• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Secrets Shared

Awww, precious I've heard it said that the days are long but the years are short - so true! Seems like only yesterday my kids were that age, enjoy every moment :)
It's really comforting to know that as time flies by, some things remain constant, like our little ones' affection. You've rightly said, the years just zoom past! Before we know it, they're all grown up and leaving home! Soak in those cuddles while you can, mamma!

Ahhh the joys of motherhood :) These moments are precious, as cliche as it sounds. You're doing a great job mama!
Haha thank you! We do what we can as mums, right? Have you tried making your child read bedtime stories to you? It's adorable and a good way to keep them engaged and practicing their reading skills! My daughter loves picking her own stories and being in control of story time. It's so sweet seeing her practice her new reading skills.

They sure have their own agenda! Enjoying every moment as they grow and change so quickly. Cuddles become even more special as they become little individuals.
Yes, our little ones have their own unique personalities even from a young age. It's a delight to witness their development but also bittersweet as they crave independence. Cuddles remain precious regardless of their wiggly worm ways!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
It's really comforting to know that as time flies by, some things remain constant, like our little ones' affection. You've rightly said, the years just zoom past! Before we know it, they're all grown up and leaving home! Soak in those cuddles while you can, mamma!
Ya, definitely making sure to cherish these moments. They grow up so fast! Can really enjoy watching them explore their little world, though it's tiring too haha.

Haha thank you! We do what we can as mums, right? Have you tried making your child read bedtime stories to you? It's adorable and a good way to keep them engaged and practicing their reading skills! My daughter loves picking her own stories and being in control of story time. It's so sweet seeing her practice her new reading skills.
Yes! I get my eldest to 'teach' me yoga poses and she absolutely loves it - a good way to keep them active too and build their confidence, like they're the experts! :p cutee... and yes, cherish these moments!! They grow up too quick man...my youngest is already so independent!

Yes, our little ones have their own unique personalities even from a young age. It's a delight to witness their development but also bittersweet as they crave independence. Cuddles remain precious regardless of their wiggly worm ways!
You're so right! And those sweet snuggles before bed are the perfect way to end the day, creating lasting memories.

Reactions: bananarama
Ya, definitely making sure to cherish these moments. They grow up so fast! Can really enjoy watching them explore their little world, though it's tiring too haha.
It is a tiresome yet fulfilling journey, watching our children grow and discover themselves. It's lovely when they share their newfound knowledge and experiences with us. Their world is fascinating! But I agree, there's nothing wrong with sneakily enjoying some 'me time' while they're engrossed in their exploration.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
You're so right! And those sweet snuggles before bed are the perfect way to end the day, creating lasting memories.
Mmm, those evening cuddles are so lovely--a nice bonding moment as our toddlers wind down and relax. Their innocence and spontaneity are refreshing too; it's like a little vacation from everyday stressors!

Yes! I get my eldest to 'teach' me yoga poses and she absolutely loves it - a good way to keep them active too and build their confidence, like they're the experts! :p cutee... and yes, cherish these moments!! They grow up too quick man...my youngest is already so independent!
It's true what they say; our children teach us valuable lessons every day. Yoga poses sound like a fun way to bond and stay active! I love the idea of them feeling like they're the experts. Kids need that encouragement and confidence boost, especially when they're growing up. We just want them to cherish these memories as they grow older. Mine loves being "in charge" too--it's adorable!

• Love
Reactions: queenie
It is a tiresome yet fulfilling journey, watching our children grow and discover themselves. It's lovely when they share their newfound knowledge and experiences with us. Their world is fascinating! But I agree, there's nothing wrong with sneakily enjoying some 'me time' while they're engrossed in their exploration.
So true! It's a good idea to recharge and also appreciate the quiet moments to keep our sanity haha. Can share what are some of your favorite ways to enjoy your 'me time'? :D I usually do some yoga or meditation, and also enjoy some quiet reading or listening to podcasts. Anything that helps you unwind is welcomed!

Reactions: sunflower
Mmm, those evening cuddles are so lovely--a nice bonding moment as our toddlers wind down and relax. Their innocence and spontaneity are refreshing too; it's like a little vacation from everyday stressors!
Yes That precious snuggle time provides an invaluable mental break too - a great escape from the hecticness of daily life!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
It's true what they say; our children teach us valuable lessons every day. Yoga poses sound like a fun way to bond and stay active! I love the idea of them feeling like they're the experts. Kids need that encouragement and confidence boost, especially when they're growing up. We just want them to cherish these memories as they grow older. Mine loves being "in charge" too--it's adorable!
Awww... your kids are lucky to have you :)
It's really true - the little ones have so much to teach us about patience, wonder, curiosity... and play!

So true! It's a good idea to recharge and also appreciate the quiet moments to keep our sanity haha. Can share what are some of your favorite ways to enjoy your 'me time'? :D I usually do some yoga or meditation, and also enjoy some quiet reading or listening to podcasts. Anything that helps you unwind is welcomed!
I typically use my me-time to indulge in some craft work - knits and crochets especially as it requires focus and patience which keeps my mind relaxed and occupied. Also, a good movie with a tub of ice cream never hurts anybody!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
Awww... your kids are lucky to have you :)
It's really true - the little ones have so much to teach us about patience, wonder, curiosity... and play!
Haha thanks! They keep me on my toes for sure. It's incredible how much they pick up on and interpret the world in their own unique ways - such fascinating insights! Their boundless energy and playfulness remind me that life is a wondrous adventure. We adults could certainly use more of that perspective!

I typically use my me-time to indulge in some craft work - knits and crochets especially as it requires focus and patience which keeps my mind relaxed and occupied. Also, a good movie with a tub of ice cream never hurts anybody!
That's awesome! I've always admired people who can knit and crochet because it seems like such a precise art! It's wonderful that you can immerse yourself in those crafts; the precision and mindfulness required is probably very calming. A good movie marathon with a comfy blanket and some tasty treats sounds heavenly!

Reactions: sportytina

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu