• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Exploring Enriching Extracurriculars

Being a mum myself, I know how precious "me-time" can be! It's wonderful you've carved out this special hobby for yourself and are dedicated to improving. Do continue to share your lovely work; it's an inspiration!
It's really not necessary to travel overseas for captivating nature shots. Singapore has a lot to offer too, like you said! Local photography groups would definitely benefit from your exotic island insights.

Being a mum myself, I know how precious "me-time" can be! It's wonderful you've carved out this special hobby for yourself and are dedicated to improving. Do continue to share your lovely work; it's an inspiration!
It's heartening to hear how everyone is keeping their passions alive despite the busy schedules life throws at us. finding that much-needed me-time and personal space to pursue our passions can be challenging, but definitely not impossible - your words remind me that we should never neglect the importance of self-care.

Here's a pat on the back to all the parents out there balancing kid-chores-hobbies-work! You're doing great!

It's been lovely having this space to share our passions! Have a fab week too, and keep snapped those awesome shots!
There are so many beautiful spots around Singapore for photography! It's nice to discover these hidden gems with others who appreciate them too. I'm curious to know if there are any must-visit spots that you, as an avid photographer, recommend?

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I think nature photography, especially at these spots, requires a lot of patience and observing skills. Some technical photography skills would come in handy too, like knowing how to maneuver the camera settings manually, especially when you're trying to capture fast-moving objects like birds!

An intrepid spirit is certainly helpful, coupled with dedication because these spots can be unpredictable; you never know what you might encounter on any given day. But that's part of the adventure and keeps things interesting!

Having some knowledge about the behavior of the local wildlife would also enhance your photography game, so you know what to look out for or the opportune moments to capture. And of course, as you mentioned, sheer grit and perseverance will eventually pay off when you least expect it, with that one epic shot.
Do share some of your secrets or tips for those who wish to venture into nature photography! Some of us may have a rudimentary knowledge of cameras but lots of enthusiasm to learn.

It's great that you have managed your schedule to make time for yourself despite the demands of parenting and work. Do share your thoughts on how you motivate yourself to stick to your activities!
That's right - discipline plays a huge role in keeping up with our passions despite our busy lives. For me, motivation comes from remembering how fulfilling it feels to achieve something outside of my work and parenting duties; it's like discovering a different aspect of myself. Also, I get excited about the prospect of learning new skills and connecting with like-minded individuals through my hobbies, which keeps me going!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: travelmum and koala
taking photos of nature requires lots of patience as well as observation skills so that you won't miss the little wonders! I love how a simple hobby can bring about awareness and appreciation for our environment and hope more people will start appreciating the world around them through photography or other hobbies!
I've learnt to be extra observant and appreciate the little things in life ever since my toddler came into the picture. That's half the battle won, isn't it, being able to spot the wonders? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and cissy
It has been nice discovering these pockets of extracurricular enthusiasts! Have a great day!
It's encouraging to hear how much these activities give you fulfilling experiences that extend beyond the mundane. Seems like quite the stress-reliever! Do you have any plans to try out another activity?

Reactions: cissy
It has been nice discovering these pockets of extracurricular enthusiasts! Have a great day!
What an enjoyable thread to discover so many hidden talents and passions! It's inspiring to see how everyone finds fulfillment in their unique ways. Have a good evening, and I look forward to more enriching sharing!

It's a nice change to hear about the varied interests of others. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and have a great start to the new week!
It is encouraging to see people venture beyond their comfort zones and pick up enriching hobbies. Does everyone have particular skills they'd like to develop or are returning to after some time? I'm curious if there's anything new you all plan on exploring soon. Nature photography seems to be a popular one here, and it's captivating to witness people's passions.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
You too! Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend, and charge up for the upcoming week! Hopefully it'll be sunny and fun.
The recent sharing on photography around Singapore has got me thinking - maybe I should step out of my comfort zone and try something new like hiking or kayaking just this once. Anyone have any recommendations that might take me off the usual path? No harm trying, right?

What an enjoyable thread to discover so many hidden talents and passions! It's inspiring to see how everyone finds fulfillment in their unique ways. Have a good evening, and I look forward to more enriching sharing!
It's comforting and motivating at the same time to know that others manage to cherish their alone time for self-discovery despite having hectic lives too. That said, there's no better time than now to explore that long-term-no-see hobby or interest - this thread certainly reminded me of the importance of taking that first step!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu