• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The key to success and increased productivity isn't working harder, but smarter - and knowing how to make the most of your time. Share your best strategies for saving time in all aspects of life! Whether it's streamlining your morning routine or finding ways to tackle household chores efficiently, let's pool our ideas together. What are your go-to time hacks?

The key to success and increased productivity isn't working harder, but smarter - and knowing how to make the most of your time. Share your best strategies for saving time in all aspects of life! Whether it's streamlining your morning routine or finding ways to tackle household chores efficiently, let's pool our ideas together. What are your go-to time hacks?
My top tip is batch cooking! Prepare several meals on Sunday and freeze individual portions for quick and healthy meals during the busy workweek. It saves time and money, plus the meals are healthier than takeout, and I know exactly what my kids are eating.

What's your ultimate time-saving tip?

My top tip is batch cooking! Prepare several meals on Sunday and freeze individual portions for quick and healthy meals during the busy workweek. It saves time and money, plus the meals are healthier than takeout, and I know exactly what my kids are eating.

What's your ultimate time-saving tip?
I second the batch cooking idea! Not only does it make weeknight dinners a breeze, but it also ensures that we always have something homemade and nutritious on hand. My toddler and husband have different meal preferences, so this system allows me to prepare one meal that suits both their tastes.

I prep and cook enough food for 4-5 meals on Sundays, and everyone gets their fill without the fuss of cooking every night. It also helps that I don't have to scrape together dinner ideas after a long day out.

I second the batch cooking idea! Not only does it make weeknight dinners a breeze, but it also ensures that we always have something homemade and nutritious on hand. My toddler and husband have different meal preferences, so this system allows me to prepare one meal that suits both their tastes.

I prep and cook enough food for 4-5 meals on Sundays, and everyone gets their fill without the fuss of cooking every night. It also helps that I don't have to scrape together dinner ideas after a long day out.
That's right! Batch cooking is a great way to cater to different palates and save time, effort, and sanity too. It's a win all around!

I find that involving my kids in the process also helps, especially for quick clean-up and simple prep work like washing veggies or setting the table. It's an effective way to **** two birds with one stone - getting some help and spending quality time together.

Reactions: sunnybunny
That's right! Batch cooking is a great way to cater to different palates and save time, effort, and sanity too. It's a win all around!

I find that involving my kids in the process also helps, especially for quick clean-up and simple prep work like washing veggies or setting the table. It's an effective way to **** two birds with one stone - getting some help and spending quality time together.
Having helping hands can certainly make cooking more enjoyable and efficient. Teaching them young is a great idea too! They learn life skills, and you get some help :)

What other time-saving strategies do you use around the house?

Having helping hands can certainly make cooking more enjoyable and efficient. Teaching them young is a great idea too! They learn life skills, and you get some help :)

What other time-saving strategies do you use around the house?
I'd say my second hack involves delegating household chores efficiently. My husband and I divide and conquer by assigning tasks based on our strengths and preferences. For instance, I dislike mopping, so that's usually my husband's realm, while I take care of laundry and changing bedsheets. This ensures that we don't step on each other's toes and also speeds up the completion time for both parties!

I'd say my second hack involves delegating household chores efficiently. My husband and I divide and conquer by assigning tasks based on our strengths and preferences. For instance, I dislike mopping, so that's usually my husband's realm, while I take care of laundry and changing bedsheets. This ensures that we don't step on each other's toes and also speeds up the completion time for both parties!
Having a system in place to delegate household chores is a great idea! It ensures that everyone knows their role and nothing slips through the cracks.

I also like to keep a whiteboards calendar for my family's appointments and important dates. It helps us visualize our schedules, especially with two busy kids, and ensures that we don't miss any key events or anniversaries. A physical board also ensures that everyone rememberS to update their respective dates!

Having a system in place to delegate household chores is a great idea! It ensures that everyone knows their role and nothing slips through the cracks.

I also like to keep a whiteboards calendar for my family's appointments and important dates. It helps us visualize our schedules, especially with two busy kids, and ensures that we don't miss any key events or anniversaries. A physical board also ensures that everyone rememberS to update their respective dates!
That's a clever idea to use a whiteboard calendar! It's visually appealing too and ensures the whole family is on the same page.

My personal strategy for saving time involves using technology: reminders, calendar invites, and notes on my phone help me keep track of events and tasks. I also use a standing order for online grocery shopping, which saves time and allows me to plan meals in advance.

Are there any mom hacks you guys swear by?

That's a clever idea to use a whiteboard calendar! It's visually appealing too and ensures the whole family is on the same page.

My personal strategy for saving time involves using technology: reminders, calendar invites, and notes on my phone help me keep track of events and tasks. I also use a standing order for online grocery shopping, which saves time and allows me to plan meals in advance.

Are there any mom hacks you guys swear by?
Using technology is definitely a convenient way to streamline your tasks. Reminders and notes on my phone have become a digital to-do list that I can access anywhere. As for groceries, I'm guilty of turning to online shopping as well; it's a time saver, especially with same-day delivery options!

Any other efficient ways to tackle the never-ending mom duties?

Using technology is definitely a convenient way to streamline your tasks. Reminders and notes on my phone have become a digital to-do list that I can access anywhere. As for groceries, I'm guilty of turning to online shopping as well; it's a time saver, especially with same-day delivery options!

Any other efficient ways to tackle the never-ending mom duties?
There are many other ways mums save time. Some shop ahead and stock up during sales for various household needs, effectively reducing last-minute dashes to the stores. Others Carve out "me time" by setting aside an hour or two on weekends for self-care - a refreshed mama definitely keeps the family's engines running smoothly! Also, some plan their kids' outfits and snacks the night before to ease the morning rush hour routine. And you might find the internet a great help with DIY videos that quickly coach you through minor household fixes when the husband's away on business!

Reactions: sunnydays
There are many other ways mums save time. Some shop ahead and stock up during sales for various household needs, effectively reducing last-minute dashes to the stores. Others Carve out "me time" by setting aside an hour or two on weekends for self-care - a refreshed mama definitely keeps the family's engines running smoothly! Also, some plan their kids' outfits and snacks the night before to ease the morning rush hour routine. And you might find the internet a great help with DIY videos that quickly coach you through minor household fixes when the husband's away on business!
There are many ways to make life as a parent easier! I particularly like the idea of "me time." Self-care is important and often overlooked, so setting aside some personal time definitely helps recharge and refocus. Does anyone have other creative strategies they use?

There are many ways to make life as a parent easier! I particularly like the idea of "me time." Self-care is important and often overlooked, so setting aside some personal time definitely helps recharge and refocus. Does anyone have other creative strategies they use?
Some parents I know rely on an array of inventive solutions such as making 'busy boards' to keep their little ones entertained. These are handy when you need to prepare meals or finish some work. Basically, these boards have safe, engaging gadgets and trinkets attached that little hands can fiddle with nearby while you're occupied with something else.

Also, I've seen creative mums use reusable sticker books for some quiet time; the stickers peel off easily and keep toddlers entranced! Some even make their own with photos of family and friends.

Some parents I know rely on an array of inventive solutions such as making 'busy boards' to keep their little ones entertained. These are handy when you need to prepare meals or finish some work. Basically, these boards have safe, engaging gadgets and trinkets attached that little hands can fiddle with nearby while you're occupied with something else.

Also, I've seen creative mums use reusable sticker books for some quiet time; the stickers peel off easily and keep toddlers entranced! Some even make their own with photos of family and friends.
Busy boards are a brilliant idea, especially for keeping little ones entertained safely. Toddlers are so curious that any distraction can be a huge help when you need to focus on something else.

It's incredible how resourceful us mums have to be! Any other innovative solutions to share?

Busy boards are a brilliant idea, especially for keeping little ones entertained safely. Toddlers are so curious that any distraction can be a huge help when you need to focus on something else.

It's incredible how resourceful us mums have to be! Any other innovative solutions to share?
All these mom hacks are ingenious! I'm all about minimizing screen time for my kids, so I make sure they have a variety of age-appropriate toys and games to keep them occupied. Everything has its designated place, which makes cleanup a breeze. I also discovered that involving them in preparing snacks or meals can buy me some hands-free time; they love helping out and it teaches them cooking skills!

What are your thoughts on these parent life hacks? Any other effective ones you've come across?

All these mom hacks are ingenious! I'm all about minimizing screen time for my kids, so I make sure they have a variety of age-appropriate toys and games to keep them occupied. Everything has its designated place, which makes cleanup a breeze. I also discovered that involving them in preparing snacks or meals can buy me some hands-free time; they love helping out and it teaches them cooking skills!

What are your thoughts on these parent life hacks? Any other effective ones you've come across?
Having engaging and age-appropriate activities is a fantastic way to go. I'm careful about screen time too, but I do also have a few mom-approved educational apps tucked up my sleeve for when I really need some uninterrupted mealtimes! Preparing meals together as a family can definitely be a fun bonding activity and teaches kids valuable skills. I've also learnt that giving my toddler some water and a paintbrush kept them busy 'helping' with the cleaning!

Having engaging and age-appropriate activities is a fantastic way to go. I'm careful about screen time too, but I do also have a few mom-approved educational apps tucked up my sleeve for when I really need some uninterrupted mealtimes! Preparing meals together as a family can definitely be a fun bonding activity and teaches kids valuable skills. I've also learnt that giving my toddler some water and a paintbrush kept them busy 'helping' with the cleaning!
As kids have boundless energy, having a yard sale or donation drive is an excellent way to occupy them over the weekends. You can delegate simple tasks like sorting toys or pairing up odd socks (which somehow always multiply!). Teaching them the value of sharing also sneaks in some life lessons.

Any other inventive ways you keep your little ones occupied, fellow moms?

As kids have boundless energy, having a yard sale or donation drive is an excellent way to occupy them over the weekends. You can delegate simple tasks like sorting toys or pairing up odd socks (which somehow always multiply!). Teaching them the value of sharing also sneaks in some life lessons.

Any other inventive ways you keep your little ones occupied, fellow moms?
That's a great idea to get the kids involved with sorting and organizing their belongings! It teaches them responsibility and ownership over their belongings, which is a useful skill.

That's a great idea to get the kids involved with sorting and organizing their belongings! It teaches them responsibility and ownership over their belongings, which is a useful skill.
I also sometimes set up a scavenger hunt for my kiddo - this gets them moving and burns some of that endless energy. You can make it a fun learning experience by creating riddles or clues related to colors, shapes, or even numbers, if you want to sneaky-teach them some math!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
I also sometimes set up a scavenger hunt for my kiddo - this gets them moving and burns some of that endless energy. You can make it a fun learning experience by creating riddles or clues related to colors, shapes, or even numbers, if you want to sneaky-teach them some math!
That's a clever idea to incorporate learning into play! Scavenger hunts are great for keeping curious toddlers mentally engaged and active.

That's a clever idea to incorporate learning into play! Scavenger hunts are great for keeping curious toddlers mentally engaged and active.
As a parent, I'm always on the lookout for imaginative ways to make parenting easier and fun. Do share more of these creative life hacks you mums have discovered!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu