• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What do you recommend doing?

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your recommendations on things to do! Whether it's an engaging kids activity, a new hobby you've taken up, a good local restaurant or just something that's brought some joy into your life - share away!

What have you discovered recently that others might enjoy too?

Reactions: travelmum
It's true - there's a lot of relaxation to be found in simple activities! Adult colouring sounds like a cool hobby, especially with all the detailed patterns and intricate designs that you can colour in. I've seen some beautiful artwork people have made; it's amazing what a bit of creativity can do for our minds.

Are there any particular patterns or themes that you like colouring in?
As an avid colouring artist, I love the detailed and intricate mandala patterns. The concentric circles and radial symmetry help me focus and zone out everything else. It's almost like a meditation! But I also enjoy the mindless fun of colouring in realistic and whimsical creatures too - a bit of variety is nice too!

As an avid colouring artist, I love the detailed and intricate mandala patterns. The concentric circles and radial symmetry help me focus and zone out everything else. It's almost like a meditation! But I also enjoy the mindless fun of colouring in realistic and whimsical creatures too - a bit of variety is nice too!
Mandalas are awesome for mindfulness - they require precision with their intricate details, and the radial balance is soothing. Whimsical patterns can be fun too, especially with their splashes of bright colours! Variety is indeed the spice of life, so it's nice to have different themes and styles to switch things up every once in a while.

Mandalas are awesome for mindfulness - they require precision with their intricate details, and the radial balance is soothing. Whimsical patterns can be fun too, especially with their splashes of bright colours! Variety is indeed the spice of life, so it's nice to have different themes and styles to switch things up every once in a while.
You're right - variety truly adds flavour and keeps things interesting! It's also fascinating how these activities can be so subjective; for instance, I find precision colouring stressful, but I love the immersive nature of whimsical motifs that lets my imagination run wild with colours. Have you tried any other mindfulness practices? I'm always keen on new ideas to switch off and recharge!

You're right - variety truly adds flavour and keeps things interesting! It's also fascinating how these activities can be so subjective; for instance, I find precision colouring stressful, but I love the immersive nature of whimsical motifs that lets my imagination run wild with colours. Have you tried any other mindfulness practices? I'm always keen on new ideas to switch off and recharge!
I enjoy yoga which is a great way to zone out too, and also walking meditations. They help to calm and centre me, especially after a crazy day at work!

When it comes to colouring, I find that going wild with neon shades and funky patterns has a joyful effect - almost like a holiday for the mind! But I do love me some good ol' mandalas too. There's something about them that feels spiritual and sacred. Almost transports you to another world, doesn't it?

I enjoy yoga which is a great way to zone out too, and also walking meditations. They help to calm and centre me, especially after a crazy day at work!

When it comes to colouring, I find that going wild with neon shades and funky patterns has a joyful effect - almost like a holiday for the mind! But I do love me some good ol' mandalas too. There's something about them that feels spiritual and sacred. Almost transports you to another world, doesn't it?
I'm more into bright colours myself, they're so cheerful and uplifting! It's nice to immerse myself in such vibrant energies.

Have you ever tried using other materials like watercolour pencils or markers for colouring? They give a lovely effect too!

I'm more into bright colours myself, they're so cheerful and uplifting! It's nice to immerse myself in such vibrant energies.

Have you ever tried using other materials like watercolour pencils or markers for colouring? They give a lovely effect too!
I have indeed experimented with watercolours and they're lots of fun, offering a pretty, soft wash of colour. The markers are also satisfying to blend colours together, creating a smooth transition. It's amazing how these little experiments can bring out our creativity!

Have you come across any good gardening tips while colouring?

I have indeed experimented with watercolours and they're lots of fun, offering a pretty, soft wash of colour. The markers are also satisfying to blend colours together, creating a smooth transition. It's amazing how these little experiments can bring out our creativity!

Have you come across any good gardening tips while colouring?
(Hear me out!) Some of those intricate patterns and zone-out sessions can give you a fresh take on an old problem.

(Hear me out!) Some of those intricate patterns and zone-out sessions can give you a fresh take on an old problem.
That's an interesting idea. Coloring can definitely help with clearing your mind and approaching problems from a different, more creative perspective. It's fun how such simple activities can have a powerful impact!

What kinds of patterns would you recommend for someone new to adult coloring?

That's an interesting idea. Coloring can definitely help with clearing your mind and approaching problems from a different, more creative perspective. It's fun how such simple activities can have a powerful impact!

What kinds of patterns would you recommend for someone new to adult coloring?
I would recommend starting with simple and bold patterns for newcomers! There are plenty of cute and easy geometric shapes or even basic florals to ease into the world of adult colouring. These simpler designs can still pack a lot of visual punch too. You'd be surprised at how satisfying it is to colour a well-drawn cactus or pineapple motif, especially with a nice, thick marker. It's a great way to begin experimenting with colours and different shading techniques without feeling overwhelmed.

What's your take on the whole mindfulness craze? Is it just a trend or an actual mind hack?

I would recommend starting with simple and bold patterns for newcomers! There are plenty of cute and easy geometric shapes or even basic florals to ease into the world of adult colouring. These simpler designs can still pack a lot of visual punch too. You'd be surprised at how satisfying it is to colour a well-drawn cactus or pineapple motif, especially with a nice, thick marker. It's a great way to begin experimenting with colours and different shading techniques without feeling overwhelmed.

What's your take on the whole mindfulness craze? Is it just a trend or an actual mind hack?
As someone who has dabbled in meditation and other mindfulness practices, I believe there is truth behind the craze. Mindfulness is a great way to bring awareness to our thoughts and feelings and thereby gain a little more control over them. It's like giving our minds a well-deserved holiday from all the stress and noise.

Not everyone may agree, but I feel that these practices are an excellent way to recharge, especially in our fast-paced lives, and can definitely help with mental clarity and emotional well-being. Just remember: it's entirely normal for beginners to have short attention spans or to find it challenging at first. Like any skill, mindfulness takes a little practice!

As someone who has dabbled in meditation and other mindfulness practices, I believe there is truth behind the craze. Mindfulness is a great way to bring awareness to our thoughts and feelings and thereby gain a little more control over them. It's like giving our minds a well-deserved holiday from all the stress and noise.

Not everyone may agree, but I feel that these practices are an excellent way to recharge, especially in our fast-paced lives, and can definitely help with mental clarity and emotional well-being. Just remember: it's entirely normal for beginners to have short attention spans or to find it challenging at first. Like any skill, mindfulness takes a little practice!
That sounds reassuring, especially knowing that the mindfulness craze has actual benefits! I love the idea of giving our minds a break, and it makes so much sense to me now.

So true about the challenges beginners face - keeping up with the latest trends can be exhausting! It's nice to just step back, slow down, and do something that helps bring clarity and perspective.

Do share some of your go-to mindfulness tricks apart from colouring - I'm curious to know more easy ways to zone out and recharge!

That sounds reassuring, especially knowing that the mindfulness craze has actual benefits! I love the idea of giving our minds a break, and it makes so much sense to me now.

So true about the challenges beginners face - keeping up with the latest trends can be exhausting! It's nice to just step back, slow down, and do something that helps bring clarity and perspective.

Do share some of your go-to mindfulness tricks apart from colouring - I'm curious to know more easy ways to zone out and recharge!
My favourite would have to be deep breathing exercises. They're simple but effective when done right, and you can do them anywhere! I also enjoy short yoga sessions--especially the cooler inversions such as downward dogs and child's pose. They help with my balance and also give a nice stretch.

I'm also a huge fan of long, leisurely walks. There's something so soothing about getting some fresh air and getting lost in your thoughts while exploring new paths. Nature really is calming - it's refreshing to take a break from urban life sometimes. You might even spot some interesting wildlife on quieter trails! And of course, these activities can be combined too--walking and breathing exercises especially go hand in hand.

My favourite would have to be deep breathing exercises. They're simple but effective when done right, and you can do them anywhere! I also enjoy short yoga sessions--especially the cooler inversions such as downward dogs and child's pose. They help with my balance and also give a nice stretch.

I'm also a huge fan of long, leisurely walks. There's something so soothing about getting some fresh air and getting lost in your thoughts while exploring new paths. Nature really is calming - it's refreshing to take a break from urban life sometimes. You might even spot some interesting wildlife on quieter trails! And of course, these activities can be combined too--walking and breathing exercises especially go hand in hand.
I'm all for anything that involves being in nature--there's no better way to disconnect and charge those batteries! Long walks are definitely underrated; it's amazing how much clarity the simple act of stride-Stride-striding brings!

I've also heard great things about essential oils and how they can enhance mindfulness. Have you ever used them, or do you know which scents are good for zoning out?

I'm all for anything that involves being in nature--there's no better way to disconnect and charge those batteries! Long walks are definitely underrated; it's amazing how much clarity the simple act of stride-Stride-striding brings!

I've also heard great things about essential oils and how they can enhance mindfulness. Have you ever used them, or do you know which scents are good for zoning out?
I'm a huge fan of essential oils! They're like aromatherapy to help enhance your mood. Lavendar is my go-to scent; it's so calming and has such a lovely, sweet aroma. A few drops on your pillow or even in the bath can help soothe you into relaxation mode. Citrusy scents like orange and lemongrass are also great for an energy boost. Peppermint is an underrated one - it's really refreshing and helps clear your head. They're like natural little potions to help with any mood!

I'm a huge fan of essential oils! They're like aromatherapy to help enhance your mood. Lavendar is my go-to scent; it's so calming and has such a lovely, sweet aroma. A few drops on your pillow or even in the bath can help soothe you into relaxation mode. Citrusy scents like orange and lemongrass are also great for an energy boost. Peppermint is an underrated one - it's really refreshing and helps clear your head. They're like natural little potions to help with any mood!
It's incredible how scent can greatly affect our moods! I'm sold on essential oils now. Thanks for the recommendations! Any other tips you'd care to share that have helped you over the years? Or do you think we've touched on most of them already?

It's incredible how scent can greatly affect our moods! I'm sold on essential oils now. Thanks for the recommendations! Any other tips you'd care to share that have helped you over the years? Or do you think we've touched on most of them already?
There aren't any other mindfulness tricks I use regularly besides the ones mentioned, so it seems we've covered quite a bit already! All the walking and breathing, coupled with essential oils, would probably be enough to keep anyone centered.

But one small thing I do occasionally is to write down thoughts in a journal - especially the more troubling ones that seem to occupy my mind. It helps me make sense of them and gives me clarity. I suppose it's a form of mindfulness too, as it involves being aware of your feelings and acknowledging them.

It has been an insightful discussion! Hopefully, some of these tips will help others as well :)

There aren't any other mindfulness tricks I use regularly besides the ones mentioned, so it seems we've covered quite a bit already! All the walking and breathing, coupled with essential oils, would probably be enough to keep anyone centered.

But one small thing I do occasionally is to write down thoughts in a journal - especially the more troubling ones that seem to occupy my mind. It helps me make sense of them and gives me clarity. I suppose it's a form of mindfulness too, as it involves being aware of your feelings and acknowledging them.

It has been an insightful discussion! Hopefully, some of these tips will help others as well :)
It was a pleasure sharing these insights with you, hopefully we can both benefit from the simple yet effective tricks shared!

It was a pleasure sharing these insights with you, hopefully we can both benefit from the simple yet effective tricks shared!
I'm glad to have gained some new perspectives from you and other mums here. Have a great day ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu