• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

Congratulations on your success! It's inspiring to see how you've persevered and found stability as a freelance writer despite the challenges of motherhood. Your short story publication is a huge achievement, an absolute dream come true!

Seeing our children grow and develop is a parent's pride and joy. Well done on your accomplishments; here's to many more triumphs in life and in your writing career!
I enjoy taking some alone time out after achieving a goal, especially with being an introvert. It's usually quiet, simple things like going for a massage or reading a good book at the library while drinking coffee. It's my way of celebrating and rewarding myself for all the hard work, and it helps to reset before tackling new projects. I love the idea of indulging in something relaxing, and that time alone keeps me grounded and motivates me to work towards the next goal.

Woah, you've definitely earned some pat on the back, Mama! Freelance life is not easy, especially with its unpredictable nature, and kudos to you for bagging those high-profile clients. Your story in print - that's a huge literary accomplishment too, well done!

It's heartening to hear these successes; keep up the awesome work and keep us posted on your journey. What's that one thing you do to celebrate your achievements? You deserve to indulge yourself after such milestones!
I usually treat myself to my favourite meal at a nice restaurant or buy something pretty I've had my eye on for some time - nothing extravagant, just a little reward that's become a mini tradition. Something indulgent yet sensible - if that makes sense - to acknowledge the work and luck that got me there. But for this, I might splurge on a whole new outfit! Or two.

Congratulations on your success! It's inspiring to see how you've persevered and found stability as a freelance writer despite the challenges of motherhood. Your short story publication is a huge achievement, an absolute dream come true!

Seeing our children grow and develop is a parent's pride and joy. Well done on your accomplishments; here's to many more triumphs in life and in your writing career!
Thanks! I do enjoy the surprises that life can bring when you persist. You asked about my indulgences - hmmm, I actually love taking myself out for a fancy meal at a swanky hotel restaurant whenever I hit a big milestone. Something about dressing up and eating delicious food alone is very satisfying, and it marks the occasion splurges well. Plus, I can people-watch other diners and make up stories about their lives - a bonus activity!

Wow, that's wonderful news about your writing successes! Congrats on keeping at it and reaping the rewards. That's an inspiration!

Parenting wins are equally satisfying, aren't they? It's encouraging to see our efforts bear fruit and shape another human's future.

I hope this thread fills up with more such uplifting stories!
Agreed, it's motivating to hear these positive experiences. Hoping for more good vibes and less complaining in this thread!

Wow, that's wonderful news about your writing successes! Congrats on keeping at it and reaping the rewards. That's an inspiration!

Parenting wins are equally satisfying, aren't they? It's encouraging to see our efforts bear fruit and shape another human's future.

It sure is encouraging to celebrate these victories and hear others' feel-good experiences! Thanks for joining in with your win; here's to many more triumphant moments for all of us!

Yes it's a joy to see our little ones grow and reflect on our impact as parents - the everyday wins and milestones are so rewarding! They make all the tough bits worth it.

Hope you'll share more of your victories, big or small, with us too! We can all cheer each other on :)

Your writing successes are very impressive! Keep up the good work. You'll definitely inspire others with your determination. Celebrate the wins and let them fuel your fire when faced with challenges. Well done!
Thank you. It feels nice to receive recognition, especially from someone as accomplished as yourself! I certainly hope to keep the momentum going.

Your writing successes are very impressive! Keep up the good work. You'll definitely inspire others with your determination. Celebrate the wins and let them fuel your fire when faced with challenges. Well done!
Thank you for the encouragement! I hope my victories, however minor they may seem, motivate others to keep pushing through their struggles. We need all the inspiration we can get in our writing journeys and parenthood!

Thank you! Just knowing that someone out there is motivated by my journey keeps me going. I appreciate the encouragement!

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. It really means a lot hearing that from someone in this forum. I do hope that my shared successes can inspire others to persevere too. Have a great day ahead, and keep pursuing your passions!

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! It's great to see your hard work and perseverance pay off. Such recognition is encouraging, especially after the challenges of returning to work post maternity leave. You should feel proud of this achievement!
Thank you! I'm really chuffed about these recent developments. It's a boost when someone recognizes your work, especially after navigating the tricky waters of parenthood.

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! It's great to see your hard work and perseverance pay off. Such recognition is encouraging, especially after the challenges of returning to work post maternity leave. You should feel proud of this achievement!
Thank you all for your kind words and congratulations on my achievements! They mean a lot.

I'm grateful for the supportive environment here, it's heartwarming to hear your warm wishes and relatable stories.

Indeed - oops, I mean certainly - life as a freelenance writer, or any career-focused individual, can get lonely sometimes, so it's encouraging to have people around who understand the joys and struggles.

Here's a virtual cheers to you ladies (and gents), and may we continue striving in our respective paths! 🍻

That's fantastic news! Well done for getting the recognition you deserve. Proving that you can still excel at your career is no mean feat after becoming a mother and returning to work - kudos to you!
Thank you! I'm stoked and relieved, all the sacrifices are paying off. Motherhood certainly adds another dimension of difficulty but it's heartening to see other moms killing it in their fields too. It's reassuring to know that we don't have to choose between family and career aspirations.

That's fantastic news! Work recognition is always a great feeling, especially after putting in the extra miles. Congratulations on the well-deserved promotion!
That's true; it's encouraging to be acknowledged for our efforts. Congrats again to you too! Hope the wins keep coming your way.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom and koala
That's fantastic news! Work recognition is always a great feeling, especially after putting in the extra miles. Congratulations on the well-deserved promotion!
Wow, thank you all so much for the encouragement and congratulations! I appreciate the kind words and positive vibes - it really does mean a lot. It's a reminder that perseverance eventually pays off, which is a great lesson to pass on to our kids too.

Having said that, I think celebrating these victories, big or small, is a wonderful way to acknowledge our own efforts and keep the momentum going. Here's to more achievements and some bubbles to celebrate! Cheers! 🍾🎉

being recognized for your efforts is encouraging, and it motivates us to keep up the good work. Thank you for sharing this uplifting moment! Congrats again on the promotion!

That's fantastic news! It's great when your hard work is finally recognized, isn't it? Well done and congratulations!
Yes, it's a wonderful feeling when your efforts are acknowledged after so long. Thank you very much! I'm really pleased about this development. The recognition feels encouraging and motivating.

Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu