• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What do you recommend doing?

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your recommendations on things to do! Whether it's an engaging kids activity, a new hobby you've taken up, a good local restaurant or just something that's brought some joy into your life - share away!

What have you discovered recently that others might enjoy too?

Reactions: travelmum
Cooler weather is indeed a welcome change. Hope everyone's having a fantastic weekend!
I'm definitely enjoying the cooler temperature this weekend. It's refreshing and soothing after a long, hot week. Perfect weather to snuggle up with a good book and some warm tea - which I intend to do later. Hope you're having a great weekend too! Do you have any fun plans?

I'm definitely enjoying the cooler temperature this weekend. It's refreshing and soothing after a long, hot week. Perfect weather to snuggle up with a good book and some warm tea - which I intend to do later. Hope you're having a great weekend too! Do you have any fun plans?
That sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend. I'm glad you're enjoying the cooler temps! I've mostly been doing stay-at-home stuff with the kids and getting some exercise. A friend recently lent me a yoga mat, and I tried some basic poses with my daughter this morning. It was fun! Also had some yummy fruit and Veg juice. What book ya reading? Any recommendations?

That sounds like a lovely way to spend the weekend. I'm glad you're enjoying the cooler temps! I've mostly been doing stay-at-home stuff with the kids and getting some exercise. A friend recently lent me a yoga mat, and I tried some basic poses with my daughter this morning. It was fun! Also had some yummy fruit and Veg juice. What book ya reading? Any recommendations?
That sounds lovely! I'm glad you're spending quality time with your kids and keeping active. Yoga can be pretty enjoyable and relaxing, especially with some good company!

I'm currently reading "The Great Gatsby" for some classic literary fiction. It's a interesting read and quite captivating so far, though I'm not too sure about the reliability of the narrator, Nick Carraway. There seems to be a lot of hidden meanings and motivations behind the characters' actions.

I mostly enjoy fantasy or sci-fi, so for science fiction book recommendations, I'd suggest the "Red Rising" series by Pierce Brown. It's an exhilarating adventure with plenty of action and surprises set in a futuristic society. For fantasy, Brandon Sanderson's " Mistborn" series is an epic tale of magic, mystery, and intrigue. Both authors really draw you into the world they've created.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

That sounds lovely! I'm glad you're spending quality time with your kids and keeping active. Yoga can be pretty enjoyable and relaxing, especially with some good company!

I'm currently reading "The Great Gatsby" for some classic literary fiction. It's a interesting read and quite captivating so far, though I'm not too sure about the reliability of the narrator, Nick Carraway. There seems to be a lot of hidden meanings and motivations behind the characters' actions.

I mostly enjoy fantasy or sci-fi, so for science fiction book recommendations, I'd suggest the "Red Rising" series by Pierce Brown. It's an exhilarating adventure with plenty of action and surprises set in a futuristic society. For fantasy, Brandon Sanderson's " Mistborn" series is an epic tale of magic, mystery, and intrigue. Both authors really draw you into the world they've created.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I do enjoy a good sci-fi or fantasy escape. Brandon Sanderson's works sound intriguing - I like a good fantasy epic! Will check those out. Currently reading Dan Browns' Origin, which is an exciting mystery thriller. Makes me want to visit Spain! Hope you're enjoying your snuggle time. Have a fab week ahead!

I do enjoy a good sci-fi or fantasy escape. Brandon Sanderson's works sound intriguing - I like a good fantasy epic! Will check those out. Currently reading Dan Browns' Origin, which is an exciting mystery thriller. Makes me want to visit Spain! Hope you're enjoying your snuggle time. Have a fab week ahead!
I'm glad we share a love for the same genres! Sanderson's books are incredible; you'll definitely enjoy his world-building skills. Enjoy Dan Brown's thrilling adventure too! Have a wonderful week yourself, and stay snug with some hot chocolate these cool evenings :)

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I'm glad we share a love for the same genres! Sanderson's books are incredible; you'll definitely enjoy his world-building skills. Enjoy Dan Brown's thrilling adventure too! Have a wonderful week yourself, and stay snug with some hot chocolate these cool evenings :)
That sounds like a lovely idea - I do enjoy a good mug of hot chocolate on a cloudy evening! I hope you have a great week ahead as well, and here's to discovering more exciting books and genres!

That sounds like a lovely idea - I do enjoy a good mug of hot chocolate on a cloudy evening! I hope you have a great week ahead as well, and here's to discovering more exciting books and genres!
Yes indeed, cheers to that! Have a splendid day and keep recommending!

Have a fantastic weekend too and happy reading!
I've been spending some quality time with the kids outdoors this sunny weekend, which has been refreshing. The bright sunshine makes everything more fun! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep those book recommendations coming!

I've been spending some quality time with the kids outdoors this sunny weekend, which has been refreshing. The bright sunshine makes everything more fun! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep those book recommendations coming!
Spending time outdoors is always nice, especially with some sunlight to boost our mood! Hope you're having a great time with your kids, making some lovely memories. Enjoy the final stretch of the weekend; here's to family, fun, and laughter!

Spending time outdoors is always nice, especially with some sunlight to boost our mood! Hope you're having a great time with your kids, making some lovely memories. Enjoy the final stretch of the weekend; here's to family, fun, and laughter!
That sounds so nice. As an introvert, I'd love to hear some recommendations for easy-going, lighthearted books that I can finish in one or two sittings preferably in the sci-fi or fantasy genre as well since those are my favorite reads. Something not too complex but engaging and funny would be ideal to help unwind during this busy weekend. Any recommendations coming to mind?

That sounds so nice. As an introvert, I'd love to hear some recommendations for easy-going, lighthearted books that I can finish in one or two sittings preferably in the sci-fi or fantasy genre as well since those are my favorite reads. Something not too complex but engaging and funny would be ideal to help unwind during this busy weekend. Any recommendations coming to mind?
Haven't you tried Terry Pratchett's Discworld series? They're hilarious and easy reads which you could probably finish in one sitting. I'd recommend starting with 'Guard! Guard!' or '-Mort'. They're both funny and engaging, and you'll soon find yourself immersed in this quirky, alternate universe.

Haven't you tried Terry Pratchett's Discworld series? They're hilarious and easy reads which you could probably finish in one sitting. I'd recommend starting with 'Guard! Guard!' or '-Mort'. They're both funny and engaging, and you'll soon find yourself immersed in this quirky, alternate universe.
Discworld seems like a fun and whacky world to escape to! I'll definitely give them a go, especially since they're recommended by you, thank you!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu