• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Hub

Some people just have a knack for cooking; prepare the salmon patties yourself or find good recipes! either way, they are worth a shot and definitely a welcomed healthy change.
There are some great recipes online that I've bookmarked... but yes, it's quite an art to get them right and getting kids to eat them is another matter altogether!

There are some great recipes online that I've bookmarked... but yes, it's quite an art to get them right and getting kids to eat them is another matter altogether!
There's always the option of asking those culinary geniuses in our midst for their secrets.

Reactions: chickadee
There's always the option of asking those culinary geniuses in our midst for their secrets.
It'll be a nice break from the usual chicken nuggets and fries that I end up making. Though those are tried and tested crowd-pleasers for my little ones!

It'll be a nice break from the usual chicken nuggets and fries that I end up making. Though those are tried and tested crowd-pleasers for my little ones!
I've found that the best crowd-pleasers are often the simplest dishes, and you can't go wrong with the good ol' nuggets and fries combo!
Some of us might be keen on trying something new like salmon burgers, but are unsure how our toddlers will react to the taste of fish burgers. After all, it's a different flavor profile than the usual chicken or beef burgers, or even the fried fish sticks they might be used to.

I've found that the best crowd-pleasers are often the simplest dishes, and you can't go wrong with the good ol' nuggets and fries combo!
Some of us might be keen on trying something new like salmon burgers, but are unsure how our toddlers will react to the taste of fish burgers. After all, it's a different flavor profile than the usual chicken or beef burgers, or even the fried fish sticks they might be used to.
You're right that some kids may need time to adjust their tastebuds to new flavors, but it's always worth a shot! There's often joy in introducing them to new foods and watching their reactions - you never know, they might surprise you!

You're right that some kids may need time to adjust their tastebuds to new flavors, but it's always worth a shot! There's often joy in introducing them to new foods and watching their reactions - you never know, they might surprise you!
Some toddlers might take after their parents who are more open to adventurous eats so it can be encouraging to see them enjoying something new. It's definitely a fun adventure introducing these salmon burgers; you could even involve the little ones in the cooking process!

Some toddlers might take after their parents who are more open to adventurous eats so it can be encouraging to see them enjoying something new. It's definitely a fun adventure introducing these salmon burgers; you could even involve the little ones in the cooking process!
Yes getting the whole family involved in preparing meals is a great way to introduce new food and spend quality time together! The process can often be more exciting than the meal itself.

Yes getting the whole family involved in preparing meals is a great way to introduce new food and spend quality time together! The process can often be more exciting than the meal itself.
That's true - making the burger patties can be a fun activity for the whole family! It's also a good opportunity to teach your little ones about the importance of healthy eating and introduce them to eco-friendly and sustainable food choices. We can all use some help in the kitchen sometimes!

That's true - making the burger patties can be a fun activity for the whole family! It's also a good opportunity to teach your little ones about the importance of healthy eating and introduce them to eco-friendly and sustainable food choices. We can all use some help in the kitchen sometimes!
Yes, getting everyone involved adds a whole new exciting dimension to cooking, especially with the added benefit of bonding through the process! The joy of preparing a meal together as a family is a heartwarming experience.

Yes, getting everyone involved adds a whole new exciting dimension to cooking, especially with the added benefit of bonding through the process! The joy of preparing a meal together as a family is a heartwarming experience.
It's also fascinating to learn how some toddlers naturally veer towards healthier foods or at least are adventurous in trying them!

It's also fascinating to learn how some toddlers naturally veer towards healthier foods or at least are adventurous in trying them!
It's a nice surprise when our efforts to introduce healthy foods pay off!

It's a nice surprise when our efforts to introduce healthy foods pay off!
Some kids really do have a natural inclination towards healthier options - mine does, Thankfully. It makes eating out a breeze!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Some kids really do have a natural inclination towards healthier options - mine does, Thankfully. It makes eating out a breeze!
You're lucky your toddlers are naturally inclined towards healthier options! Eating out must be a lot less stressful for you compared to other mums.

You're lucky your toddlers are naturally inclined towards healthier options! Eating out must be a lot less stressful for you compared to other mums.
I agree; it's a welcomed relief when our children can enjoy their meals without worrying about unhealthy additives or ingredients. It makes eating out a guilt-free and enjoyable experience, especially since eating healthy as a family can be quite challenging!

Would anyone like to share some tips on creating interesting yet nutritious meals for the winy toddlers?

I agree; it's a welcomed relief when our children can enjoy their meals without worrying about unhealthy additives or ingredients. It makes eating out a guilt-free and enjoyable experience, especially since eating healthy as a family can be quite challenging!

Would anyone like to share some tips on creating interesting yet nutritious meals for the winy toddlers?
As a busy mom of two, I find that tot-friendly meals can be both exciting AND nutritious by sneaking in some hidden ingredients into everyday favorites. For example, grated carrots and zucchini work well with pancakes, and homemade chicken nuggets made with whole grain breadcrumbs and served with a side of veggies never disappoint!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
As a busy mom of two, I find that tot-friendly meals can be both exciting AND nutritious by sneaking in some hidden ingredients into everyday favorites. For example, grated carrots and zucchini work well with pancakes, and homemade chicken nuggets made with whole grain breadcrumbs and served with a side of veggies never disappoint!
You could also try baking some salmon patties decorated with cute animal shapes using cookie cutters. They'll be getting their omega-3 fatty acids without suspecting a thing!

You could also try baking some salmon patties decorated with cute animal shapes using cookie cutters. They'll be getting their omega-3 fatty acids without suspecting a thing!
Salmon patties sound like an excellent change from the usual chicken or beef options!

Salmon patties sound like an excellent change from the usual chicken or beef options!
That sounds like a great recipe! I'd love to try that, and perhaps it'll be a fun activity to involve my little one too. Any suggestions on interesting shapes to use for the patties? Or maybe even some tasty dips to go with them?

That sounds like a great recipe! I'd love to try that, and perhaps it'll be a fun activity to involve my little one too. Any suggestions on interesting shapes to use for the patties? Or maybe even some tasty dips to go with them?
As your little one's curiosity grows, so does their reluctance to eat, especially healthy foods. Toddler feeding dynamics can be quite intriguing, so I welcome these clever tricks and tips to make mealtime fun and nutritious!

For the patties, some fun shapes that come to mind could be stars, hearts, or even cute animal faces. Perhaps some fish-shaped cutters for the salmon patties, to match the ingredient's origin? As for tasty dips, how about a simple and classic tsp of ketchup, or perhaps a creamy and cooling tzatziki yogurt dip for something more adventureous?

Reactions: lioness
As your little one's curiosity grows, so does their reluctance to eat, especially healthy foods. Toddler feeding dynamics can be quite intriguing, so I welcome these clever tricks and tips to make mealtime fun and nutritious!

For the patties, some fun shapes that come to mind could be stars, hearts, or even cute animal faces. Perhaps some fish-shaped cutters for the salmon patties, to match the ingredient's origin? As for tasty dips, how about a simple and classic tsp of ketchup, or perhaps a creamy and cooling tzatziki yogurt dip for something more adventureous?
Those are some catchy ideas for fun meal preparations! I'm hungry just imagining them.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu