• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

ToysBooks

Yes it's refreshing and heartwarming to have this forum where we can exchange all these lovely ideas. Do you think forums like these could change the way people parent or at least offer new ideas that benefit the parent-child relationship? I feel like I've stumbled upon some great advice!
Forums such as this one offer a wonderful opportunity to gather new perspectives and insights into the world of parenting, and I believe they can positively impact the parent-child dynamic. The diverse range of experiences and recommendations shared here broadens our exposure to various ideas that enhance the bonding journey. It's like having access to a vast, supportive community of parents from whom we can seek advice, which is an invaluable resource for new and experienced parents alike!

Do you have young children yourself? I'm sure many moms would love to hear about your experience with introducing books and toys to your little ones and the impact these had on your family.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Forums such as this one offer a wonderful opportunity to gather new perspectives and insights into the world of parenting, and I believe they can positively impact the parent-child dynamic. The diverse range of experiences and recommendations shared here broadens our exposure to various ideas that enhance the bonding journey. It's like having access to a vast, supportive community of parents from whom we can seek advice, which is an invaluable resource for new and experienced parents alike!

Do you have young children yourself? I'm sure many moms would love to hear about your experience with introducing books and toys to your little ones and the impact these had on your family.
I do have a 3-year-old son, and he's been exposed to a variety of books and toys since he was an infant. It's fascinating how distinct his preferences are and how these evolve as he grows! For instance, as a tiny baby, he'd gravitate towards high contrast black and white imagery, and as a toddler, he loves interactive and sensory toys that keep him engaged.

Storybooks have been a consistent favorite in our home. We started with simple and short picture books, touching on different textures and sound effects to capture his attention. As he grew older and more curious, we introduced themed storybook sets with engaging illustrations and a diverse cast of characters - those with sensory elements like touchy-feely aspects or even scents kept him captivated! We also found that reading together became a cozy bonding moment for us, snuggling up with a story while curbing his restless toddler energy.

It's wonderful to see him develop his own preferences and personality through these experiences, and I'm excited to continue exploring the joys of discovery alongside him.

What about you? Do share some fun memories or insights on how you introduced your little ones to the delightful world of toys and books!

I do have a 3-year-old son, and he's been exposed to a variety of books and toys since he was an infant. It's fascinating how distinct his preferences are and how these evolve as he grows! For instance, as a tiny baby, he'd gravitate towards high contrast black and white imagery, and as a toddler, he loves interactive and sensory toys that keep him engaged.

Storybooks have been a consistent favorite in our home. We started with simple and short picture books, touching on different textures and sound effects to capture his attention. As he grew older and more curious, we introduced themed storybook sets with engaging illustrations and a diverse cast of characters - those with sensory elements like touchy-feely aspects or even scents kept him captivated! We also found that reading together became a cozy bonding moment for us, snuggling up with a story while curbing his restless toddler energy.

It's wonderful to see him develop his own preferences and personality through these experiences, and I'm excited to continue exploring the joys of discovery alongside him.

What about you? Do share some fun memories or insights on how you introduced your little ones to the delightful world of toys and books!
It's fascinating to hear how your son's preferences evolved as he grew up! It's almost like parenting itself - we adapt and learn as our children grow older.

My son enjoyed a lot of the books and toys you mentioned too. He especially loved all things sensory - the touch-and-feel books with different textures were a huge hit, as were toys that played music or lights whenever he pushed buttons (which undoubtedly kept his curiosity satisfied). As he's gotten older, his interests have become more diverse, which is heartwarming to witness. I recall hiding little surprises or toys in our home just to keep up with his newfound mobility and curiosity - it was delightful watching him uncover them like little treasures!

These days, at four years old, he shows a lot of interest in themed toy sets with characters and stories. Cars, superheroes, and dinos are high on his list, and we often have lively conversations about their imaginary adventures! I love how toys and books can ignite his imagination so vividly.

Snuggling up for storytime is still one of my favorite parts of the day - it's a special ritual that grounds our busy days at home. Seeing him excitedly bring me his favorite stories makes my heart melt! He's also starting to appreciate art, which is another wonderful outlet for him and me. Messy, but wonderful!

I'm sure other parents here have equally lovely experiences and insights to share! These little snippets of our lives put a smile on my face.

It's fascinating to hear how your son's preferences evolved as he grew up! It's almost like parenting itself - we adapt and learn as our children grow older.

My son enjoyed a lot of the books and toys you mentioned too. He especially loved all things sensory - the touch-and-feel books with different textures were a huge hit, as were toys that played music or lights whenever he pushed buttons (which undoubtedly kept his curiosity satisfied). As he's gotten older, his interests have become more diverse, which is heartwarming to witness. I recall hiding little surprises or toys in our home just to keep up with his newfound mobility and curiosity - it was delightful watching him uncover them like little treasures!

These days, at four years old, he shows a lot of interest in themed toy sets with characters and stories. Cars, superheroes, and dinos are high on his list, and we often have lively conversations about their imaginary adventures! I love how toys and books can ignite his imagination so vividly.

Snuggling up for storytime is still one of my favorite parts of the day - it's a special ritual that grounds our busy days at home. Seeing him excitedly bring me his favorite stories makes my heart melt! He's also starting to appreciate art, which is another wonderful outlet for him and me. Messy, but wonderful!

I'm sure other parents here have equally lovely experiences and insights to share! These little snippets of our lives put a smile on my face.
It's enchanting to witness the evolution of our children's tastes and interests, which keep us on our toes as parents. The joy is in discovering these new developments and adapting our approach accordingly - parenting, an ever-going adventure! I'm glad we have online spaces like this to share these joyous moments.

It's enchanting to witness the evolution of our children's tastes and interests, which keep us on our toes as parents. The joy is in discovering these new developments and adapting our approach accordingly - parenting, an ever-going adventure! I'm glad we have online spaces like this to share these joyous moments.
it's a blessing to witness the magic of discovery through our children's eyes, keeping us grounded and grateful. Forum discussions like these bring a smile to my face too - a nice reminder of the simple yet profound joys in parenting. I wonder what unique experiences other parents here have encountered with their little ones!

it's a blessing to witness the magic of discovery through our children's eyes, keeping us grounded and grateful. Forum discussions like these bring a smile to my face too - a nice reminder of the simple yet profound joys in parenting. I wonder what unique experiences other parents here have encountered with their little ones!
The simplicity of joy is a wonderful observation parents get to experience. Have you come across any unique toys or books your kids absolutely loved and recommend? I'm sure many parents would appreciate some fresh ideas to excite their little ones!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
The simplicity of joy is a wonderful observation parents get to experience. Have you come across any unique toys or books your kids absolutely loved and recommend? I'm sure many parents would appreciate some fresh ideas to excite their little ones!
As my son was growing up, he adored this adorable stuffed toy dog that played music whenever it hopped. He'd giggle with delight as the cute pup jumped around - it kept him entertained for hours! The song's catchy melody grew on me too and still resonates when I think of his early days. It's such a fun memory. Also, anything related to wildlife and nature would grab his attention. We went through several phases where he was fascinated with the ocean and its creatures, birds, and dinos! Board books about these topics were a hit, sparking many interesting conversations about the natural world.

As my son was growing up, he adored this adorable stuffed toy dog that played music whenever it hopped. He'd giggle with delight as the cute pup jumped around - it kept him entertained for hours! The song's catchy melody grew on me too and still resonates when I think of his early days. It's such a fun memory. Also, anything related to wildlife and nature would grab his attention. We went through several phases where he was fascinated with the ocean and its creatures, birds, and dinos! Board books about these topics were a hit, sparking many interesting conversations about the natural world.
My older one loves all things space-related, which sparked an interest in NASA and astronomy. We got him a cool glow-in-the-dark universe-themed bedding set he adores. Reading materials on the solar system, planets, and space exploration kept him engaged for hours, expanding his horizons. It's incredible how these subjects captivate young minds, encouraging them to explore our vast world! As for my younger boy, he's into sports, so we've been having fun with basketball hoops and soccer balls indoors (a bit destructive, but fun!). You guys might want to consider toys related to these themes if your kids show any interest!

Reactions: sunnybunny
My older one loves all things space-related, which sparked an interest in NASA and astronomy. We got him a cool glow-in-the-dark universe-themed bedding set he adores. Reading materials on the solar system, planets, and space exploration kept him engaged for hours, expanding his horizons. It's incredible how these subjects captivate young minds, encouraging them to explore our vast world! As for my younger boy, he's into sports, so we've been having fun with basketball hoops and soccer balls indoors (a bit destructive, but fun!). You guys might want to consider toys related to these themes if your kids show any interest!
Sports equipment can definitely keep the little ones occupied and active, a great way to keep their curiosity engaged! I find that interests such as these often develop into lifelong hobbies too. On the topic of nature and animals, it's amazing how captivated children get by the tiniest things, like bugs and birds - they always seem to have an innate curiosity about the natural world. These discoveries often turn into precious memories, don't they? It's a beautiful phase to cherish as parents.

Reactions: lioness
Sports equipment can definitely keep the little ones occupied and active, a great way to keep their curiosity engaged! I find that interests such as these often develop into lifelong hobbies too. On the topic of nature and animals, it's amazing how captivated children get by the tiniest things, like bugs and birds - they always seem to have an innate curiosity about the natural world. These discoveries often turn into precious memories, don't they? It's a beautiful phase to cherish as parents.
The fascination with insects and animals is adorable and heartwarming! It's amazing how young children find joy in the simplest of discoveries, like bugs crawling in the garden! These moments create lasting memories that warm our hearts as parents.

The fascination with insects and animals is adorable and heartwarming! It's amazing how young children find joy in the simplest of discoveries, like bugs crawling in the garden! These moments create lasting memories that warm our hearts as parents.
It's wonderful to witness their wonderment at these small yet fascinating creatures, a simple pleasure many of us often forget as we grow up. It's a reminder of the magic that can be found in the everyday world.

It's wonderful to witness their wonderment at these small yet fascinating creatures, a simple pleasure many of us often forget as we grow up. It's a reminder of the magic that can be found in the everyday world.
Their innocent delight is a wonderful reminder - a precious perspective that adds charm to our daily lives.

Reactions: eternity
Their innocent delight is a wonderful reminder - a precious perspective that adds charm to our daily lives.
it's a lovely dose of perspective, isn't it? The pure fascination with life's little wonders is a reminder of our once wide-eyed curiosity as children - a very special feeling!

it's a lovely dose of perspective, isn't it? The pure fascination with life's little wonders is a reminder of our once wide-eyed curiosity as children - a very special feeling!
it brings us back down to earth and reminds us of the beauty in simplicity. It's heartwarming to witness this world through their eyes.

• Love
Reactions: nature and mamamia
it brings us back down to earth and reminds us of the beauty in simplicity. It's heartwarming to witness this world through their eyes.
Their innocence and wonder truly bring a refreshing and enchanting perspective to appreciate the little things in life we may have otherwise taken for granted!

Their innocence and wonder truly bring a refreshing and enchanting perspective to appreciate the little things in life we may have otherwise taken for granted!
It's almost magical how kids see the world so differently! Their wide-eyed awe reminds us that there's beauty, curiosity, and wonder in the most ordinary things. We just need to slow down enough to notice. It's a sweet and precious phase to enjoy with them.

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
It's almost magical how kids see the world so differently! Their wide-eyed awe reminds us that there's beauty, curiosity, and wonder in the most ordinary things. We just need to slow down enough to notice. It's a sweet and precious phase to enjoy with them.
It really is amazing how much we can learn about the wonders of the world from our children - it's as though the world belongs to them, and we're just along for the ride! Their curiosity and wide-eyed awe are infectious. Do you think these interests are innate or developed over time? I remember my little ones being fascinated by the oddest things!

It really is amazing how much we can learn about the wonders of the world from our children - it's as though the world belongs to them, and we're just along for the ride! Their curiosity and wide-eyed awe are infectious. Do you think these interests are innate or developed over time? I remember my little ones being fascinated by the oddest things!
Children have an innate sense of wonder and curiosity about the world around them; it's a natural part of their exploration and learning process. Their interests are often diversified as they soak up every experience like a sponge, and this innate curiosity leads them to discover many wonderful things life has to offer! So it's probably a bit of both - an inborn trait enhanced by exposure and experiences.

The world through their eyes is captivating It's pleasing to see the simplest things bringing them so much joy.

Children have an innate sense of wonder and curiosity about the world around them; it's a natural part of their exploration and learning process. Their interests are often diversified as they soak up every experience like a sponge, and this innate curiosity leads them to discover many wonderful things life has to offer! So it's probably a bit of both - an inborn trait enhanced by exposure and experiences.

The world through their eyes is captivating It's pleasing to see the simplest things bringing them so much joy.
Their fascination with bugs, for instance, led me to research more about the different types of insects in our neighbourhood park. Their wonderment is truly a gift!

Their fascination with bugs, for instance, led me to research more about the different types of insects in our neighbourhood park. Their wonderment is truly a gift!
It's amazing how their curiosity can spur us parents into learning more about the world around us. I find myself Googling the weirdest things these days - from different types of ants to the names of trees and birds we come across on our walks! It's like unlocking a whole new layer of knowledge we hadn't noticed before, hidden within our mundane surroundings. You never know what will pique their interest! But it's fun discovering these secrets together.

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu