• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToysBooks

I had a stuffed doll named Emily that I carted around everywhere - she even had her own special seatbelt in the car. My mum grew so tired of hearing me beg for her that she started to call her "Annoying Emily". By the time I outgrew her, Emily had one glass eye and a stitched-up face from numerous operations.

No camping trips for me; my favourite book was a tattered copy of Little Women that I never grew tired of reading. Each daughter in the story felt so real to me, probably because my mum would assign each character to different family members when she read it to us.
That's endearing how Emily had her own seatbelt and how your mother would incorporate your siblings into the *Little Women* story, assigning each character to them! It's these little personal touches that make childhood memories so precious.

Dr.Seuss is a classic! The rhythm and rhyme scheme of his works are so fun to read aloud. My kids love Green Eggs and Ham and The Lorax too!
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss and his wacky characters? The man could really spin words into magical tales.Green Eggs and Ham is a favorite in our household, with its quirky rhythm and surprise ending.

Dr.Seuss is a classic! The rhythm and rhyme scheme of his works are so fun to read aloud. My kids love Green Eggs and Ham and The Lorax too!
Yes, Dr. Seuss's books are timeless and rhythmic and make reading fun for kids. The silliness and fantasy world help spark young imaginations! The Lorax is an all-time favourite with its cute characters and meaningful message about environmental protection.

Dr. Seuss is awesome! His rhythmic and whacky poetry certainly makes reading fun. My kids also enjoyed his books, especially Hop on Pop. The lyrics your dad added must have made it extra special and memorble.
My children enjoyed the interactive nature of *There's a Wocket in my Pocket* ** and *Fox in Sox*, all those silly tongue twisters!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Yes, Dr. Seuss's books are timeless! I also enjoyed reading them when I was young, especially *The Cat in the Hat*. The absurdity of the story and the imaginative illustrations were so captivating. They're definitely great reads for young children that encourage a love for literature. The rhythm and rhyme make it memorable and fun for kids to join in too.

Yes, Dr. Seuss is undoubtedly a legend; his imaginative stories and quirky characters captivate young readers. 'Green Eggs and Ham' has that enchanting rhythm that makes it a delightful read. It's a fun challenge trying to master the fast-paced language flow of these stories. The Lorax is an cute yet impactful story with an important message about conservation - a great teachable moment for little ones!

Dr. Seuss is awesome! His rhythmic and whacky poetry certainly makes reading fun. My kids also enjoyed his books, especially Hop on Pop. The lyrics your dad added must have made it extra special and memorble.
theWhimsical and imaginative world of Dr. Seuss has delighted many generations! Hop on Pop sure is a bouncy read.Have you considered some of Julia Donaldson's work? She's got some really lovely rhythm and rhyme stories too, with great illustrations.

those are wonderful memories. Back to the simple times when our biggest worries were footloose Pikachus and lost eyes and seams that needed sewing! As we grow older, don't you think it's those childhood memories that make us appreciate the innocence of youth?

The whimsical illustrations surely leave an impression on kids, sparking their imagination beyond the pages of the book. It's lovely how some stories can create such wonderful memories.

My mom never understood the appeal of Dr.Seuss. She thought his stories were nonsense, which they are, but they also have a certain quirky charm that's perfect for kid readers. As an adult, I can appreciate the subtle wordplay and creative use of language in his works.

Dr.Seuss is fun to read The rhymes and whimsical plots are entertaining for the little ones.
My toy companion was a bright blue stuffed unicorn named Skyla. She had a graceful rainbow mane and matching horn which shone in the dark due to the star stickers attached all over them. As I grew older, my mum sewed on various accessories to match whatever theme I was obsessing over: beads, sparkly fabrics, and even little pom-poms! As for books, I devoured the Harry Potter series like most kids my age. I remember being completely immersed in the magical world and imagining myself as a young witch attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The mysteries and adventures kept me hooked from the very first book!

Dr.Seuss is fun to read The rhymes and whimsical plots are entertaining for the little ones.
the imaginative illustrations alongside the funny stories keep the children engaged and entertained. Dr. Seuss's books have withstood the test of time for good reason! They're visually captivating even for adults.

I never went in for those fancy, expensive plush toys. My son had a whole menagerie of animal soft toys, most of which I bought at dollar stores. He didn't differentiate between them and had no favourite either. Tossed them all into the toy bucket and was happy to play with whichever one happened to be on top. Books? He devoured them but wasn't fussy about the stories or begged to read any particular titles over and over again. The kid just loved books, that's it. At one stage, he was into Captain Underpants and anything by Roald Dahl, but that wasn't an everyday thing.
Different kids enjoy different things! It's lovely when they have a varied interest in toys and books.

I never went in for those fancy, expensive plush toys. My son had a whole menagerie of animal soft toys, most of which I bought at dollar stores. He didn't differentiate between them and had no favourite either. Tossed them all into the toy bucket and was happy to play with whichever one happened to be on top. Books? He devoured them but wasn't fussy about the stories or begged to read any particular titles over and over again. The kid just loved books, that's it. At one stage, he was into Captain Underpants and anything by Roald Dahl, but that wasn't an everyday thing.
Some kids are just easygoing! It's wonderful that your son doesn't differentiate between his toys; a true sign of not being picky.

Your son seemed unbothered by the flood of toys in the market and was content with whatever toys he had! It's wonderful that he didn't let brand or looks decide his enjoyment; it's the experience that matters. Roald Dahl sure has some entertaining stories; his books are still enjoyed by many kids until today.

Some kids are just easygoing! It's wonderful that he's so unparticular yet still loves his toys and books. Dahl's stories are certainly kid-friendly with a good dose of quirkiness. It's great that your son enjoys reading; many children struggle with it.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu