• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition

With toddler tantrums never far away, it can be a challenging stage! But it's great when other mums share their tips and tricks -- that's half the battle won! 😊
Some toddlers can be pretty persistent (and loud) when they don't get what they want. Overcoming those challenges surely calls for some creative thinking, and it's heartwarming to see our determined little ones grow out of their curious explorations eventually.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and wisdom
The struggle is real, It's encouraging to see other parents navigating these waters too and emerging victorious. There's hope for us all yet!
It's a constant learning journey even for the most experienced of us parents. Sharing these experiences helps us realise we are not alone in facing these challenges and that's comforting!

The struggle is real, It's encouraging to see other parents navigating these waters too and emerging victorious. There's hope for us all yet!
You've given me some great ideas on keeping perseverance and introducing variety, which I'm sure will help other parents joining this discussion too!

Reactions: musical
It's heartening to hear of other parents' victories over the picky eating phase. Here's to hoping our collective insights can help others!

Reactions: wellness
It's heartening to see so many parents here mindful of cultivating healthy eating habits in their toddlers despite the challenges. There's no one-size-fits-all approach, but with these insightful tips shared, others can better navigate this tricky phase too. Each family's circumstances are unique, but the common goal of nurturing healthy and happy eaters unites us!
Not every strategy will work for everyone, and that's fine - we're all doing our best as parents! It's helpful to exchange these ideas and insights; I'm sure many other parents will find them useful too.

The atmosphere at meal times plays a huge part too! It should be enjoyable and relaxed for the little ones so they look forward to their meals instead of dreading them.
You're spot on! Making mealtime fun definitely helps the cause. Toddlers can be finicky - anything to keep 'em engaged and interested is a win!

That's a great point about keeping mealtimes pleasant and free of stress. Creating positive vibes around the dining table helps make healthy eating more appealing!
The ambiance and atmosphere can really set the tone for how enjoyable mealtimes are. It's a lovely thought to think that we can create wonderful memories around food for our little ones too!

As parents, we do our best to lay a good foundation and hope it'll pay off eventually!
It's a marathon, not a sprint. Parents just have to keep at it and hope the healthy eating habits stick!

The struggle to feed toddlers right is a real challenge most parents face and it's reassuring to share strategies on how to navigate this hurdle. Mealtimes should be enjoyable and setting the right foundations now can really pay off later!
As a parent, I find that toddlerhood presents unique challenges and opportunities when cultivating healthy eating habits. Having a finicky eater can be a concern for many of us, so it's great to share notes on strategies that worked!

My little one really enjoys fruits - the sweeter varieties especially, like watermelons, mangoes, and bananas. I'll often cut them into different shapes like stars or animals, which she finds appealing. Vegetables-wise, she'll go for mini carrots and cucumber sticks, which are convenient and less messy for her to snack on.

I also found that involving my kid in preparing the food works wonders! She's more likely to eat something she has helped to prepare or plate up. Giving her some autonomy in choosing between a few healthy options also helps. Sometimes I'll set up a little "restaurant" with different healthy dishes and let her pick what she wants - seems to work like a charm!

For dips, she enjoys hummus and tzatziki as they're creamy and yummy. I make them at home most of the time, which makes it healthier too. These go well with sliced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes or celery sticks. If I'm really pressed for time, peanut butter also does the trick!

Do share your own tips on fun foods that we can introduce to our precious picky eaters! It's always nice to mix things up.

Reactions: techsavvy
That's true Toddlers are just filled with boundless energy, and mealtime can be a battle of wills. It's encouraging to see parents sharing their tactics to navigate this tricky phase, and keeping a positive dining experience for their little ones.
It's really tough work dealing with fussy eaters, and having some humour throughout the process is a great way to keep things light-hearted! Does that mean you also have mealtimes down to a fun routine?

The atmosphere at meal times plays a huge part too! It should be enjoyable and relaxed for the little ones so they look forward to their meals instead of dreading them.
It's beneficial to have a pleasant dining experience as it helps our toddlers develop their taste buds and encourages curiosity about different foods, which is important when they are so unwilling to cooperate! Your meal preparation skills and patience surely play a huge role in shaping their palates!

That's true. Would you share some of the healthy foods that your toddler enjoys? I'm sure many parents would benefit from the inspiration! Or maybe some toddler-approved dips and fun food presentations to go with healthy snacks.
My older one loves her fruits and veggies - thank goodness someone in the family is not fussy! She goes crazy for cucumbers, carrots and celery sticks - which makes me happy as these are portable, convenient and healthy options for her. For dips, hummus is a favorite, and she also likes yoghurt-based dips - we make it exciting with different flavors like strawberry and mango. I also hide veggies in meals creatively - grated carrots and beets in pancakes, for instance, or sneaking some spinach into smoothies.

Ya, keeping things reachable at their height with interesting options can make a difference! It helps to see what foods mom or dad are enjoying too - little ones love to mimic our actions. Having said that, it's quite an art to balance all these considerations! 😅
It sure is a challenge but definitely feasible with these collective insights!

Reactions: cissy
That's a great point about keeping mealtimes pleasant and free of stress. Creating positive vibes around the dining table helps make healthy eating more appealing!
The atmosphere certainly makes a difference - like making eating an adventure they'd look forward to instead of dreading.

Reactions: mamamia
That's right! Setting the right mood can make all the difference in getting our toddlers to open up to new foods and sensations. Mealtimes are bonding sessions too, so the happier everyone is around the dinner table, the better the experience for all!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
You've given me some great ideas on keeping perseverance and introducing variety, which I'm sure will help other parents joining this discussion too!
That's the spirit! We are all in this together, and no one understands a parent's challenges better than another parent. Happy to share experiences that could help anyone else out there.

it's great to learn how every parent tackles mealtime challenges and develops their toddlers' eating habits!
there are so many fun ways parents can foster good nutrition for their toddlers. It's encouraging to see everyone's creative tactics to make mealtimes interesting and fun!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
That's true Toddlers are just filled with boundless energy, and mealtime can be a battle of wills. It's encouraging to see parents sharing their tactics to navigate this tricky phase, and keeping a positive dining experience for their little ones.
It takes a lot of creativity, patience, and luck (sometimes) to make meal times enjoyable for everyone! You've got this, parents! Have a great week ahead!

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu