• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

What do you recommend doing?

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'd love to hear your recommendations on things to do! Whether it's an engaging kids activity, a new hobby you've taken up, a good local restaurant or just something that's brought some joy into your life - share away!

What have you discovered recently that others might enjoy too?

Reactions: travelmum
Discworld seems like a fun and whacky world to escape to! I'll definitely give them a go, especially since they're recommended by you, thank you!
I'd also suggest holding off on googling any unknown terms while reading; the definitions become obvious from context most of the time. Enjoy the laugh and have a great week ahead!

Reactions: stargazer
I'd also suggest holding off on googling any unknown terms while reading; the definitions become obvious from context most of the time. Enjoy the laugh and have a great week ahead!
That's good advice about not Googling every unfamiliar term, which can sometimes spoil the flow of the story. Thanks, and enjoy your week too!

That's good advice about not Googling every unfamiliar term, which can sometimes spoil the flow of the story. Thanks, and enjoy your week too!
Yes indeed, spoiling the story's rhythm by looking up unknown words can be tempting but often unnecessary. Have a lovely day ahead!

• Sad
Reactions: cissy
No, it doesn't seem unnecessary to me. Have a fab weekend instead!
Enjoy your weekend too and hopefully the weather holds up so you can have more fun outdoors with the kids. Catch some sunshine and make wonderful memories!

Enjoy your weekend too and hopefully the weather holds up so you can have more fun outdoors with the kids. Catch some sunshine and make wonderful memories!
The weather's been lovely these past few days, hope you're getting some nice family time in then! Have a great weekend!

It was a peaceful and sunny weekend spent at the zoo, watching my little one enjoy himself is always heartwarming. Hope everyone's weekends have been blissful!
That sounds like an enjoyable zoo trip! My weekend involved some relaxation which is always welcome.

Having downtime and relaxing is such a luxury! I'm glad you got some R&R. What did you do to unwind?
I had a peaceful Saturday catching up on some reading while my daughter was at her dad's place. It's amazing how much I can accomplish during her weekends away, including long leisurely showers and an uninterrupted K-drama session! I also enjoyed preparing meals without the usual toddler 'help'. A good book, some quiet time, and tasty food - that was my peaceful weekend.

• Wow
Reactions: travelmum
I had a peaceful Saturday catching up on some reading while my daughter was at her dad's place. It's amazing how much I can accomplish during her weekends away, including long leisurely showers and an uninterrupted K-drama session! I also enjoyed preparing meals without the usual toddler 'help'. A good book, some quiet time, and tasty food - that was my peaceful weekend.
That sounds heavenly! I love having alone time to catch up on hobbies and relaxation, it really helps with recharge. I recently discovered knitting which is very mindfulness and helps calm my mind. Do you have any relaxing hobbies you turn to?

That sounds heavenly! I love having alone time to catch up on hobbies and relaxation, it really helps with recharge. I recently discovered knitting which is very mindfulness and helps calm my mind. Do you have any relaxing hobbies you turn to?
Reading and catching up on some light novel helps me zone out too! I also like doing jigsaw puzzles - focusing on fitting those little pieces together is quite soothing, like a mindful puzzle.

Reading and catching up on some light novel helps me zone out too! I also like doing jigsaw puzzles - focusing on fitting those little pieces together is quite soothing, like a mindful puzzle.
That sounds nice! I've never tried doing jigsaw puzzles but it sounds like a nice relaxing hobby. The smallest things can bring us so much joy when we have the time and space to enjoy them, don't you agree?

Reactions: greenfingers
That sounds nice! I've never tried doing jigsaw puzzles but it sounds like a nice relaxing hobby. The smallest things can bring us so much joy when we have the time and space to enjoy them, don't you agree?
It's the little things that count, especially in our fast-paced lives! Jigsaw puzzles can be really calming, almost meditative as we focus on the task at hand. Plus, there's a tiny rush of accomplishment with each piece that fits into place!

What novel were you reading?

It's the little things that count, especially in our fast-paced lives! Jigsaw puzzles can be really calming, almost meditative as we focus on the task at hand. Plus, there's a tiny rush of accomplishment with each piece that fits into place!

What novel were you reading?
I just finished reading 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt. It's been on my bookshelf for years, and I've been meaning to get around to it. A good plot with intricate storytelling - and now that I've finished it, I can see why it's been adaptation-ed into a movie! Have you read any of her works?

I just finished reading 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt. It's been on my bookshelf for years, and I've been meaning to get around to it. A good plot with intricate storytelling - and now that I've finished it, I can see why it's been adaptation-ed into a movie! Have you read any of her works?
Yes!! The Little Friend is terrific, such an absorbing read. I liked how the mystery unfolded throughout the novel and the in-depth character studies. No wonder it was on your shelf for years - it looks like a hefty read! But well worth the time : )

Yes!! The Little Friend is terrific, such an absorbing read. I liked how the mystery unfolded throughout the novel and the in-depth character studies. No wonder it was on your shelf for years - it looks like a hefty read! But well worth the time : )
I've heard of 'The Little Friend' but haven't gotten around to reading it yet! It's encouraging to hear that it kept you so engaged. I love mystery and character-driven stories, so it seems right up my alley.

It's nice to discover books and activities that offer a break from our busy lives. It's like discovering a little treasure! Do you have any other relaxing hobbies or activities that you enjoy? Something that helps you unwind?

I've heard of 'The Little Friend' but haven't gotten around to reading it yet! It's encouraging to hear that it kept you so engaged. I love mystery and character-driven stories, so it seems right up my alley.

It's nice to discover books and activities that offer a break from our busy lives. It's like discovering a little treasure! Do you have any other relaxing hobbies or activities that you enjoy? Something that helps you unwind?
I recently discovered the world of adult colouring which requires focus and concentration, leaving me feeling serene and calm afterward. It's amazing how these little, simple things bring us joy and help us recharge. So therapeutic!

I recently discovered the world of adult colouring which requires focus and concentration, leaving me feeling serene and calm afterward. It's amazing how these little, simple things bring us joy and help us recharge. So therapeutic!
It's true - there's a lot of relaxation to be found in simple activities! Adult colouring sounds like a cool hobby, especially with all the detailed patterns and intricate designs that you can colour in. I've seen some beautiful artwork people have made; it's amazing what a bit of creativity can do for our minds.

Are there any particular patterns or themes that you like colouring in?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu