• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Well As A Mum

I'm glad you're enjoying the little moments and managing your energy levels with a young toddler - it certainly is tiring work!

That's awesome that you're both benefiting from healthy eating habits. I'm more focused on nutrition these days too, especially on ensuring I'm getting sufficient protein as a plant-based eater. I've also been trying to up my cardio, which is a challenge with young kids, by taking them on runs or doing indoor HIIT workouts when the little ones nap.

It's great to share these ideas and find inspiration! What about you? Any toddler-friendly snacks you'd recommend?
Toddler-friendly snacks eh? My son and I love making 'ants on a log' - it's a fun, healthy snack that gets him excited about eating. Basically celery with peanut butter filled inside, decorated with raisins on top to look like ants! We also enjoy baking banana bread together, which is a nice, easy way to sneak some fruits into his diet.

As for me, I've been trying (key word: trying) to cut down on coffee and replace it with homemade smoothies - that's my current healthy obsession!

Toddler-friendly snacks eh? My son and I love making 'ants on a log' - it's a fun, healthy snack that gets him excited about eating. Basically celery with peanut butter filled inside, decorated with raisins on top to look like ants! We also enjoy baking banana bread together, which is a nice, easy way to sneak some fruits into his diet.

As for me, I've been trying (key word: trying) to cut down on coffee and replace it with homemade smoothies - that's my current healthy obsession!
That's a clever and delicious way to get your Toddler excited about eating right. Love the name "ants on a log"! Home-made smoothies sound amazing right about now. Cheers!

That's a clever and delicious way to get your Toddler excited about eating right. Love the name "ants on a log"! Home-made smoothies sound amazing right about now. Cheers!
Ants on a log are indeed fun to make! It's adorable how excited toddlers get over the little things.

I've been trying to up my water intake too, in lieu of sugar-sweetened beverages, and it's amazing how drinking plenty of water keeps the body energised. Plus, it helps me feel full, which reduces mindless snacking!

What are some of your favourite smoothie combinations? I could use some new ideas!

Ants on a log are indeed fun to make! It's adorable how excited toddlers get over the little things.

I've been trying to up my water intake too, in lieu of sugar-sweetened beverages, and it's amazing how drinking plenty of water keeps the body energised. Plus, it helps me feel full, which reduces mindless snacking!

What are some of your favourite smoothie combinations? I could use some new ideas!
Hmm, I like to keep it simple with bananas, milk, and a scoop of peanut butter. Sometimes I toss in some spinach for an extra nutritional kick without changing the taste too much. The peanut butter makes it feel like a treat! I've been known to blend in some chocolate protein powder too - a guilt-free chocolate fix.

What other ingredients would you recommend to liven up my smoothies?

Hmm, I like to keep it simple with bananas, milk, and a scoop of peanut butter. Sometimes I toss in some spinach for an extra nutritional kick without changing the taste too much. The peanut butter makes it feel like a treat! I've been known to blend in some chocolate protein powder too - a guilt-free chocolate fix.

What other ingredients would you recommend to liven up my smoothies?
My current obsession is freezing overripe bananas, then blending them with almond milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt - tastes just like ice cream! I also enjoy adding some fresh or frozen berries into the mix, especially strawberries and blueberries. Their natural sweetness makes the smoothie delicious without adding any extra sugar.

For a savory kick, I'd recommend throwing in some chia seeds or flaxseeds. They're tiny but nutritious and add a nice crunchy texture. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-beat-post-Christmas-slump-energy-boost.html

My current obsession is freezing overripe bananas, then blending them with almond milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt - tastes just like ice cream! I also enjoy adding some fresh or frozen berries into the mix, especially strawberries and blueberries. Their natural sweetness makes the smoothie delicious without adding any extra sugar.

For a savory kick, I'd recommend throwing in some chia seeds or flaxseeds. They're tiny but nutritious and add a nice crunchy texture. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-beat-post-Christmas-slump-energy-boost.html
Berries are an excellent choice! Their natural sweetness is a great substitute for sugar, and they're so refreshing, especially in this weather.

I'll have to try those seeds you recommend - a fellow mummy told me chia seeds are also great for weaning babies! So many health benefits in those tiny seeds.

Berries are an excellent choice! Their natural sweetness is a great substitute for sugar, and they're so refreshing, especially in this weather.

I'll have to try those seeds you recommend - a fellow mummy told me chia seeds are also great for weaning babies! So many health benefits in those tiny seeds.
Indeed, berries are a great way to make kids eat healthy without them knowing haha. Chia seeds are indeed a super food for both adults and babies! Rich in omega-3 and packed with fibre, they say it helps with digestion and lowering cholesterol too. Did you know that just one ounce of chia seeds have more omega-3 content than the same amount of salmon?

Are there any other health tips you mummies would recommend? Keeping healthy can be fun after all!

Indeed, berries are a great way to make kids eat healthy without them knowing haha. Chia seeds are indeed a super food for both adults and babies! Rich in omega-3 and packed with fibre, they say it helps with digestion and lowering cholesterol too. Did you know that just one ounce of chia seeds have more omega-3 content than the same amount of salmon?

Are there any other health tips you mummies would recommend? Keeping healthy can be fun after all!
It's true, keeping a healthy diet is supposed to be fun and exciting, especially with so many options to choose from! Berries and chia seeds sound like a great addition to my current smoothie combinations. I've also been experimenting with incorporating more herbs into my meals, adding mint or basil leaves into my water infusions gives such a lovely and refreshing twist!

On the topic of herbs, why not grow your own? I have some planted in pots near my kitchen window - it's so convenient to just pluck some fresh coriander or mint when cooking or blending smoothies. Plus, it gives me joy to see them grow!

It's true, keeping a healthy diet is supposed to be fun and exciting, especially with so many options to choose from! Berries and chia seeds sound like a great addition to my current smoothie combinations. I've also been experimenting with incorporating more herbs into my meals, adding mint or basil leaves into my water infusions gives such a lovely and refreshing twist!

On the topic of herbs, why not grow your own? I have some planted in pots near my kitchen window - it's so convenient to just pluck some fresh coriander or mint when cooking or blending smoothies. Plus, it gives me joy to see them grow!
growing herbs is a fantastic idea! I've heard of mums creating little herbal gardens at home, and that seems like a fun, educational activity for toddlers too. Learning about the different plants and their uses can be a great science lesson!

I must try adding herbs to my drinks - do you have any particular combinations you enjoy?

growing herbs is a fantastic idea! I've heard of mums creating little herbal gardens at home, and that seems like a fun, educational activity for toddlers too. Learning about the different plants and their uses can be a great science lesson!

I must try adding herbs to my drinks - do you have any particular combinations you enjoy?
I love adding fresh basil leaves or lemongrass to my iced tea brews. They give such a lovely, natural sweetness that I don't need to add extra sugar. For something savoury, mint works incredibly well in tomato-based drinks! Blending mint and tomatoes together creates an unexpectedly delicious combo, which also helps aid digestion.

I love adding fresh basil leaves or lemongrass to my iced tea brews. They give such a lovely, natural sweetness that I don't need to add extra sugar. For something savoury, mint works incredibly well in tomato-based drinks! Blending mint and tomatoes together creates an unexpectedly delicious combo, which also helps aid digestion.
I find it fascinating how different combinations can create such unique flavours and health benefits. This makes keeping fit interesting especially for us mums! Do share your special recipes! ;)

I find it fascinating how different combinations can create such unique flavours and health benefits. This makes keeping fit interesting especially for us mums! Do share your special recipes! ;)
You're right; it's amazing how many tasty and healthy combinations there are! I don't have any special recipes, to be honest - I usually just throw in whatever looks good into my blender. But that's the fun part of it - experimenting with different ingredients and discovering new tastes. You can literally create your own signature smoothies!

I'd love to hear about any special recipes you come up with!

You're right; it's amazing how many tasty and healthy combinations there are! I don't have any special recipes, to be honest - I usually just throw in whatever looks good into my blender. But that's the fun part of it - experimenting with different ingredients and discovering new tastes. You can literally create your own signature smoothies!

I'd love to hear about any special recipes you come up with!
That sounds like a delicious adventure! I'm surely going to give it a shot and come up with my own creation!

That sounds like a delicious adventure! I'm surely going to give it a shot and come up with my own creation!
You're gonna have so much fun creating your own smoothie adventures! Have a lovely weekend!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Parenting is tough work, so good luck to you too! Keep well! 😊
Thanks, same to you! May our weekends be relaxing and our weeks be filled with energy and fun activities! Keep those creative juice flowing!

Thanks, same to you! May our weekends be relaxing and our weeks be filled with energy and fun activities! Keep those creative juice flowing!
Indeed, having a balanced week keeps us going! Here's to wishing each other a great week ahead, filled with fun and meaningful activities! ;)

Indeed, having a balanced week keeps us going! Here's to wishing each other a great week ahead, filled with fun and meaningful activities! ;)
Here's to an awesome week ahead! Hope you'll have lots of fun-filled moments to keep you energized!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu