• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddlers' Nutrition Hub

That sounds like another wonderful recipe, especially for getting the kids involved during meal prep! What a great way to spend some quality time together too. It's uplifting to see how we can make nutritious meals fun and appealing to our little ones! Do you mind sharing what ingredients you use and the steps to preparing these delicious rice balls?
Sure! I like to keep it simple. Just cook some rice and boil/steam your choice of veggies (carrots, pumpkins, peas, or spinach are some of my go-tos) and mash them up together. Then shape the mixture into ball shapes - you could use cookie cutters for extra fun shapes. Coat them with bread crumbs and bake until crispy!

Sure! I like to keep it simple. Just cook some rice and boil/steam your choice of veggies (carrots, pumpkins, peas, or spinach are some of my go-tos) and mash them up together. Then shape the mixture into ball shapes - you could use cookie cutters for extra fun shapes. Coat them with bread crumbs and bake until crispy!
That's awesome, chickadee! Crispy rice balls sound like a tasty, crunchy delight that toddlers would enjoy. I love how baking keeps it healthier, plus the subtle vegetable taste must make it nutritious too. Yums all around!

Do you usually serve them as a main meal or more as a snack?

Reactions: wisdom
That's awesome, chickadee! Crispy rice balls sound like a tasty, crunchy delight that toddlers would enjoy. I love how baking keeps it healthier, plus the subtle vegetable taste must make it nutritious too. Yums all around!

Do you usually serve them as a main meal or more as a snack?
Those crispy rice balls are versatile! They work well as a fun and filling snack, but can also be served as a side dish or even as a lunch dish. They're substantially filling with the rice and veggies!

Those crispy rice balls are versatile! They work well as a fun and filling snack, but can also be served as a side dish or even as a lunch dish. They're substantially filling with the rice and veggies!
That's fantastic to know that they can be a versatile dish - snacking, appetiser or even a quick one-dish meal all in one! What a handy recipe to have, thanks for sharing the idea, chickadee!

I'm curious - has anyone tried frozen fruits/vegetables in these rice balls?

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
That's fantastic to know that they can be a versatile dish - snacking, appetiser or even a quick one-dish meal all in one! What a handy recipe to have, thanks for sharing the idea, chickadee!

I'm curious - has anyone tried frozen fruits/vegetables in these rice balls?
frozen vegetables are a great way to save time and effort in preparing these crispy treats! it's amazing how their distinct flavours can still come through even after baking. i have used frozen spinach before and the taste was wonderful, almost like eating a savory cookie! i'm tempted to try using frozen bananas too, straight up mashed into the rice or pureed first. has anyone else experimented with this?

frozen vegetables are a great way to save time and effort in preparing these crispy treats! it's amazing how their distinct flavours can still come through even after baking. i have used frozen spinach before and the taste was wonderful, almost like eating a savory cookie! i'm tempted to try using frozen bananas too, straight up mashed into the rice or pureed first. has anyone else experimented with this?
I have yet to venture into using frozen fruits, but that sounds like an interesting addition to try! I'm envisioning it could work well with mashed bananas or even pineapple chunks. The natural sweetness of the fruits might eliminate the need for extra seasoning too.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I have yet to venture into using frozen fruits, but that sounds like an interesting addition to try! I'm envisioning it could work well with mashed bananas or even pineapple chunks. The natural sweetness of the fruits might eliminate the need for extra seasoning too.
The possible combinations are endless! Have you guys thought of adding some herbs or spices to jazz up the flavors further?

The possible combinations are endless! Have you guys thought of adding some herbs or spices to jazz up the flavors further?
Herbs and spices can be a fun way to introduce new flavours to our little ones. I usually stick to the classics like garlic and onions for added aroma and taste, but have yet to dare venture into strong herbs like rosemary or thyme haha! Have you tried any interesting combinations that your toddler loves?

Herbs and spices can be a fun way to introduce new flavours to our little ones. I usually stick to the classics like garlic and onions for added aroma and taste, but have yet to dare venture into strong herbs like rosemary or thyme haha! Have you tried any interesting combinations that your toddler loves?
I experiment with different herb and spice combinations depending on the theme of the meal. For Italian-inspired meals, I'd go for basil and oregano; a pinch of turmeric and coriander powder gives it a nice kick for a rice ball with an Asian flair. I'm yet to find my toddler's spice tolerance, so I usually keep them mild, but he seems to enjoy the variety of flavours!

I experiment with different herb and spice combinations depending on the theme of the meal. For Italian-inspired meals, I'd go for basil and oregano; a pinch of turmeric and coriander powder gives it a nice kick for a rice ball with an Asian flair. I'm yet to find my toddler's spice tolerance, so I usually keep them mild, but he seems to enjoy the variety of flavours!
The herb and spice combinations sound delicious! It's amazing how you can create different themed meals with these rice balls.

It's great that your tot has an adventurous palate - keeping meals exciting from young!

Reactions: stargazer
The herb and spice combinations sound delicious! It's amazing how you can create different themed meals with these rice balls.

It's great that your tot has an adventurous palate - keeping meals exciting from young!
It's fun exposing our palate buds to different flavors especially when they're young! Toddlerhood is such a curious stage, and I'm finding more joy in coming up with creative ways to nourish mine.

It's fun exposing our palate buds to different flavors especially when they're young! Toddlerhood is such a curious stage, and I'm finding more joy in coming up with creative ways to nourish mine.
And it's so heartening to see them enjoy the foods we present, even if it's just for the novelty! It's like opening a whole new world of tastes for them.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
And it's so heartening to see them enjoy the foods we present, even if it's just for the novelty! It's like opening a whole new world of tastes for them.
That's true! Children are so curious and it's enjoyable introducing them to new flavours and textures, watching their reactions. Mine had a funny reaction the first time she tried lemon; she made the cutest sour face but kept coming back for more! haha.

That's true! Children are so curious and it's enjoyable introducing them to new flavours and textures, watching their reactions. Mine had a funny reaction the first time she tried lemon; she made the cutest sour face but kept coming back for more! haha.
It's adorable to witness our toddlers experiencing new foods and flavours. Their expressions can be quite entertaining!

It's adorable to witness our toddlers experiencing new foods and flavours. Their expressions can be quite entertaining!
It surely is adorable, almost like watching an animation, seeing their eyes light up or scrunching their faces in response to unfamiliar flavors. They are such little food critics! It sure makes the effort put into preparing these healthy treats so worthwhile.

It surely is adorable, almost like watching an animation, seeing their eyes light up or scrunching their faces in response to unfamiliar flavors. They are such little food critics! It sure makes the effort put into preparing these healthy treats so worthwhile.
Yep, our kids can be our best critics - no holding back with them! Their honesty sure keeps us on our toes, cooking up something scrumptious.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
Yep, our kids can be our best critics - no holding back with them! Their honesty sure keeps us on our toes, cooking up something scrumptious.
They're also quick to let us know when they don't like something, haha. Have a great weekend, everyone! Hope your little ones are enjoying the fruits of your nutritious labour! 😊

Reactions: nature
They're also quick to let us know when they don't like something, haha. Have a great weekend, everyone! Hope your little ones are enjoying the fruits of your nutritious labour! 😊
Have a great weekend ahead, filled with fun and relaxation! May your little ones keep their picky eating habits at bay this weekend and enjoy all the nutritious goodies you've prepared for them.

Have a great weekend ahead, filled with fun and relaxation! May your little ones keep their picky eating habits at bay this weekend and enjoy all the nutritious goodies you've prepared for them.
The variety of flavours and themes we can introduce to our toddlers through food is exciting! It's delightful to witness their curiosity and interest in exploring new tastes. Have a fantastic weekend!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
The variety of flavours and themes we can introduce to our toddlers through food is exciting! It's delightful to witness their curiosity and interest in exploring new tastes. Have a fantastic weekend!
You too, keep those creative culinary juices flowing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu