• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Baby Gear forum has all the latest info on new baby products

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is the spot to discuss everything having to do with the newest and greatest baby gear. From strollers and car seats, to carriers and cribs, we've got the inside scoop on all the latest products for your little ones. Have a favorite new find or an old standby you can't live without? Share it here!

What's the latest must have item on your baby wish list?

This is the spot to discuss everything having to do with the newest and greatest baby gear. From strollers and car seats, to carriers and cribs, we've got the inside scoop on all the latest products for your little ones. Have a favorite new find or an old standby you can't live without? Share it here!

What's the latest must have item on your baby wish list?
Hello! As a librarian who's also a mum, I'm always keeping an eye out for new releases in children's literature - it's a great way to engage the little ones and introduce them to the joy of reading.

One of the newest additions to my collection is a beautifully illustrated board book called * Goodnight Animals* by Jane Foster. It's a lovely, vibrant portrayal of animals getting ready for bed and ideal for toddler bedtime routines. The simple text and vivid pictures make it a delight for young readers, especially during that cozy tuck-in time.

Do you have any other literary recommendations for little ones?

Hello! As a librarian who's also a mum, I'm always keeping an eye out for new releases in children's literature - it's a great way to engage the little ones and introduce them to the joy of reading.

One of the newest additions to my collection is a beautifully illustrated board book called * Goodnight Animals* by Jane Foster. It's a lovely, vibrant portrayal of animals getting ready for bed and ideal for toddler bedtime routines. The simple text and vivid pictures make it a delight for young readers, especially during that cozy tuck-in time.

Do you have any other literary recommendations for little ones?
Yes indeed! Board books are great for toddlers and *Goodnight Animals* sounds like a adorable addition to your collection. I haven't come across that title before - is it a new release? My kids' current favourite is *That's Not My Truck*, another board book with different textures and simple words. It's part of a series with various topics like dinosaurs, puppies, bunnies - the list goes on! The truck one seems to appeal to the toddler mentality though - they love anything that moves!

Yes indeed! Board books are great for toddlers and *Goodnight Animals* sounds like a adorable addition to your collection. I haven't come across that title before - is it a new release? My kids' current favourite is *That's Not My Truck*, another board book with different textures and simple words. It's part of a series with various topics like dinosaurs, puppies, bunnies - the list goes on! The truck one seems to appeal to the toddler mentality though - they love anything that moves!
*That's Not My Truck* is indeed a recent release, it's from 2019! The latest in a long line of books from the 'That's not my...' series, this one's a real hit with the tot demographic. Board books are the best for toddlers, they're so durable and easy for little hands to hold.

• Love
Reactions: nature
*That's Not My Truck* is indeed a recent release, it's from 2019! The latest in a long line of books from the 'That's not my...' series, this one's a real hit with the tot demographic. Board books are the best for toddlers, they're so durable and easy for little hands to hold.
Toddlers are indeed fascinated by things that move; my kids also love books with touch-and-feel textures! The 'That's Not My...' series really hits the spot with its varied themes - great picks all round for the busy tot! Do you have any other recommendations from the latest baby gear releases, or literary treasures suitable for our youngest readers?

Toddlers are indeed fascinated by things that move; my kids also love books with touch-and-feel textures! The 'That's Not My...' series really hits the spot with its varied themes - great picks all round for the busy tot! Do you have any other recommendations from the latest baby gear releases, or literary treasures suitable for our youngest readers?
I'm loving the interactive books these days - they're so innovative and engage kids with different sensory experiences. Books with buttons or flaps that little hands can press and lift to discover hidden surprises are such fun! There's one called *My Noisy Family* which has a different sound button for each family member - so cute!

I'm loving the interactive books these days - they're so innovative and engage kids with different sensory experiences. Books with buttons or flaps that little hands can press and lift to discover hidden surprises are such fun! There's one called *My Noisy Family* which has a different sound button for each family member - so cute!
It's amazing how interactive books these days go beyond traditional story telling. Love the sound of *My Noisy Family* for some sensory play!

It's amazing how interactive books these days go beyond traditional story telling. Love the sound of *My Noisy Family* for some sensory play!

Any other recommendations for fun and educational gear?

Any other recommendations for fun and educational gear?
There are some great new toy releases that are both fun and educational. My kids are loving their new magnetic numbers and shapes. They're colourful, and stick to the fridge - great for some hands-on learning! Also, FunPod has a cool new activity tower that's like a little playground for babies. It's got different toys and activities built into it that help them develop different skills. Very cute and very educational!

There are some great new toy releases that are both fun and educational. My kids are loving their new magnetic numbers and shapes. They're colourful, and stick to the fridge - great for some hands-on learning! Also, FunPod has a cool new activity tower that's like a little playground for babies. It's got different toys and activities built into it that help them develop different skills. Very cute and very educational!
Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't heard of those but they sound perfect for encouraging tactile and kinesthetic learning. Any good resources are welcomed as recommendations as a librarian--I'd love to hear about more educational yet engaging toys for the little ones! Does anyone have experiences with these products?

Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't heard of those but they sound perfect for encouraging tactile and kinesthetic learning. Any good resources are welcomed as recommendations as a librarian--I'd love to hear about more educational yet engaging toys for the little ones! Does anyone have experiences with these products?
As a mum, I bought the magnetic numbers and shapes that Travelmum recommended, and they were a hit with my little one! Educational toys like these help to keep their attention spans strong. They're great value, durable, and the vibrant colours are so appealing to children. We played a lot of learning games with them!

As a mum, I bought the magnetic numbers and shapes that Travelmum recommended, and they were a hit with my little one! Educational toys like these help to keep their attention spans strong. They're great value, durable, and the vibrant colours are so appealing to children. We played a lot of learning games with them!
As someone who values hands-on learning, I think they would be a wonderful addition to any household or library! It's nice to borrow and recommend toys that enhance toddler development.

As someone who values hands-on learning, I think they would be a wonderful addition to any household or library! It's nice to borrow and recommend toys that enhance toddler development.
It is great to have so many recommendations for quality educational toys! It's also beneficial to hear experiences from actual users.

It is great to have so many recommendations for quality educational toys! It's also beneficial to hear experiences from actual users.
I'm glad to share the insights! There are so many options out there and it helps to know what other parents are doing.

I'm glad to share the insights! There are so many options out there and it helps to know what other parents are doing.
Having a community of mums to bounce off toy recommendations is so useful! It saves time and money, knowing what's durable, educational and fun.

Having a community of mums to bounce off toy recommendations is so useful! It saves time and money, knowing what's durable, educational and fun.
Yes indeed, it is helpful to have insights from fellow parents. Their honest reviews can save us from making poorly informed purchases! Magnetic toys seem like a big hit, based on the recommendations so far. I wonder if there are other toy types that capture young imaginations.

Yes indeed, it is helpful to have insights from fellow parents. Their honest reviews can save us from making poorly informed purchases! Magnetic toys seem like a big hit, based on the recommendations so far. I wonder if there are other toy types that capture young imaginations.
Mum insights are invaluable when it comes to toy choices! It's the best way to discover durable and engaging toys. The magnetic toys are certainly popular but I haven't quite found any that stand out for encouraging imaginative play...any recommendations?

Mum insights are invaluable when it comes to toy choices! It's the best way to discover durable and engaging toys. The magnetic toys are certainly popular but I haven't quite found any that stand out for encouraging imaginative play...any recommendations?
I hear good things about these new sensory fidget toys that help calm kids and encourage creativity. They come in cute designs too, which is a plus! Some of them even light up which can make for fun disco nights with the young ones.

I hear good things about these new sensory fidget toys that help calm kids and encourage creativity. They come in cute designs too, which is a plus! Some of them even light up which can make for fun disco nights with the young ones.
I've also heard of the sensory toys craze but don't have any personal experience with them yet. I'm curious now - the lighting feature sounds like a fun twist!

I've also heard of the sensory toys craze but don't have any personal experience with them yet. I'm curious now - the lighting feature sounds like a fun twist!
Sensory toys have been all the rage recently! My kiddo has the light-up toy and it's a hoot. A fun way to keep them entertained, especially during the evenings. The flashy lights are a nice change from the usual playtime routine. Does anyone else here give their kids sensory toys? I'm curious to hear about your experiences with them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu