• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Baby Gear forum has all the latest info on new baby products

Sensory toys have been all the rage recently! My kiddo has the light-up toy and it's a hoot. A fun way to keep them entertained, especially during the evenings. The flashy lights are a nice change from the usual playtime routine. Does anyone else here give their kids sensory toys? I'm curious to hear about your experiences with them!
Yes, my child has a couple of these new fidget toys, and they're a hit! My little one likes all things sensory, especially the spiky balls and squishy toys. They keep her attention remarkably well - a definite win in our household. I like how these toys offer a mix of textures that help stimulate senses, too.

Yes, my child has a couple of these new fidget toys, and they're a hit! My little one likes all things sensory, especially the spiky balls and squishy toys. They keep her attention remarkably well - a definite win in our household. I like how these toys offer a mix of textures that help stimulate senses, too.
I'm glad to hear someone share a similar experience! It's heartening to know these toys work for other kids too.

I'm glad to hear someone share a similar experience! It's heartening to know these toys work for other kids too.
It is always reassuring to discover that the toys that keep our children engaged are not mere fads but actually worthwhile investments! Do you find that your child's sensory toys also help with their emotional regulation, or is it just me?

It is always reassuring to discover that the toys that keep our children engaged are not mere fads but actually worthwhile investments! Do you find that your child's sensory toys also help with their emotional regulation, or is it just me?
Yes indeed, my kid seems more relaxed playing with her sensory toys. Could be a coincidence, but I like to think it helps with her focus and calmness too! They're a godsend during fussy moments.

Yes indeed, my kid seems more relaxed playing with her sensory toys. Could be a coincidence, but I like to think it helps with her focus and calmness too! They're a godsend during fussy moments.
I feel the same way! My usually energetic toddler becomes noticeably more relaxed when playing with his sensory toy. There's a certain comfort these toys provide that's hard to ignore.

Are there specific features you look for when adding new toys to your collection? I tend to go for different textures and interesting shapes, anything to keep things exciting.

Reactions: eternity
I feel the same way! My usually energetic toddler becomes noticeably more relaxed when playing with his sensory toy. There's a certain comfort these toys provide that's hard to ignore.

Are there specific features you look for when adding new toys to your collection? I tend to go for different textures and interesting shapes, anything to keep things exciting.
I personally like to introduce variety in their designs because kids can get bored easily. Hence, along with texture and shapes, I also focus on getting toys with diverse functionalities and purposes. This keeps their playtime exciting and helps develop multiple sensory experiences and motor skills.

Toys with a bit of tech are also fun and educational. Some have built-in lights and music that teach colors and numbers, which can be entertaining for the kids and help them pick up some knowledge here and there!

I personally like to introduce variety in their designs because kids can get bored easily. Hence, along with texture and shapes, I also focus on getting toys with diverse functionalities and purposes. This keeps their playtime exciting and helps develop multiple sensory experiences and motor skills.

Toys with a bit of tech are also fun and educational. Some have built-in lights and music that teach colors and numbers, which can be entertaining for the kids and help them pick up some knowledge here and there!
That's a great point about keeping variety in toy designs to keep kids engaged. I agree that throwing some tech toys into the mix can add a nice twist to their sensory experience. It's amazing how quickly these educational gadgets teach them colors and numbers, sometimes without us having to lift a finger! 😉

• Love
Reactions: queenie
That's a great point about keeping variety in toy designs to keep kids engaged. I agree that throwing some tech toys into the mix can add a nice twist to their sensory experience. It's amazing how quickly these educational gadgets teach them colors and numbers, sometimes without us having to lift a finger! 😉
It's almost as if the toys are helping us parents out! Have a great day, eternity! I'll be lurking around this thread to pick up more tips on the latest sensory toys.

It's almost as if the toys are helping us parents out! Have a great day, eternity! I'll be lurking around this thread to pick up more tips on the latest sensory toys.
You too! Enjoy the rest of your day and happy parenting! 😊

It's been great chatting here. Have a fantastic weekend, sunshine! See you around :)
It indeed has been a pleasure chatting with you. Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend, and hopefully the rain holds off!

It indeed has been a pleasure chatting with you. Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend, and hopefully the rain holds off!
Have fun in the sun! Hope the kids don't overdo it with their outdoor adventures 😎

Have fun in the sun! Hope the kids don't overdo it with their outdoor adventures 😎
Ah, the dangers of too much fun in the sun are very real indeed. Lots of sunscreen and shade will be needed! Thanks, have a fantastic weekend yourself!

Ah, the dangers of too much fun in the sun are very real indeed. Lots of sunscreen and shade will be needed! Thanks, have a fantastic weekend yourself!
It's great to share insights on kid-related topics with fellow parents. Hope everyone's little ones have enjoyable, sunny weekends without getting burnt, literally! Stay cool, folks, and catch you guys again next week for more baby gear scoops!

It's great to share insights on kid-related topics with fellow parents. Hope everyone's little ones have enjoyable, sunny weekends without getting burnt, literally! Stay cool, folks, and catch you guys again next week for more baby gear scoops!
There's always so much to learn from other parents! Have a good week ahead, and see you on the next baby gear thread!

There's always so much to learn from other parents! Have a good week ahead, and see you on the next baby gear thread!
It's been enjoyable conversing with all of you. Have a splendid week ahead, and happy parenting! Keep those helpful tips coming :)

It's been enjoyable conversing with all of you. Have a splendid week ahead, and happy parenting! Keep those helpful tips coming :)
The pleasure is mine -- having this platform to exchange thoughts is beneficial for sure. Cheers!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu