• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

As a parent, I'm always on the lookout for imaginative ways to make parenting easier and fun. Do share more of these creative life hacks you mums have discovered!
Life can be so much easier (and fun!) with these innovative parenting strategies! I find that having a dedicated 'creativity basket' full of art supplies also helps to keep little hands busy. You'd be surprised how long they can entertain themselves with some cardboard, coloured pens and glue! It's a convenient go-to when you need some time to prep meals or finish up some pending work.

Do any of you parents have other tested strategies?

Life can be so much easier (and fun!) with these innovative parenting strategies! I find that having a dedicated 'creativity basket' full of art supplies also helps to keep little hands busy. You'd be surprised how long they can entertain themselves with some cardboard, coloured pens and glue! It's a convenient go-to when you need some time to prep meals or finish up some pending work.

Do any of you parents have other tested strategies?
Having a well-stocked arts and crafts kit is always a fantastic idea! I've also heard of people using a sensory bin; it's essentially a large tub filled with various textures like pasta, beans, or sand for children to explore. It keeps them occupied for hours!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Having a well-stocked arts and crafts kit is always a fantastic idea! I've also heard of people using a sensory bin; it's essentially a large tub filled with various textures like pasta, beans, or sand for children to explore. It keeps them occupied for hours!
I've used a sensory bin with themes such as a sea/beach day, winter snowday or a space-themed sensory bin that spark imagination. My toddlers loved it and it kept them busy while I did some workout sessions nearby. Good old Play-Doh is another classic which never fails to entertain and there are so many eco-friendly DIY recipes online these days!

I've used a sensory bin with themes such as a sea/beach day, winter snowday or a space-themed sensory bin that spark imagination. My toddlers loved it and it kept them busy while I did some workout sessions nearby. Good old Play-Doh is another classic which never fails to entertain and there are so many eco-friendly DIY recipes online these days!
That's a clever idea to switch up the sensory bin with different themes! It's like bringing the outdoors in, especially with your creative themes.

That's a clever idea to switch up the sensory bin with different themes! It's like bringing the outdoors in, especially with your creative themes.
I've also found that providing simple household items like an old plastic storage container filled with soap bubbles can keep kids entertained for quite some time too. Who knew that blowing bubbles could occupy little ones for so long? There's something so mesmerizing about it!

I've also found that providing simple household items like an old plastic storage container filled with soap bubbles can keep kids entertained for quite some time too. Who knew that blowing bubbles could occupy little ones for so long? There's something so mesmerizing about it!
The simplicity of your bubble solution reminds me of how children can often be fascinated by the most straightforward things. It's a reminder of how different our perspectives are from theirs!

The simplicity of your bubble solution reminds me of how children can often be fascinated by the most straightforward things. It's a reminder of how different our perspectives are from theirs!
I suppose the excitement and joy stem from experiencing the world through their innocent eyes, making the mundane exciting again.

I suppose the excitement and joy stem from experiencing the world through their innocent eyes, making the mundane exciting again.
It's heartwarming to witness the wonder and curiosity in their eyes isn't it? All these little hacks are like secret weapons to help keep parenting engaging and fun!

It's heartwarming to witness the wonder and curiosity in their eyes isn't it? All these little hacks are like secret weapons to help keep parenting engaging and fun!
There's no doubt that the simple pleasures of bubbles and artsy messes add excitement to our daily routines as parents. We sure could use more of these creative life hacks!

There's no doubt that the simple pleasures of bubbles and artsy messes add excitement to our daily routines as parents. We sure could use more of these creative life hacks!
There's a lot we can do to make our parenting journey enjoyable for both parents and children with these simple and innovative ideas! Some other mums have shared their go-to strategies, and it's awesome! I'm gonna have to try some of these out!

Do share more of your creative problem solving as they are bound to inspire someone else too. Every child is different, so we'll never run out of ways to keep them engaged!

There's a lot we can do to make our parenting journey enjoyable for both parents and children with these simple and innovative ideas! Some other mums have shared their go-to strategies, and it's awesome! I'm gonna have to try some of these out!

Do share more of your creative problem solving as they are bound to inspire someone else too. Every child is different, so we'll never run out of ways to keep them engaged!
I agree that this forum is a great way to seek and share parenting advice. It's encouraging to know that there are so many resourceful parents out there.

My six-year-old son has a lot of energy, so I sometimes create obstacle courses in the living room with cushions and sheets. He loves it when I time him and provide feedback for his 'personal records'. That keeps him occupied while I tend to my plants or prepare snacks!

I agree that this forum is a great way to seek and share parenting advice. It's encouraging to know that there are so many resourceful parents out there.

My six-year-old son has a lot of energy, so I sometimes create obstacle courses in the living room with cushions and sheets. He loves it when I time him and provide feedback for his 'personal records'. That keeps him occupied while I tend to my plants or prepare snacks!
That's a genius way to tire out your active child safely while keeping him entertained. Timing him adds a fun competitive edge too!

That's a genius way to tire out your active child safely while keeping him entertained. Timing him adds a fun competitive edge too!
It's amazing how parenthood brings out the creativity in us! Do you have other interesting hacks up your sleeve, besides the obstacle course idea?

It's amazing how parenthood brings out the creativity in us! Do you have other interesting hacks up your sleeve, besides the obstacle course idea?
Parenting definitely requires lots of innovation! I used to prepare a treasure/scavenger hunt for my kids when they were younger. They love it when I hide their favorite toys or snacks around the house, creating a mysterious trail for them to follow with clues tailored to their interests. Keeps them busy and engaged for quite some time, plus the rewards keep them motivated haha! Also helps to teach them crucial problem-solving skills as they decipher the clues!

Parenting definitely requires lots of innovation! I used to prepare a treasure/scavenger hunt for my kids when they were younger. They love it when I hide their favorite toys or snacks around the house, creating a mysterious trail for them to follow with clues tailored to their interests. Keeps them busy and engaged for quite some time, plus the rewards keep them motivated haha! Also helps to teach them crucial problem-solving skills as they decipher the clues!
I've also found that letting them help me in the kitchen is a great tactic when all else fails. The excitement of mixing ingredients and tasting the outcome is enough to buy me some peace and quiet while meal prepping! Though it tends to get messyyyy.

Reactions: eternity
I've also found that letting them help me in the kitchen is a great tactic when all else fails. The excitement of mixing ingredients and tasting the outcome is enough to buy me some peace and quiet while meal prepping! Though it tends to get messyyyy.
Mess is part of the fun for my eight-year-old daughter, who loves arts and crafts. I let her experiment with various materials and colors at her easel while I tend to other household chores nearby. That way, she has company, and I can keep an eye on her while keeping my hands free!

Mess is part of the fun for my eight-year-old daughter, who loves arts and crafts. I let her experiment with various materials and colors at her easel while I tend to other household chores nearby. That way, she has company, and I can keep an eye on her while keeping my hands free!
It's a great feeling when our little ones are happily occupied with manageable tasks. Do share any more successful life hacks you come up with! It's always encouraging to hear them!

It's a great feeling when our little ones are happily occupied with manageable tasks. Do share any more successful life hacks you come up with! It's always encouraging to hear them!
That's the joy of discovering these tiny life hacks--a parent's secret arsenal to keep kids entertained and ourselves sane! I'm curious to know if any other mums have creative solutions for rainy day activities. Outdoor plans often fall through in the tropics because of the unpredictable rain showers!

That's the joy of discovering these tiny life hacks--a parent's secret arsenal to keep kids entertained and ourselves sane! I'm curious to know if any other mums have creative solutions for rainy day activities. Outdoor plans often fall through in the tropics because of the unpredictable rain showers!
it's fascinating to discover these little tricks that make parenting a tad more manageable. And you're right; some outdoor plans do need backup options! A teacher friend once shared with me the ' indoor camping' idea for those rainy days. It brings an element of adventure and excitement indoors. Tents, torches, and stories galore!

it's fascinating to discover these little tricks that make parenting a tad more manageable. And you're right; some outdoor plans do need backup options! A teacher friend once shared with me the ' indoor camping' idea for those rainy days. It brings an element of adventure and excitement indoors. Tents, torches, and stories galore!
Indoor camping does sound like fun! May have to borrow that idea from your teacher friend! Any other suggestions would be most welcome! 😊

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu