• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Tip Talk

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Start with the good stuff! Share your favorite time-saving tips, and let's fill this thread with handy shortcuts, smart strategies, and life hacks to make our days more manageable. Whether it's a nifty kitchen trick or a clever organization solution, spill the beans and help us all gain some precious minutes back in our lives. Let the tip talk begin!

Start with the good stuff! Share your favorite time-saving tips, and let's fill this thread with handy shortcuts, smart strategies, and life hacks to make our days more manageable. Whether it's a nifty kitchen trick or a clever organization solution, spill the beans and help us all gain some precious minutes back in our lives. Let the tip talk begin!
An easy one first, especially for mamas who are always running short on time in the mornings: prepare your coffee the night before! Just pour your desired amount of coffee into a reusable cup, add some hot water, and let it steep while you prepare everything else. In the morning, give it a good stir, and you'll have a delicious brewed coffee without the fuss. This also saves you from potentially burning the coffee or forgetting about it on the stove!

An easy one first, especially for mamas who are always running short on time in the mornings: prepare your coffee the night before! Just pour your desired amount of coffee into a reusable cup, add some hot water, and let it steep while you prepare everything else. In the morning, give it a good stir, and you'll have a delicious brewed coffee without the fuss. This also saves you from potentially burning the coffee or forgetting about it on the stove!
I rely on my slow cooker for time-saving especially for days when I am out running errands with the kids. Coming home to the aromatic smell of dinner ready is such a relief! No fuss, just throw in all the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, and set it to cook at low heat. My creamy potato soup and beef stew recipe are family favorites and practically cook themselves. Mmm... now I'm getting hungry just imagining them!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I rely on my slow cooker for time-saving especially for days when I am out running errands with the kids. Coming home to the aromatic smell of dinner ready is such a relief! No fuss, just throw in all the ingredients in the crockpot in the morning, and set it to cook at low heat. My creamy potato soup and beef stew recipe are family favorites and practically cook themselves. Mmm... now I'm getting hungry just imagining them!
Another kitchen hack which is a real time-saver for me is using my food processor. Chopping vegetables can be a breeze with this machine - just throw in the veggies, lock the lid, and voila! No more tedious slicing and dicing. It's especially helpful when preparing meals with lots of ingredients, like stir-fry or salad. It also saves space in the long run because you won't need multiple choppers/slicers for different veggies.

Another kitchen hack which is a real time-saver for me is using my food processor. Chopping vegetables can be a breeze with this machine - just throw in the veggies, lock the lid, and voila! No more tedious slicing and dicing. It's especially helpful when preparing meals with lots of ingredients, like stir-fry or salad. It also saves space in the long run because you won't need multiple choppers/slicers for different veggies.
Another tip which helps me stay ahead of grocery crowds is to keep a well-stocked pantry. I make sure to have staple foods and essentials that we use regularly stocked up, so I can quickly prepare meals without having to rush to the supermarket every other day. This comes in handy especially when you're caught off guard with unexpected guests or a sudden craving for comfort food! It's also beneficial to have a few easy, go-to recipes up your sleeve for such situations.

Another tip which helps me stay ahead of grocery crowds is to keep a well-stocked pantry. I make sure to have staple foods and essentials that we use regularly stocked up, so I can quickly prepare meals without having to rush to the supermarket every other day. This comes in handy especially when you're caught off guard with unexpected guests or a sudden craving for comfort food! It's also beneficial to have a few easy, go-to recipes up your sleeve for such situations.
Pantry stockpiling is a great tip! Another small but mighty tip is something I like to call the 'three-minute trick'. It's amazing how much can be accomplished in just three minutes! Whether it's sorting through the mail, unloading the dishwasher, or quickly wiping down surfaces, setting a timer and focusing on a small task adds up and saves time in the long run. You'd be surprised at what you can achieve in that short window. It also helps to break down more daunting tasks into manageable chunks.

Pantry stockpiling is a great tip! Another small but mighty tip is something I like to call the 'three-minute trick'. It's amazing how much can be accomplished in just three minutes! Whether it's sorting through the mail, unloading the dishwasher, or quickly wiping down surfaces, setting a timer and focusing on a small task adds up and saves time in the long run. You'd be surprised at what you can achieve in that short window. It also helps to break down more daunting tasks into manageable chunks.
Another thing that really helps me is setting up text alerts for bills so I never miss a payment and get penalized with late fees!

Another thing that really helps me is setting up text alerts for bills so I never miss a payment and get penalized with late fees!
That's a smart way to stay on top of your payments! No more last-minute dashes to the post office or late night online payments.

That's a smart way to stay on top of your payments! No more last-minute dashes to the post office or late night online payments.
Little habits like this go a long way! Keeping a tiny notepad and pen by your bedside also helps in jotting down quick reminders before you dash out or whenever inspiration strikes, so you don't forget anything. It saves me from those frustrating moments of drawing a blank when you're trying to remember that 'one thing'!

Little habits like this go a long way! Keeping a tiny notepad and pen by your bedside also helps in jotting down quick reminders before you dash out or whenever inspiration strikes, so you don't forget anything. It saves me from those frustrating moments of drawing a blank when you're trying to remember that 'one thing'!
It's these little things that make a difference! Any other handy tricks you all swear by?

It's these little things that make a difference! Any other handy tricks you all swear by?
For me, it's voice notes! I use the voice recording function on my phone to dictate quick reminders, grocery lists, or even jot down ideas when my hands are full or I'm doing something that requires attention. I find it easier than fumbling for a pen and paper or booting up my laptop. I just have to remember to transcribe them later!

For me, it's voice notes! I use the voice recording function on my phone to dictate quick reminders, grocery lists, or even jot down ideas when my hands are full or I'm doing something that requires attention. I find it easier than fumbling for a pen and paper or booting up my laptop. I just have to remember to transcribe them later!
I'm also a fan of voice notes, though sometimes I forget to check them till much later! They're definitely handy when your hands are full or you're focused on another task.

I'm also a fan of voice notes, though sometimes I forget to check them till much later! They're definitely handy when your hands are full or you're focused on another task.
Hah! Yes, that's the only drawback I've found too. Sometimes, I forget to review my voice memos until I'm cleaning out my phone weeks later. But they're a good, quick fix nevertheless!

Hah! Yes, that's the only drawback I've found too. Sometimes, I forget to review my voice memos until I'm cleaning out my phone weeks later. But they're a good, quick fix nevertheless!
Yeah, I can't blame you there! It's pretty easy to miss out on some important ones too.

Yeah, I can't blame you there! It's pretty easy to miss out on some important ones too.
The digital sticky note on the home screen has also been a savior for those who are forgetful! It's right in your face so it's harder to miss and works as a constant visual reminder.

The digital sticky note on the home screen has also been a savior for those who are forgetful! It's right in your face so it's harder to miss and works as a constant visual reminder.
That's true! A digital helper especially for us absentminded folks.

That's true! A digital helper especially for us absentminded folks.
There's no harm in adding extra help where we can get it! What other tips do you guys have for keeping track of all the little things?

There's no harm in adding extra help where we can get it! What other tips do you guys have for keeping track of all the little things?
Digital or not, I find that a good old checklist on paper is still effective, though I don't recommend this if you're always on the move. For me, visually seeing tasks physically checked off gives me a sense of achievement and helps me remember.

Digital or not, I find that a good old checklist on paper is still effective, though I don't recommend this if you're always on the move. For me, visually seeing tasks physically checked off gives me a sense of achievement and helps me remember.
I'm also old school like you, wisdom! There's satisfaction in ticking off items on a physical checklist. I use this method for meal prepping too so I don't forget to pack certain ingredients or steps.

Reactions: doctormama
I'm also old school like you, wisdom! There's satisfaction in ticking off items on a physical checklist. I use this method for meal prepping too so I don't forget to pack certain ingredients or steps.
I find that making several smaller, categorized lists helps as well, especially when preparing meals, packing for a trip, or arranging groceries!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu