• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toys & Books Love

My older son swears by The Very Hungry Caterpillar and his stuffed animal, Eric Carle's hungry caterpillar plush toy. He calls them his "sleeping buddies" and refuses to part with either one at bedtime. As for my younger kid, he's obsessed with anything Batman, especially the LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes The Batmobile: The Penguin Chase 76139 building kit and the corresponding graphic novel. He likes feeling like a superhero while constructing his own batmobile!
That's so cute how your kids have their special toy-book combos for bedtime! My son also had a phase where he slept with his favourite story characters; it's so adorable when they form such strong attachments.

Lego and comics are a fun combination to keep the excitement going, quite a popular combo it seems!

My older son swears by The Very Hungry Caterpillar and his stuffed animal, Eric Carle's hungry caterpillar plush toy. He calls them his "sleeping buddies" and refuses to part with either one at bedtime. As for my younger kid, he's obsessed with anything Batman, especially the LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes The Batmobile: The Penguin Chase 76139 building kit and the corresponding graphic novel. He likes feeling like a superhero while constructing his own batmobile!
That's adorable that your son has sleeping buddies! And cool that the younger one enjoys a good toy-book combo involving one of the most famous superheroes. Batman never gets old, eh?

I'm pleased to join in on the fun!

My little one is obsessed with his wooden train set, especially the bright red steam engine, which he has affectionately named Rodney (don't ask me how that name came about; it remains a mystery!). Anyway, Rodney's adventures are much more enjoyable with the brilliant book, *The Little Engine That Could*. It's an adorable story about a determined little train engine that takes us on so many fun journeys. The illustrations are endearing, and the message about perseverance is a great one for little ones (and a good reminder for us adults too!).

The train set provides the perfect playmate for Rodney's adventures, and my son often sets up little tracks around the living room, creating his own mountains and tunnels for Rodney to chug through. It's adorable to see him use his imagination like that!
That's a lovely combo! It's so adorable when they bestow names on their beloved toys; it makes them so much more special : ) The Little Engine That Could is such a cute story, a classic tale with a wonderful message Glad your little one enjoys it so much!

My little one is obsessed with his wooden train set, especially the bright red steam engine, which he has affectionately named Rodney (don't ask me how that name came about; it remains a mystery!). Anyway, Rodney's adventures are much more enjoyable with the brilliant book, *The Little Engine That Could*. It's an adorable story about a determined little train engine that takes us on so many fun journeys. The illustrations are endearing, and the message about perseverance is a great one for little ones (and a good reminder for us adults too!).

The train set provides the perfect playmate for Rodney's adventures, and my son often sets up little tracks around the living room, creating his own mountains and tunnels for Rodney to chug through. It's adorable to see him use his imagination like that!
It's so wholesome hearing about your kid's cherished toys and book combos! I'm curious - what're some of the most creative names other kids have given their toys? seems like quite the trend now!

So heartwarming to hear how your little one forms such dear attachments to his toys! It's really lovely when they create these special bonds and personalise their playtime experiences 😊. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a great companion to his wooden train set! The story's message of determination is inspiring and very relatable for the little ones.

That's such a cute combo! I love it when toys have personalities; it really brings them to life for little ones. The Little Engine That Could is a classic, a firm favorite that stands the test of time!

That wooden train set sounds like a great toy! My kids love anything that encourages hands-on, imaginative play. *The Little Engine That Could* seems like a wonderful story too, teaching little ones about determination and resilience. I like how you describe the illustrations--I can almost visualize the charming scenes!

My girl has a soft toy giraffe that she's super attached to. It's amazing how that one toy has sparked so much interest in anything giraffes! We've since bought her a few books about giraffes, and she loves them all - especially *Giraffes Can't Dance* by Giles Andreae. The rhyming words and fun illustrations make it a joy to read, and the story's message about finding your talent is a lovely one. She often 'dances' along with the awkward giraffe, bending her knees to try her own 'giraffe moves'. Too cute!

My little one absolutely adores her stuffed toys and has this cute little unicorn which she calls " Rainbow". So many stories have featured this magical horned creature, but her favorite is "A Magic Rainbow Dream" It's a wonderful book that takes kids on a journey to a fantasy world filled with colorful rainbows and whimsical characters. She begging for a pet unicorn now though...that's gonna be a hard no from me!

What's your kid's favorite toy/book combo?
My boy loves his stuffed toys too, particularly a fluffy monkey that goes by the name of bananas (yes, original name I know!). He used to enjoy the classic *Corduroy* with this fluffy companion, as they went on their own adventures exploring the city together. The book's cute illustrations and the story of Corduroy's antics in the department store brought the whole experience to life for my boy, especially with his cuddly monkey by his side.

My kids also love The Little Engine That Could, it's such a heartwarming story! We don't have a train set though, that sounds like a wonderful addition to the book. Perhaps I should get my daughter one for her next birthday!

My toddler has a soft toy dog that she calls "Pup-Pup." She got it as a present when she was born, and it's become her favorite snuggle buddy. Pup-Pup even has his own wardrobe, including clothes and hats!

Pairing it with *Corduroy*, the story of a cute bear looking for a home, is a natural match. It's heartwarming to witness how my daughter cuddles up with her furry friend while I read about Corduroy's adventures finding a loving family. The book's message of acceptance and belonging resonates so well with the comforting presence of a much-loved toy.

It's charming how kids become so attached to their toys and give them unique personalities! Adorable how Rodney's mystery name has become a special part of your son's playtime adventures.

It's lovely how toys and stories can spark our kids' imaginations! My kid also had a phase where he enjoyed arranging obstacles for his train tracks :) .

My daughter also has a soft toy which she's attached to - it's a pink bunny named Honey. She treats it as her 'baby' and brings it along everywhere, including storytime! Honey became especially cuddly after the introduction of *Guess How Much I Love You*, a heartwarming tale about a little nutbrown hare and its mum. The expressions of love in the book are just so endearing, and my daughter loves to hug Honey close throughout each reading.

My little one absolutely adores her stuffed toys and has this cute little unicorn which she calls " Rainbow". So many stories have featured this magical horned creature, but her favorite is "A Magic Rainbow Dream" It's a wonderful book that takes kids on a journey to a fantasy world filled with colorful rainbows and whimsical characters. She begging for a pet unicorn now though...that's gonna be a hard no from me!

Stuffed toys seem to be a common favourite amongst the little ones! My son also has a beloved plushie, a cute dog named Fluffy that he sleeps with every night. It's so heartwarming to see how attached he's become to it. He also loves the book * Corduroy*, about a cute bear and his adventures in the department store, searching for a missing button.

Fluffy goes on many an adventure with Corduroy, snuggling up at bedtime or joining in the fun when my son acts out the story. The bear's message of determination and courage speaks volumes to the little ones, encouraging them to explore the world fearlessly!

That's a cute name, Rainbow, quite fitting for a unicorn! My son had this annoying stuffed bear he brought everywhere, which he luckily outgrew. Thankfully, it didn't have any literary inspiration; otherwise, I would've gone crazy from the repetitiveness of bear-themed books.

I'm glad you asked about my kid's favorite combo because it's quite an amusing one! He's got this silly blow-up pumpkin toy that talks and makes silly noises. It's suppose to be scary but the absurdity of it makes us laugh more than anything. Anyway, the best book to go with this goofy pumpkin is *The Day the Monsters Lost Their Frowns* - a funny, rhyming story about monsters who can't help but laugh and have fun despite their fierce appearances. The silly drawings and catchy words go well with the talking pumpkin gadget, which has brought us many hours of laughter. My son enjoys making up his own scary stories to match the whacky pictures in the book.

That's a wonderful combo your daughter has there, especially with the cooking toys accompanying the storybooks!

*The Very Hungry Caterpillar* is a timeless classic that most kids enjoy; the vivid illustrations certainly leave a memorable impression on little ones. It's adorable when toddlers act out their favorite stories and bring them to life through play.
There's something extra special about toy and book combinations that immerse children in a whimsical world. It's great to see kids create their own narratives and interact with their favorite characters during playtime.

That's a wonderful combo your daughter has there, especially with the cooking toys accompanying the storybooks!

*The Very Hungry Caterpillar* is a timeless classic that most kids enjoy; the vivid illustrations certainly leave a memorable impression on little ones. It's adorable when toddlers act out their favorite stories and bring them to life through play.
it's heartwarming to see how immersed she is in her culinary adventures, especially with *The Very Hungry Caterpillar*, a timeless classic that never fails to delight! The vibrant illustrations certainly leave a mark on the little ones.

That's right! It's amazing how young children bring stories alive with their toys and creative play. The simplest stories can become so engaging with a bit of imagination. *The Very Hungry Caterpillar* seems like a popular choice among the little ones - it's charming and visually captivating

Are there any other book and toy combos that parents want to share? The recommendations are always helpful, especially with birthday ideas around the corner!

it's heartwarming to see children immersing themselves in these imaginative worlds! The wooden train set with *The Little Engine That Could* sounds like a delightful and wholesome combo, creating a captivating experience for your little one. It's a joy to witness kids developing their creative side through such playtime adventures.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu