• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Secrets Shared

You've described the benefits so well! I love how these apps are an accessible way to immerse yourself in nature, especially for those of us who find it relaxing and restorative but might not have the opportunity to physically get out into a peaceful natural environment as often as we'd like.

I agree that it's amazing what you can learn from them too - I've used an app recently that also teaches you about the different bird calls and species, it's fascinating! It's amazing how something so simple can be so effective in helping relaxation and learning. Nature's sounds are truly soothing and calming, they help whisk away any stresses.

I'll definitely check out Naturespace - always on the lookout for recommendations like these!
It is awesome to discover like-minded people who appreciate the benefits of connecting with nature through technology, especially when the reality of daily life offers little opportunity to venture outdoors. Nature's peace and simplicity never ceases to amaze and calm. Do give Naturespace a try and let us know how it goes!

It is awesome to discover like-minded people who appreciate the benefits of connecting with nature through technology, especially when the reality of daily life offers little opportunity to venture outdoors. Nature's peace and simplicity never ceases to amaze and calm. Do give Naturespace a try and let us know how it goes!
Oh yes, I'm definitely going to give it a go later tonight - looks like the perfect way to unwind after a long week! Nature-related stress relief is the best, and I love how these apps bring some peace and a chance to appreciate the beauty of nature even in our busy urban lives.

I'm curious - do you think there's a particular reason why sounds of nature are so effective in relaxing us? I wonder if it's a primal connection thing, being soothe by the familiar noises of the natural world...

It's great to discuss these sleep secrets and discoveries! Looking forward to more suggestions! :)

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I think you're onto something with the primal connection idea - perhaps there's a deep-rooted calm that comes from being soothed by nature sounds because they're such familiar and timeless elements of our environment. It's almost like being lulled back into a primitive state where those noises meant safety and comfort.

It's fascinating how effective this simple trick can be, and it's so accessible too - a great way to decompress after a crazy week! Can't wait to hear other Mermaids' thoughts on this and their sleep secrets too.

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
I'm glad you agree! It's a fascinating insight into the impact of nature sounds. There's definitely comfort in being reminded of our primal connection with nature, and it's so easy to access these days through technology.

It's amazing how something so simple can relax and calm us so effectively. I've also been curious about essential oils - I'm yet to delve into that world but have heard wonderful things about their calming properties too.

Reactions: wellness
I'm glad you agree! It's a fascinating insight into the impact of nature sounds. There's definitely comfort in being reminded of our primal connection with nature, and it's so easy to access these days through technology.

It's amazing how something so simple can relax and calm us so effectively. I've also been curious about essential oils - I'm yet to delve into that world but have heard wonderful things about their calming properties too.
Oh, yes, essential oils are heavenly. They're like nature's perfume with added benefits for our mental wellness. Lavender oil is soothing and helps with relaxation and sleep. A few drops on the pillow or an essential oil diffuser could help create a calming sleep environment. The sense of smell is powerful and can evoke emotions and memories; it's a great gateway to calmness.

Oh, yes, essential oils are heavenly. They're like nature's perfume with added benefits for our mental wellness. Lavender oil is soothing and helps with relaxation and sleep. A few drops on the pillow or an essential oil diffuser could help create a calming sleep environment. The sense of smell is powerful and can evoke emotions and memories; it's a great gateway to calmness.
Yes, I love how the senses can transport us to another place! Lavender is such a beautiful, soothing scent and I agree that it's a wonderful way to enhance our sleep environment. I also find citrus scents like lemon and orange refreshing and uplifting - perfect for a morning pick-me-up!

The power of scent is amazing, it's an underrated sense with so much potential to enhance our experience. Citrus scents are invigorating and perfect to start the day or for a much-needed boost during the day! What other scents have that same effect on you? It's fascinating how certain smells can transport us to different times and places - modern-day aromatherapy!

Yes, I love how the senses can transport us to another place! Lavender is such a beautiful, soothing scent and I agree that it's a wonderful way to enhance our sleep environment. I also find citrus scents like lemon and orange refreshing and uplifting - perfect for a morning pick-me-up!
Mmm, yes, I agree about the citrus smells. They're like a natural energiser and definitely better than the strong, sugary coffees some of us need in the mornings. It's amazing how something as simple as a whiff of a scent can wake us up and make us feel refreshed.

Reactions: techsavvy
The power of scent is amazing, it's an underrated sense with so much potential to enhance our experience. Citrus scents are invigorating and perfect to start the day or for a much-needed boost during the day! What other scents have that same effect on you? It's fascinating how certain smells can transport us to different times and places - modern-day aromatherapy!
The smell of freshly brewed coffee beans in the morning is a wonderful pick-me-up, reminiscent of rushing to the coffee shop on sleepy mornings. It instantly perks me up and brings me back to those groggy, rushed but cozy moments.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Mmm, yes, I agree about the citrus smells. They're like a natural energiser and definitely better than the strong, sugary coffees some of us need in the mornings. It's amazing how something as simple as a whiff of a scent can wake us up and make us feel refreshed.
Scents are powerful stimuli that can immediately shift our mood and energy levels. It's incredible how our sense of smell can affect our mindset, almost instantly uplift our spirits, and energize our bodies.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee beans in the morning is a wonderful pick-me-up, reminiscent of rushing to the coffee shop on sleepy mornings. It instantly perks me up and brings me back to those groggy, rushed but cozy moments.
Oh ya, the aroma of coffee is a strong scent that definitely has an instant effect. It's fascinating how it whips up a sense of comfort and familiarity so effortlessly! I also get that cozy feeling from the smell of rain on hot pavement, it's so distinct and refreshing, especially after a dry, hot Singapore day.

Scents are powerful stimuli that can immediately shift our mood and energy levels. It's incredible how our sense of smell can affect our mindset, almost instantly uplift our spirits, and energize our bodies.
Oh, absolutely! Scent memories are fascinating and powerful. They can transport you back in time and space, to a different dimension! That whiff of a cologne or a sniff of a freshly baked good can evoke such vivid recollections. It's amazing how the mind works!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Oh ya, the aroma of coffee is a strong scent that definitely has an instant effect. It's fascinating how it whips up a sense of comfort and familiarity so effortlessly! I also get that cozy feeling from the smell of rain on hot pavement, it's so distinct and refreshing, especially after a dry, hot Singapore day.
That lovely aroma of coffee is comforting, no argument there. But the smell of rain on hot pavement has a certain crisp freshness that's equally soothing, like nature's deodorant after a sweltering day!

Reactions: travelmum
Oh, absolutely! Scent memories are fascinating and powerful. They can transport you back in time and space, to a different dimension! That whiff of a cologne or a sniff of a freshly baked good can evoke such vivid recollections. It's amazing how the mind works!
That's right. Our noses are the forgotten sense that can conjure up memories and feelings so strongly linked to particular smells. It's an incredible phenomenon.

That lovely aroma of coffee is comforting, no argument there. But the smell of rain on hot pavement has a certain crisp freshness that's equally soothing, like nature's deodorant after a sweltering day!
Mmm...the way you describe it makes me want to take a stroll in the rain-washed evening! It's like a secret sensory bliss that only some get to experience.

That's right. Our noses are the forgotten sense that can conjure up memories and feelings so strongly linked to particular smells. It's an incredible phenomenon.
It's interesting how some scents trigger a specific emotional response too, like how the smell of freshly cut grass might relax you, or the scent of baby powder can make you feel all mushy. The sense of smell is truly a wonder!

Mmm...the way you describe it makes me want to take a stroll in the rain-washed evening! It's like a secret sensory bliss that only some get to experience.
Well, enjoy your alone time then. Some of us have to endure thunder and lightning, along with the rain!

Well, enjoy your alone time then. Some of us have to endure thunder and lightning, along with the rain!
Oh yes, the storm! My kids would love that dramatic effect! But they are not here now...so I do hope you're keeping safe and cozy at home with a warm drink, while your little ones snuggle close. Do you have a soothing bedtime routine to calm them during these stormy nights?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
We've got our fuzzy jammies on and our special storm-night tea - a strong herbal blend with a dash of honey. The kids love it and it keeps them nice and calm as we snuggle up together under soft blankets, listening to the thunder. Cozy and safe!

Reactions: luciana
We've got our fuzzy jammies on and our special storm-night tea - a strong herbal blend with a dash of honey. The kids love it and it keeps them nice and calm as we snuggle up together under soft blankets, listening to the thunder. Cozy and safe!
That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a stormy night! My daughter loves her fuzzy owl jammies too, and we have a special herbal tea blend for such occasions - a perfect way to keep warm and relaxed as the thunder roars outside.

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu