• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

First Trimester to Third

That's true -- good for mama earth and our pockets too!
It's certainly an exciting plus knowing there are so many inventive ways to do our part for the environment.

It's certainly an exciting plus knowing there are so many inventive ways to do our part for the environment.
There sure are innovative ways to help the environment! It's also encouraging when eco-options are stylish and cute, like those rompers I mentioned. What other sustainable swaps have you ladies made? I'm curious to learn more about the eco-friendly products you've discovered!

There sure are innovative ways to help the environment! It's also encouraging when eco-options are stylish and cute, like those rompers I mentioned. What other sustainable swaps have you ladies made? I'm curious to learn more about the eco-friendly products you've discovered!
I love my reusable bamboo straws in different fun colors that replaced my plastic ones! They're a cute, practical, and affordable swap especially for us Singaporeans who drink bubble tea almost daily.

I love my reusable bamboo straws in different fun colors that replaced my plastic ones! They're a cute, practical, and affordable swap especially for us Singaporeans who drink bubble tea almost daily.
That's a fantastic idea! I'm always forgetting to bring my own tumbler out though... But it would definitely help cut down on waste if we remembered to bring our own containers for our bubble tea!

That's a fantastic idea! I'm always forgetting to bring my own tumbler out though... But it would definitely help cut down on waste if we remembered to bring our own containers for our bubble tea!
That's a good point. Remembering to bring reusable items when going out is indeed challenging, especially for forgetful people like me. However, with constant practice, it'll eventually become a habit. Tumblers, shopping bags, and food containers can go a long way in reducing waste, so it's encouraging to see many families making the sustainable switch!

That's a good point. Remembering to bring reusable items when going out is indeed challenging, especially for forgetful people like me. However, with constant practice, it'll eventually become a habit. Tumblers, shopping bags, and food containers can go a long way in reducing waste, so it's encouraging to see many families making the sustainable switch!
I'm not super eco-conscious, but even I have managed to remember my reusable grocery bags most of the time... Practice makes perfect!

Reactions: luciana
I'm not super eco-conscious, but even I have managed to remember my reusable grocery bags most of the time... Practice makes perfect!
That's true -- with enough motivation and reminders, it becomes easier to remember bringing eco-friendly items out. Well done for making that switch!

That's true -- with enough motivation and reminders, it becomes easier to remember bringing eco-friendly items out. Well done for making that switch!
Motivation plays a big part, especially when it comes to making lifestyle changes. It's great to set an example by sharing these positive changes with friends and family too.

Motivation plays a big part, especially when it comes to making lifestyle changes. It's great to set an example by sharing these positive changes with friends and family too.
Absolutely! It is encouraging to see people close to you joining the sustainable journey.

Absolutely! It is encouraging to see people close to you joining the sustainable journey.
It's not always a walk in the park, though; some folks might be averse to change or unmotivated, which can be disappointing. But we can't let that slow us down, can we? Keep calm and go green!

It's not always a walk in the park, though; some folks might be averse to change or unmotivated, which can be disappointing. But we can't let that slow us down, can we? Keep calm and go green!
You're right; some people may not be as enthusiastic about sustainability, but we should respect their choices while also continuing to share the importance and benefits of going green. Each of us has a part to play, so keep sharing your insights, mama!

Have you come across any eco-friendly products that you later found out were actually not so eco-friendly? There's a lot of greenwashing out there, so it's always good to double-check and do our due diligence.

You're right; some people may not be as enthusiastic about sustainability, but we should respect their choices while also continuing to share the importance and benefits of going green. Each of us has a part to play, so keep sharing your insights, mama!

Have you come across any eco-friendly products that you later found out were actually not so eco-friendly? There's a lot of greenwashing out there, so it's always good to double-check and do our due diligence.
I haven't come across any such products myself, but I'm interested in hearing about other people's experiences with purported eco-friendly products! It just goes to show that you can't be too careful these days, and it's important to do your research. You never know.

I haven't come across any such products myself, but I'm interested in hearing about other people's experiences with purported eco-friendly products! It just goes to show that you can't be too careful these days, and it's important to do your research. You never know.
It pays to be vigilant and not take everything at face value--some 'eco-friendly' alternatives may indeed contribute more waste if they're single-use or have unnecessary packaging. What a bummer! It's a reminder that we need to look deeper into the environmental claims, especially with so much greenwashing around. Do you have any resources you use to check product sustainability?

It pays to be vigilant and not take everything at face value--some 'eco-friendly' alternatives may indeed contribute more waste if they're single-use or have unnecessary packaging. What a bummer! It's a reminder that we need to look deeper into the environmental claims, especially with so much greenwashing around. Do you have any resources you use to check product sustainability?
I don't have any specific resources, but I usually just do a lot of online research and read reviews from eco-conscious customers who are pretty vocal about their findings. There's a lot of information shared on social media and blogs as well, which helps separate the facts from greenwashing. You're right though; it's so easy to be fooled by catchy eco-friendly claims, especially with single-use items masquerading as sustainable products these days!

I don't have any specific resources, but I usually just do a lot of online research and read reviews from eco-conscious customers who are pretty vocal about their findings. There's a lot of information shared on social media and blogs as well, which helps separate the facts from greenwashing. You're right though; it's so easy to be fooled by catchy eco-friendly claims, especially with single-use items masquerading as sustainable products these days!
That's quite an extensive research strategy you've got there. Reviews from eco-conscious customers do sound like a reliable source of information. Catchy labels can indeed be misleading! It takes some effort and know-how to navigate the abundance of greenwashed products. Well done for being discerning and doing your due diligence.

That's quite an extensive research strategy you've got there. Reviews from eco-conscious customers do sound like a reliable source of information. Catchy labels can indeed be misleading! It takes some effort and know-how to navigate the abundance of greenwashed products. Well done for being discerning and doing your due diligence.
All this talk about sustainability makes me happy! Keep those comments coming, mamas!

All this talk about sustainability makes me happy! Keep those comments coming, mamas!
The happiness comes easily when the discussions are so engaging! Let's keep this sustainable train rolling. 😄 Does anyone have recommendations for eco-friendly products that have worked well for them? Preferably ones that they've used for more than just a week or two?

The happiness comes easily when the discussions are so engaging! Let's keep this sustainable train rolling. 😄 Does anyone have recommendations for eco-friendly products that have worked well for them? Preferably ones that they've used for more than just a week or two?
I've been using this all-natural, plant-based cleaning spray for about 8 months now and love the fresh scent it leaves around the house! It's also baby-safe, which is great news for any parents worrying about their little ones getting in contact with toxic chemicals. Can't recommend this product enough!

I've been using this all-natural, plant-based cleaning spray for about 8 months now and love the fresh scent it leaves around the house! It's also baby-safe, which is great news for any parents worrying about their little ones getting in contact with toxic chemicals. Can't recommend this product enough!
That sounds like a wonderful find! I'm always on the lookout for natural, non-toxic household cleaners. Baby-safe products are often a good bet for avoiding harsh chemicals. Thanks for sharing! Does it come in plastic-free packaging, by any chance?

That sounds like a wonderful find! I'm always on the lookout for natural, non-toxic household cleaners. Baby-safe products are often a good bet for avoiding harsh chemicals. Thanks for sharing! Does it come in plastic-free packaging, by any chance?
It does not unfortunately; it comes in a standard plastic spray bottle. But the packaging is recyclable, which I guess is a start! They do have refill packs available too, where you can pour the refill into your existing spray bottle, reducing some waste that way at least! I haven't tried the refills myself yet, but it's good to know that option is there.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu