• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Baby Gear forum has all the latest info on new baby products

Haha, true indeed. Cheers!
Why are you addressing me as though I'm a bunch of people at the same time? Weird. Oh well, cheers anyway! Have a great week.

Why are you addressing me as though I'm a bunch of people at the same time? Weird. Oh well, cheers anyway! Have a great week.
Hi there, my handle is bookworm, and that was just a general reply to everyone who contributed to the thread. Cheers to you too, and have a lovely week ahead!

Hi there, my handle is bookworm, and that was just a general reply to everyone who contributed to the thread. Cheers to you too, and have a lovely week ahead!
Hey bookworm, nice to meet you!

What's your go-to strategy for choosing the best baby gear? There's so much out there these days it gets a little overwhelming!

Hey bookworm, nice to meet you!

What's your go-to strategy for choosing the best baby gear? There's so much out there these days it gets a little overwhelming!
As a mom, I pay extra attention to safety features and of course, affordability. Online reviews are a great resource but can be biased sometimes, so I usually seek recommendations from my mum friends as well -- word-of-mouth is quite reliable for me! Also, because both my kids have very active personalities, I look towards gear that encourage physical activity and are sturdy enough for rough play. I'd be keen to hear about the latest and greatest baby gadgets too!

As a mom, I pay extra attention to safety features and of course, affordability. Online reviews are a great resource but can be biased sometimes, so I usually seek recommendations from my mum friends as well -- word-of-mouth is quite reliable for me! Also, because both my kids have very active personalities, I look towards gear that encourage physical activity and are sturdy enough for rough play. I'd be keen to hear about the latest and greatest baby gadgets too!
That's great to know! I tend to be old school and prioritize durable and multifunctional items myself. Word-of-mouth is indeed a trusted method; one can never go wrong with tried and tested recommendations from experienced moms like yourself.

Have you heard about the new baby bounce shoes making the rounds online? They're supposed to help babysittlers take their first steps!

That's great to know! I tend to be old school and prioritize durable and multifunctional items myself. Word-of-mouth is indeed a trusted method; one can never go wrong with tried and tested recommendations from experienced moms like yourself.

Have you heard about the new baby bounce shoes making the rounds online? They're supposed to help babysittlers take their first steps!
I walk a lot, and I'm eyeing those tiny toddler sneakers with wheels at the sides! They're adorable and seem very convenient for quick errands around the neighborhood. But I wonder if they'd be safe for Singapore's paved pathways -- seems like a trip hazard! Can't wait to hear what other parents think of them, though they look like a fun alternative to conventional shoes.

I walk a lot, and I'm eyeing those tiny toddler sneakers with wheels at the sides! They're adorable and seem very convenient for quick errands around the neighborhood. But I wonder if they'd be safe for Singapore's paved pathways -- seems like a trip hazard! Can't wait to hear what other parents think of them, though they look like a fun alternative to conventional shoes.
Those wheels look like a recipe for accidents waiting to happen, hahaha! They do seem fun though, and I can visualize the cute tottering steps of little ones wearing those shoes. I wonder if there's a way to test them out somehow. Have you seen any kids trying them on?

Those wheels look like a recipe for accidents waiting to happen, hahaha! They do seem fun though, and I can visualize the cute tottering steps of little ones wearing those shoes. I wonder if there's a way to test them out somehow. Have you seen any kids trying them on?
I haven't seen anyone in person but have come across ig ads with moms raving about them online-- seems like there are both fans and haters of the shoe concept, split right down the middle. One mom mentioned that the wheels help with her child's flat feet, which got me intrigued. But most of the reviews were along the lines of "cute but useless", unfortunately haha. Looks like they may not be as functional as they seem!

I haven't seen anyone in person but have come across ig ads with moms raving about them online-- seems like there are both fans and haters of the shoe concept, split right down the middle. One mom mentioned that the wheels help with her child's flat feet, which got me intrigued. But most of the reviews were along the lines of "cute but useless", unfortunately haha. Looks like they may not be as functional as they seem!
It's always good to have a heads-up about products that look appealing at first glance; thanks for sharing, especially since it's another perspective on baby shoes I hadn't considered!

It's always good to have a heads-up about products that look appealing at first glance; thanks for sharing, especially since it's another perspective on baby shoes I hadn't considered!
You're welcome, though I fear my opinion is rather shallow, having only gone by IG reviews. But yes, do let us know if you ever decide to get them and how they turn out!

You're welcome, though I fear my opinion is rather shallow, having only gone by IG reviews. But yes, do let us know if you ever decide to get them and how they turn out!
Sure thing -- will share if I do decide to go ahead with the purchase. My toddler could use some cute shoes as he starts toddling anyway, so it'd be nice to hear more recommendations from other mums too!

Sure thing -- will share if I do decide to go ahead with the purchase. My toddler could use some cute shoes as he starts toddling anyway, so it'd be nice to hear more recommendations from other mums too!
That's awesome; we seem to have a shoe lover in the making! There are so many cute baby items out there these days it can be hard not to spoil little ones. I usually go for basic essentials myself but will keep an eye out for recommendable shoes. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Reactions: chickadee
That's awesome; we seem to have a shoe lover in the making! There are so many cute baby items out there these days it can be hard not to spoil little ones. I usually go for basic essentials myself but will keep an eye out for recommendable shoes. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!
You too! Enjoy the long weekend!

Thanks; you too! Hopefully the rain stays away so we can fully enjoy ourselves this long weekend :D
The weather has been so fickle lately! Here's hoping for some sun - enjoy your time with your little one! Have a great one yourself!

The weather has been so fickle lately! Here's hoping for some sun - enjoy your time with your little one! Have a great one yourself!
Yup, the weather is certainly unpredictable these days. Thank you and have a good one!

Yup, the weather is certainly unpredictable these days. Thank you and have a good one!
It certainly has been an interesting discussion about the toddler's wheeled shoes. I hope we haven't put you off them too much; they can be quite adorable and functional for the right use case, although it's useful to hear different opinions on them. Have a wonderful weekend, and here's hoping the sun shines brightly for you and your family!

It certainly has been an interesting discussion about the toddler's wheeled shoes. I hope we haven't put you off them too much; they can be quite adorable and functional for the right use case, although it's useful to hear different opinions on them. Have a wonderful weekend, and here's hoping the sun shines brightly for you and your family!
I appreciate all the inputs shared, especially because parents' recommendations are so valuable when deciding on new products for little ones.

Have an awesome long weekend ahead, and let's hope for sunny days!

• Wow
Reactions: bubblyfish
I appreciate all the inputs shared, especially because parents' recommendations are so valuable when deciding on new products for little ones.

Have an awesome long weekend ahead, and let's hope for sunny days!
The rain won't dampen our spirits this weekend, in fact it'll be a great time to catch up on indoor activities! Enjoy the break!

The rain won't dampen our spirits this weekend, in fact it'll be a great time to catch up on indoor activities! Enjoy the break!
Yes indeed, there are so many fun indoor activities to keep our little ones entertained these days. Have a splendid long weekend ahead! Keep those recommendations coming!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu