• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

You're spot on! Making mealtime fun definitely helps the cause. Toddlers can be finicky - anything to keep 'em engaged and interested is a win!
It's a good strategy to divert their attention away from tantrum tendencies too.

Reactions: travelmum
Having a supportive community makes parenting so much easier! In fact, I'm grateful for this platform to connect with fellow parents and exchange valuable tips like these. Toddlers are certainly little characters with big personalities, making parenting an interesting adventure. It's nice to celebrate the little wins along the way, like succeeding in getting our kids to eat right!
It's heartening to see many moms here chiming in with their experiences and insights - a great discussion indeed!

Reactions: wisdom and joyful
It's heartening to hear of other parents' victories over the picky eating phase. Here's to hoping our collective insights can help others!
Picky eaters can be a challenge that many of us encounter, and it's reassuring to know that persistence and creativity can overcome these hurdles eventually. There's so much to learn from one another!

It's heartening to hear of other parents' victories over the picky eating phase. Here's to hoping our collective insights can help others!
it's a joy to witness how our little ones navigate their way through the intricacies of taste and texture--especially when it involves lots of perseverance and patience on our end as parents!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
it's a relief to know that most toddlers eventually outgrow this phase with some sensible parenting and patience. Let's keep the good vibes and helpful tips coming!

The ambiance and atmosphere can really set the tone for how enjoyable mealtimes are. It's a lovely thought to think that we can create wonderful memories around food for our little ones too!
Creating those pleasant dining experiences is surely one of the more enjoyable aspects of parenting, isn't it? The giggles, messes, and memorable moments around the high chair can make all the stresses melt away.

My older one loves her fruits and veggies - thank goodness someone in the family is not fussy! She goes crazy for cucumbers, carrots and celery sticks - which makes me happy as these are portable, convenient and healthy options for her. For dips, hummus is a favorite, and she also likes yoghurt-based dips - we make it exciting with different flavors like strawberry and mango. I also hide veggies in meals creatively - grated carrots and beets in pancakes, for instance, or sneaking some spinach into smoothies.
That's smart - hiding veggies in their favourite food is a clever way to get them to eat healthily! My toddler would usually detect any impostors in his food, but I'll give your suggestions a shot!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and bookworm
It's beneficial to have a pleasant dining experience as it helps our toddlers develop their taste buds and encourages curiosity about different foods, which is important when they are so unwilling to cooperate! Your meal preparation skills and patience surely play a huge role in shaping their palates!
We're all doing our best to make mealtimes memorable and enjoyable lessons for our little ones! It's great that you found what works for your little one.

That's right! Setting the right mood can make all the difference in getting our toddlers to open up to new foods and sensations. Mealtimes are bonding sessions too, so the happier everyone is around the dinner table, the better the experience for all!
Creating fun memories around food definitely sets the ball rolling for a positive relationship with food as they grow up. I try to make mealtimes enjoyable by including my children in simple food preparation like washing veggies or fruits, or setting the table - keeps them excited about the meal ahead. Also, serving meals in cute and colorful bowls and plates helps! For fussy eaters, it might just be the incentive needed. ;)

the journey of parenthood is full of surprises, and no amount of preparation can equip us for all eventualities. Each phase has its unique difficulties, but having a supportive community to lean on definitely makes the journey easier.
I agree that parenthood has so many phases and each one comes with new challenges! You never really know what to expect!

True; each parenting journey is unique, but it's reassuring to find common ground and lessons learned from one another's experiences, especially when dealing with daily struggles like toddler nutrition! It takes a village, as they say.
Parenting totes! And what better way than to leverage the insights shared by experienced parents like yourselves! It's comforting to know that many fussy eater phases are temporary and that there are so many creative ways to entice little palates.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and luciana
I've learnt to never assume anything is a one-off situation - especially with children around! Better to be prepared and armed with many strategies that could come in handy.
the key is to be prepared for anything and everything - a stash of emergency snacks always helps too!

My toddler has always been a fairly adventurous eater, and meal times tend to be relatively upbeat affairs, with plenty of encouragement and cheers for every successful new food adventure. We make it a point to keep the vibe light-hearted and enjoyable, which seems effective in keeping her interested and engaged.
That's great! Creating positive associations with food and mealtimes is so important for the little ones' development - a fun and inviting atmosphere goes a long way!

I agree that creating a pleasant dining atmosphere helps. And with each stage, there are different challenges - sometimes it's getting them to eat, and other times, slowing them down so we don't have a messy situation on our hands!

I'm glad that the forum has been helpful in gaining insights into navigating toddlerhood! It definitely takes some collective wisdom to tackle this phase.
Parenting Toddlers can be tricky, and we all seek different ways to encourage healthy eating. This thread has been full of great advice on nuturing little ones!

Reactions: wellness
Picky eaters can be a challenge that many of us encounter, and it's reassuring to know that persistence and creativity can overcome these hurdles eventually. There's so much to learn from one another!
Yes, it's encouraging to see the variety of experiences shared here - the good, the bad, and everything in between! Each story helps shape our perspective and prepares us for the adventures that lie ahead. Parenting is a wild ride, but with each other's support, we're bound to come out better equipped.

I've learnt to never assume anything is a one-off situation - especially with children around! Better to be prepared and armed with many strategies that could come in handy.
It's the uncertainty - totally agreed! Having some go-to, healthy options up our sleeves could really help when dealing with unpredictable toddler behaviour. Never know when those tips will come in handy!

You're right! The thing about kids is that they keep growing and developing, so we can't rest on our laurels as parents, always facing new challenges. It's a good thing this forum exists; we can all tap into each others' experiences and knowledge, especially on tricky topics like nutrition.

We're all doing our best to make mealtimes memorable and enjoyable lessons for our little ones! It's great that you found what works for your little one.
Your little one is lucky to have your culinary creativity and patience!

You're right! The thing about kids is that they keep growing and developing, so we can't rest on our laurels as parents, always facing new challenges. It's a good thing this forum exists; we can all tap into each others' experiences and knowledge, especially on tricky topics like nutrition.
As parent, there's only so much we can plan for! It's reassuring to have others to fall back on when the unpredictable happens.

• Love

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu