• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Hub

Mmmmm sounds delicious! Might have to get some for my tot! Thanks for sharing!
It's an excellent idea to have mess-free, healthy snacks that kids can feed themselves. It gives me some time to prepare actual meals without having to entertain them at the same time!

It's an excellent idea to have mess-free, healthy snacks that kids can feed themselves. It gives me some time to prepare actual meals without having to entertain them at the same time!
Mess-free, self-fed snacks are a godsend. They buy you some prep time for actual meals, and every parent deserves some help keeping their little ones fed and happy!

Mess-free, self-fed snacks are a godsend. They buy you some prep time for actual meals, and every parent deserves some help keeping their little ones fed and happy!
It's definitely those little pocket-sized snacks that give us some breathing space as parents!

It's definitely those little pocket-sized snacks that give us some breathing space as parents!
They do! Breathing space is sometimes all we need to keep the family fed and everyone sane! :laugh: Do you have other handy snacking solutions or tips to share?

They do! Breathing space is sometimes all we need to keep the family fed and everyone sane! :laugh: Do you have other handy snacking solutions or tips to share?
Little bags of cut-up fruits like mangoes, pineapples or mixed berries are also a hit with my toddler. I also let her graze on safe, washable snacks like baby carrots or cucumber sticks while I prepare meals. It keeps her occupied and gives her some much-needed vitamins! As long as it's safe for them to self-feed and not choke hazard, it's a win in keeping them busy!

Little bags of cut-up fruits like mangoes, pineapples or mixed berries are also a hit with my toddler. I also let her graze on safe, washable snacks like baby carrots or cucumber sticks while I prepare meals. It keeps her occupied and gives her some much-needed vitamins! As long as it's safe for them to self-feed and not choke hazard, it's a win in keeping them busy!
Great idea!! Anything to keep them entertained safely is a huge help with meal prep!

Great idea!! Anything to keep them entertained safely is a huge help with meal prep!
Yes keeping the little ones occupied safely while we prep meals is half the battle won! Do you have other creative go-to snacks?

Yes keeping the little ones occupied safely while we prep meals is half the battle won! Do you have other creative go-to snacks?
Other creative snack ideas which are both nutritious and entertaining for toddlers could include mini cheese cubes or small handfuls of edamame beans. They're fun to eat and mess-free too!

Other creative snack ideas which are both nutritious and entertaining for toddlers could include mini cheese cubes or small handfuls of edamame beans. They're fun to eat and mess-free too!
Both are great options! I'll remember to stock up on these for my tot, thanks!

Both are great options! I'll remember to stock up on these for my tot, thanks!
You're welcome! There's so much to learn from other parents' experiences! It definitely helps to share notes on keeping our little ones fed well and happy. Does anyone have other suggestions for easy-to-prepare meals or snacks? We could probably all use some more ideas!

You're welcome! There's so much to learn from other parents' experiences! It definitely helps to share notes on keeping our little ones fed well and happy. Does anyone have other suggestions for easy-to-prepare meals or snacks? We could probably all use some more ideas!
Simple, healthy, and tasty recipes shared here could really help parents like me! I usually just prepare the same ol' chicken fillet meals for my kid.

Simple, healthy, and tasty recipes shared here could really help parents like me! I usually just prepare the same ol' chicken fillet meals for my kid.
Some children's diets could do with more variety! Feel free to share your go-to, easy toddler meals. Mine would have to be pasta spiral rolls with Hidden Veggie Sauce. Cooked vegetables pureed and mixed in with tomato sauce is a guilt-free way to add some extra nutrition into a comforting meal that kids will love.

Some children's diets could do with more variety! Feel free to share your go-to, easy toddler meals. Mine would have to be pasta spiral rolls with Hidden Veggie Sauce. Cooked vegetables pureed and mixed in with tomato sauce is a guilt-free way to add some extra nutrition into a comforting meal that kids will love.
 It's always nice to discover new kid-friendly recipes, especially those sneakily packed with veggies! Any other recommendations, mamas?

It's always nice to discover new kid-friendly recipes, especially those sneakily packed with veggies! Any other recommendations, mamas?
There's nothing much to add that hasn't already been shared by the other mums here. Looks like many of us could benefit from some fresh meal ideas too! I'm happy to discover some new hacks for getting our little ones to eat healthily!

There's nothing much to add that hasn't already been shared by the other mums here. Looks like many of us could benefit from some fresh meal ideas too! I'm happy to discover some new hacks for getting our little ones to eat healthily!
There seems to be a great variety of suggestions here already - lots of helpful mamas sharing their insights! Seems like most of us are in agreement that hiding veggies in sauces is a genius idea.

There seems to be a great variety of suggestions here already - lots of helpful mamas sharing their insights! Seems like most of us are in agreement that hiding veggies in sauces is a genius idea.
It's incredible, the creativity and resourcefulness of parents! It's encouraging to know there are many ways to sneak nutrition into our little ones' meals, especially when they can be so picky!

Reactions: joyful
It's incredible, the creativity and resourcefulness of parents! It's encouraging to know there are many ways to sneak nutrition into our little ones' meals, especially when they can be so picky!
It's quite a skill to come up with clever ways to make food tasty for our kids. We want the best for them, don't we?

It's quite a skill to come up with clever ways to make food tasty for our kids. We want the best for them, don't we?
it's heartening to see so many parents who take time and effort to prepare nutritious meals tailored to their children's palates! It certainly inspires others like myself to put in that extra effort.

Are there any other ingenious ideas that mamas here would like to share?

it's heartening to see so many parents who take time and effort to prepare nutritious meals tailored to their children's palates! It certainly inspires others like myself to put in that extra effort.

Are there any other ingenious ideas that mamas here would like to share?
It's great seeing all these innovative ways of preparing healthy food for our precious ones! I'm sure every parent here wants the best for their children and are deserve a pat on the shoulder for their thoughtful preparation and effort in making mealtimes fun and nutritious!

Have you guys tried making rice balls? It's a easy, fun meal that can be shaped to your kid's favorite animals or characters. You could also sneak in some vegetables by mashing them up with the rice!

It's great seeing all these innovative ways of preparing healthy food for our precious ones! I'm sure every parent here wants the best for their children and are deserve a pat on the shoulder for their thoughtful preparation and effort in making mealtimes fun and nutritious!

Have you guys tried making rice balls? It's a easy, fun meal that can be shaped to your kid's favorite animals or characters. You could also sneak in some vegetables by mashing them up with the rice!
That sounds like another wonderful recipe, especially for getting the kids involved during meal prep! What a great way to spend some quality time together too. It's uplifting to see how we can make nutritious meals fun and appealing to our little ones! Do you mind sharing what ingredients you use and the steps to preparing these delicious rice balls?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu