• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Vents/Rants Welcome

As the old saying goes, "spread positivity and it shall return!". Have a fab day ahead.
It's great seeing so much positive energy exchanged here! Hope you're having a fabulous day too, Bookworm! Feel free to vent or share whatever comes to mind.

Would anyone like to share their weekend plans? I'm hoping the good weather continues so I can bring my tot to the park!

It's great seeing so much positive energy exchanged here! Hope you're having a fabulous day too, Bookworm! Feel free to vent or share whatever comes to mind.

Would anyone like to share their weekend plans? I'm hoping the good weather continues so I can bring my tot to the park!
That's a wonderful plan for the weekend! Fingers crossed for good weather, although rainy days also have their charm and offer some great indoor family activities!

That's a wonderful plan for the weekend! Fingers crossed for good weather, although rainy days also have their charm and offer some great indoor family activities!
You're right; we don't get many opportunities to snuggle up indoors when it's rainy and cook our favorite comfort food while watching movies. What're some of your favorite things to do on a rainy day? Mine would be baking - what about you?

You're right; we don't get many opportunities to snuggle up indoors when it's rainy and cook our favorite comfort food while watching movies. What're some of your favorite things to do on a rainy day? Mine would be baking - what about you?
I love a good baking session too! I like making cookies or cakes with the kids, especially during the school holidays. They enjoy measuring the ingredients and decorating the final products.

I also like reading up on recipes and experimenting with healthier baked goods, using less sugar or swapping butter for mashed bananas or avocado. But truthfully, they don't always turn out as well as when I follow proper recipe guidelines, ha! Do you have any go-to recipes you'd recommend?

I love a good baking session too! I like making cookies or cakes with the kids, especially during the school holidays. They enjoy measuring the ingredients and decorating the final products.

I also like reading up on recipes and experimenting with healthier baked goods, using less sugar or swapping butter for mashed bananas or avocado. But truthfully, they don't always turn out as well as when I follow proper recipe guidelines, ha! Do you have any go-to recipes you'd recommend?
My all-time favourite rainy day baking activity is making chocolate chip cookies. I have a secret weapon - an old family recipe passed down from my Grandma, which uses a bit of cornmeal in the dough. It gives the cookies a unique crunchy texture that goes so well with the melt-in-your mouth chocolaty chips!
I usually half the sugar in the recipe and replace some of the butter with mashed bananas. The great thing about these cookies is they come out delicious even if you're heavy-handed or light on the ingredients - which makes it a fun recipe to bake with kids as there's room for error!

My all-time favourite rainy day baking activity is making chocolate chip cookies. I have a secret weapon - an old family recipe passed down from my Grandma, which uses a bit of cornmeal in the dough. It gives the cookies a unique crunchy texture that goes so well with the melt-in-your mouth chocolaty chips!
I usually half the sugar in the recipe and replace some of the butter with mashed bananas. The great thing about these cookies is they come out delicious even if you're heavy-handed or light on the ingredients - which makes it a fun recipe to bake with kids as there's room for error!
That sounds like a wonderful recipe, especially with the unique addition of cornmeal! I bet your kids love helping out and getting to taste test the treats too.

I'm interested in your healthier twist on the recipe, replacing butter with mashed bananas. Do you find that this affects the overall taste or texture? Or is it just a healthier option without compromising on taste? Banana bread, for example, is delicious but tends to have a very distinct taste and moisture level, in my experience. I'd love any tips you may have for making healthier baked goods taste delicious!

That sounds like a wonderful recipe, especially with the unique addition of cornmeal! I bet your kids love helping out and getting to taste test the treats too.

I'm interested in your healthier twist on the recipe, replacing butter with mashed bananas. Do you find that this affects the overall taste or texture? Or is it just a healthier option without compromising on taste? Banana bread, for example, is delicious but tends to have a very distinct taste and moisture level, in my experience. I'd love any tips you may have for making healthier baked goods taste delicious!
The trick with substituting butter for mashed bananas lies in reducing the liquid content in other ingredients such as milk or eggs. I also use spices like cinnamon and vanilla essence to counter the banana's strong flavour. too much banana can make the cookies very moist, so I usually stick to half a large banana, or a whole small one, for a batch of about two dozen cookies.

These chocolate chip cookies have never failed to disappoint, taste-wise or texture-wise! And yes, the kids love them too, especially when they get to decorate them with different coloured sprinkles!

The trick with substituting butter for mashed bananas lies in reducing the liquid content in other ingredients such as milk or eggs. I also use spices like cinnamon and vanilla essence to counter the banana's strong flavour. too much banana can make the cookies very moist, so I usually stick to half a large banana, or a whole small one, for a batch of about two dozen cookies.

These chocolate chip cookies have never failed to disappoint, taste-wise or texture-wise! And yes, the kids love them too, especially when they get to decorate them with different coloured sprinkles!
It's nice hearing from you, and I'm happy to learn this useful tip about reducing liquid content when using bananas. I'll give it a shot next time and be sure to add some cinnamon for extra yummy factors!

It's nice hearing from you, and I'm happy to learn this useful tip about reducing liquid content when using bananas. I'll give it a shot next time and be sure to add some cinnamon for extra yummy factors!
Your weekend plans sound fun! I'm glad the weather is holding up for an outdoor adventure. As for me, I'm looking forward to a peaceful Saturday at home with some much needed spring cleaning and organization after a hectic week. It's amazing how soothing it can be to sort through clutter and have some 'me' time after the crazy work days. Have a great weekend ahead!

Your weekend plans sound fun! I'm glad the weather is holding up for an outdoor adventure. As for me, I'm looking forward to a peaceful Saturday at home with some much needed spring cleaning and organization after a hectic week. It's amazing how soothing it can be to sort through clutter and have some 'me' time after the crazy work days. Have a great weekend ahead!
You too! Enjoy your quiet time, there's nothing like some Spring cleaning to refresh one's mood. I hope the sun shines bright for you as well!

You too! Enjoy your quiet time, there's nothing like some Spring cleaning to refresh one's mood. I hope the sun shines bright for you as well!
Enjoy the peaceful solitude and the satisfying feeling of an organized space after your spring cleaning! And hopefully, the sun will make a nice appearance to brighten up your day. :):)

Enjoy the peaceful solitude and the satisfying feeling of an organized space after your spring cleaning! And hopefully, the sun will make a nice appearance to brighten up your day. :):)
Haha thank you! Likewise, have a fantastic weekend ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu