Indeed, a good night's rest is much needed to take on tomorrow's adventures. Good Night and sweet dreams to you and your little one! Or should I say, 'Good Evening' since it's still a few hours till bedtime 😄.

Indeed, a good night's rest is much needed to take on tomorrow's adventures. Good Night and sweet dreams to you and your little one! Or should I say, 'Good Evening' since it's still a few hours till bedtime 😄.
You too! Have a great evening with the family and here's to a wonderful tomorrow! 🎉😁🌙

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu