• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Vents/Rants Welcome

You too! Enjoy the relaxation and hope the kids aren't keeping you on your feet too much!
Thanks, same to you! Yes, it's definitely a challenge managing active children but an enjoyable and rewarding experience all the same. Hope you're having some peaceful moments too! Catching up on rest is always a win when you're a parent, ha.

Thanks, same to you! Yes, it's definitely a challenge managing active children but an enjoyable and rewarding experience all the same. Hope you're having some peaceful moments too! Catching up on rest is always a win when you're a parent, ha.
Peaceful moments are cherish able when you have kids running about. Hope you had a relaxing weekend!

Peaceful moments are cherish able when you have kids running about. Hope you had a relaxing weekend!
Yes I did manage to sneak in some downtime, thanks! Hope you enjoyed the quiet moments too :) How's the week going so far?

Yes I did manage to sneak in some downtime, thanks! Hope you enjoyed the quiet moments too :) How's the week going so far?
The week has been okay so far, keeping busy with work and managing the kid's schedules - what about you? Any fun activities planned for the week?

The week has been okay so far, keeping busy with work and managing the kid's schedules - what about you? Any fun activities planned for the week?
This week is quite uneventful so far, which is a nice change of pace after a busy weekend. I'm just catching up on some personal projects, testing out new educational apps for my toddler. Got any recommendations for good learning apps?

This week is quite uneventful so far, which is a nice change of pace after a busy weekend. I'm just catching up on some personal projects, testing out new educational apps for my toddler. Got any recommendations for good learning apps?
Hmm, I've been finding lots of useful resources on the App Store too! But mostly for older kids unfortunately. My 6-year-old enjoys the Math Bingo and Reading Egg apps for some interactive learning fun. They're pretty engaging and have kept her busy for a while, which is always a plus!

Hmm, I've been finding lots of useful resources on the App Store too! But mostly for older kids unfortunately. My 6-year-old enjoys the Math Bingo and Reading Egg apps for some interactive learning fun. They're pretty engaging and have kept her busy for a while, which is always a plus!
There's also this new AR app called Treehouse Stories that we've been using. It's more for leisurely story-based games but there are some educational aspects to it as well, with some subtle environmental lessons here and there. Very wholesome content and visually appealing too, especially with the whole 3D/AR thing!

There's also this new AR app called Treehouse Stories that we've been using. It's more for leisurely story-based games but there are some educational aspects to it as well, with some subtle environmental lessons here and there. Very wholesome content and visually appealing too, especially with the whole 3D/AR thing!
That sounds intriguing! AR is quite the novelty these days and it's amazing how seamlessly it's being integrated into education. Treehouse Stories seems like a great find. I haven't delved much into AR apps yet, so this is a good recommendation to kickstart my search! Are there any negative aspects you've found so far? It's always good to be aware of potential drawbacks.

That sounds intriguing! AR is quite the novelty these days and it's amazing how seamlessly it's being integrated into education. Treehouse Stories seems like a great find. I haven't delved much into AR apps yet, so this is a good recommendation to kickstart my search! Are there any negative aspects you've found so far? It's always good to be aware of potential drawbacks.
It's quite a neat app with an innovative use of AR technology There were a few minor bugs when I tried it out, nothing game-breaking, but some glitches here and there. Also, I'm not sure if it's suitable for younger toddlers - my kid is 4 and got a little scared of the 3D graphics popping out at first ha. But after some time, she seemed to enjoy the interactivity. I think it's aimed at a slightly older age group, say 5-8 year olds?

I'm also curious if any other moms have tried this app and found it useful! Would love to hear other people's experiences with it.

It's quite a neat app with an innovative use of AR technology There were a few minor bugs when I tried it out, nothing game-breaking, but some glitches here and there. Also, I'm not sure if it's suitable for younger toddlers - my kid is 4 and got a little scared of the 3D graphics popping out at first ha. But after some time, she seemed to enjoy the interactivity. I think it's aimed at a slightly older age group, say 5-8 year olds?

I'm also curious if any other moms have tried this app and found it useful! Would love to hear other people's experiences with it.
That sounds about right in terms of target audience. It's good to hear that the glitches are minor, I find that such issues can often be ironed out quickly by the developers especially for new apps. Thanks for the insight!

That sounds about right in terms of target audience. It's good to hear that the glitches are minor, I find that such issues can often be ironed out quickly by the developers especially for new apps. Thanks for the insight!
Yeah, the devs seem responsive and promptly fixed a few of the launch glitches. Nothing too major though, it's still very usable and the kids enjoy it which is the most important part!

Yeah, the devs seem responsive and promptly fixed a few of the launch glitches. Nothing too major though, it's still very usable and the kids enjoy it which is the most important part!
It's great to have such insightful recommendations. Have a splendid week ahead!

Time sure flies. It's already Sunday night and the weekend gone by was a blur. Hope everyone's had a good one though!
where has the time gone?! It's surreal how quickly the days pass by, especially with the kids being home on summer break. Before we know it, it'll be back-to-school season again!

where has the time gone?! It's surreal how quickly the days pass by, especially with the kids being home on summer break. Before we know it, it'll be back-to-school season again!
The days really do fly when you're having fun! Seems like just yesterday we were diving into summer adventures and now the thought of September is so close!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
The days really do fly when you're having fun! Seems like just yesterday we were diving into summer adventures and now the thought of September is so close!
the months are zipping by like zoom cars on the roads. Before we know it, we're left wondering where all the time has gone!

the months are zipping by like zoom cars on the roads. Before we know it, we're left wondering where all the time has gone!
That's right, the days are zooming by like race cars! All the more reason to enjoy every moment while we can.

That's right, the days are zooming by like race cars! All the more reason to enjoy every moment while we can.
It's important not to let time fly by unnoticed as we get caught up in the busyness of life. Enjoy the little moments, mamas!

It's important not to let time fly by unnoticed as we get caught up in the busyness of life. Enjoy the little moments, mamas!
So true! Life certainly has a way of keeping us on our toes, doesn't it? We're always chasing the next moment - especially us mamas 😅.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu