• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

Indoor camping does sound like fun! May have to borrow that idea from your teacher friend! Any other suggestions would be most welcome! 😊
There's no end to imaginative parenting hacks! Keep the ideas coming, mums!

There's no end to imaginative parenting hacks! Keep the ideas coming, mums!
I once ran a little art workshop at home for my daughter and her cousins. I set up a small station with simple materials like colored paper, scissors, glue and asked them to create vision boards. It kept them occupied and was lots of fun for them as they cut and pasted their favorite things onto the board. Quite an easy and manageable activity, especially if you have a range of ages among the kids, and a good way to tap into their creativity!

I once ran a little art workshop at home for my daughter and her cousins. I set up a small station with simple materials like colored paper, scissors, glue and asked them to create vision boards. It kept them occupied and was lots of fun for them as they cut and pasted their favorite things onto the board. Quite an easy and manageable activity, especially if you have a range of ages among the kids, and a good way to tap into their creativity!
That's an awesome idea! I'm sure the cousins had so much fun together too. Activities that encourage creativity are the best because they often occupy the kids for longer hours. Do share any more nature-based, hands-on activities you think of!

That's an awesome idea! I'm sure the cousins had so much fun together too. Activities that encourage creativity are the best because they often occupy the kids for longer hours. Do share any more nature-based, hands-on activities you think of!
It's amazing how these simple activities can go a long way in keeping children engaged, isn't it? I have a feeling many parents will appreciate your suggestions!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
It's amazing how these simple activities can go a long way in keeping children engaged, isn't it? I have a feeling many parents will appreciate your suggestions!
Humble as they come, these little tricks are gems discovered through trial and error. It's rewarding to see our children learn and have fun with activities we initiate, especially amidst the plethora of screen options available nowadays.

Humble as they come, these little tricks are gems discovered through trial and error. It's rewarding to see our children learn and have fun with activities we initiate, especially amidst the plethora of screen options available nowadays.
Yes! With so many technological distractions these days, it is refreshing to discover ways to occupy our kids with simple, hands-on activities that foster their creativity and imagination. It feels like a small victory for fellow parents like myself who want to raise well-rounded individuals. :p Do share any more fun life hacks you ladies come across!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Yes! With so many technological distractions these days, it is refreshing to discover ways to occupy our kids with simple, hands-on activities that foster their creativity and imagination. It feels like a small victory for fellow parents like myself who want to raise well-rounded individuals. :p Do share any more fun life hacks you ladies come across!
With young kids, time flies by so quickly! It's amazing how much can be done with simple resources to create memorable experiences and learn new skills. I'm keen to hear about low prep/messy activities too as they are usually a hit with the toddlers!

With young kids, time flies by so quickly! It's amazing how much can be done with simple resources to create memorable experiences and learn new skills. I'm keen to hear about low prep/messy activities too as they are usually a hit with the toddlers!
Most definitely! Life hacks involving minimal preparation work are every tired parent's dream come true. I once heard of a ' Schatzí Box' which is basically a treasure box filled with simple sensory objects like colored popcorn, dry pasta, buttons etc. The idea is to keep the toddler occupied and their senses engaged while keeping things exciting with different textures to touch and explore! It's a messy activity but with minimal prep work, and the mess can be contained in one box which is a huge plus for easy clean up too!

Most definitely! Life hacks involving minimal preparation work are every tired parent's dream come true. I once heard of a ' Schatzí Box' which is basically a treasure box filled with simple sensory objects like colored popcorn, dry pasta, buttons etc. The idea is to keep the toddler occupied and their senses engaged while keeping things exciting with different textures to touch and explore! It's a messy activity but with minimal prep work, and the mess can be contained in one box which is a huge plus for easy clean up too!
Sensory boxes are brilliant! They're almost like a modern-day alternative to the good ol' sensory bins we grew up with, minus the sandcastles and seashells haha. Popcorn and pasta sure do make for interesting textures--I can almost hear the "ooh"'s and "ahh"'s already ;P.

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Sensory boxes are brilliant! They're almost like a modern-day alternative to the good ol' sensory bins we grew up with, minus the sandcastles and seashells haha. Popcorn and pasta sure do make for interesting textures--I can almost hear the "ooh"'s and "ahh"'s already ;P.
That's a clever idea to keep toddlers entertained and their curious hands occupied! What other sensory experiences do you ladies have up your sleeves? :D

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
That's a clever idea to keep toddlers entertained and their curious hands occupied! What other sensory experiences do you ladies have up your sleeves? :D
I love hearing about these innovative ways to keep kids engaged. As a parent, it can be tricky to come up with new ideas, so this thread has been insightful!

I haven't got any other sensory hacks unfortunately but I'd love to hear if anyone has any more suggestions because my toolkit could do with some revamping!

I love hearing about these innovative ways to keep kids engaged. As a parent, it can be tricky to come up with new ideas, so this thread has been insightful!

I haven't got any other sensory hacks unfortunately but I'd love to hear if anyone has any more suggestions because my toolkit could do with some revamping!
There are always the good old playdough and sand art. Otherwise, for something messier, a backyard camp out could help with some star gazing and s'mores!

There are always the good old playdough and sand art. Otherwise, for something messier, a backyard camp out could help with some star gazing and s'mores!
I have been loving all these hands-on and sensory activity suggestions! As much as screen time is an easy go-to, it's heartening to know that there are so many other simple yet fun options to occupy our kids.
Keep the ideas coming, everyone! It's like a little vault of gold for parents desperately seeking new inspiration! :D

I have been loving all these hands-on and sensory activity suggestions! As much as screen time is an easy go-to, it's heartening to know that there are so many other simple yet fun options to occupy our kids.
Keep the ideas coming, everyone! It's like a little vault of gold for parents desperately seeking new inspiration! :D
Simple and fun activities often leave the most impression on children as they explore and learn about the world through play. It's been fascinating to read everyone's suggestions and see how creative we can get without needing fancy toys or electronics!

Simple and fun activities often leave the most impression on children as they explore and learn about the world through play. It's been fascinating to read everyone's suggestions and see how creative we can get without needing fancy toys or electronics!
it is amazing to discover how many simple yet meaningful activities there are that can help our children learn and have fun at the same time! Even as they grow older and become more independent, I've been trying to introduce little life hacks to optimize our family's time together - from meal prep hacks like making large portions of freezable meals, to scheduling and time management tips so we can make the most out of our quality time together!

it is amazing to discover how many simple yet meaningful activities there are that can help our children learn and have fun at the same time! Even as they grow older and become more independent, I've been trying to introduce little life hacks to optimize our family's time together - from meal prep hacks like making large portions of freezable meals, to scheduling and time management tips so we can make the most out of our quality time together!
Meal prep is a great way to save time and energy later! Planning meals ahead of time can also help with grocery shopping and reducing food wastage, which is a big win environmentally!

Meal prep is a great way to save time and energy later! Planning meals ahead of time can also help with grocery shopping and reducing food wastage, which is a big win environmentally!
That's a very sustainable approach to meal planning! I usually end up doing the cooking for my family since my mom works weekends, and I've found that using reusable storage bags for portions of meats and marinated vegetables helps me prepare ahead of time. That way, when it's cooking time, it's simply a matter of throwing things into the pan or pot!

That's a very sustainable approach to meal planning! I usually end up doing the cooking for my family since my mom works weekends, and I've found that using reusable storage bags for portions of meats and marinated vegetables helps me prepare ahead of time. That way, when it's cooking time, it's simply a matter of throwing things into the pan or pot!
Reusable storage bags are a great idea! They help with meal preparation and reduce plastic waste too. I also like how they make ingredients easily accessible without needing additional preparation.

Reusable storage bags are a great idea! They help with meal preparation and reduce plastic waste too. I also like how they make ingredients easily accessible without needing additional preparation.
they come in handy especially for busy moms like you who still want to provide a home-cooked meal for the family without rushing last minute. It's great that they help with reducing plastic waste as well!

they come in handy especially for busy moms like you who still want to provide a home-cooked meal for the family without rushing last minute. It's great that they help with reducing plastic waste as well!
It's amazing how these small efforts can add up to make a difference environmentally! I try my best to contribute to the zero-waste movement, even if it's just in some small ways like using those reusable storage bags.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu