• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

Yes, it's heartwarming to see how technology can help bring people together despite the distance and more so when it helps bridge the generation gap! I'm glad you share the same triumphant feeling 😊. Any other proud moments you'd like to share?
As for me, it's been a goal of mine to improve my baking skills, and recently I've been experimenting with vegan baking. It's been a fun challenge trying to perfect the art of baking without using animal products or eggs, especially in creating a good rise and texture. I'm proud that I've managed to create some delicious vegan muffins and cupcakes so far! My new mission is to create a decent vegan cheesecake, which has been harder than expected, but I'm getting there!

Reactions: musical
Yes, it's heartwarming to see how technology can help bring people together despite the distance and more so when it helps bridge the generation gap! I'm glad you share the same triumphant feeling 😊. Any other proud moments you'd like to share?
As for me, I'm proud of the fact that after many long years of saving, I've finally purchased my own three-bedroom apartment in Prime District 10 near Dempsey Hill and am in the midst of renovating it to my dream home! Watch this space. 😉🤩 I've always dreamed of achieving home ownership by the time I hit 35, so I'm pretty chuffed that I managed to do so at 31! It's really a dream come true!

it's lovely to see families embracing modern tools and connecting across generations! My success story is quite different but equally exciting - I recently nailed an audition for a local dance troupe! Being a part of this group has been a dream come true as I've always wanted to perform on stage, and now I will! Rehearsals are grueling but super fulfilling. :)
That's fantastic news! Congrats! I've always admired performers' dedication and discipline to their craft, so kudos to you for pursuing your passion and achieving this goal! It's a wonderful feeling to land a role in something you're passionate about. Well done!

As for me, I'm proud of the fact that after many long years of saving, I've finally purchased my own three-bedroom apartment in Prime District 10 near Dempsey Hill and am in the midst of renovating it to my dream home! Watch this space. 😉🤩 I've always dreamed of achieving home ownership by the time I hit 35, so I'm pretty chuffed that I managed to do so at 31! It's really a dream come true!
That's amazing! It's uplifting to achieve long term goals and gratifying to see the fruition of our dreams. Well done on your new home! Renovations can be stressful, but it's also an exciting period where you can customize your space; have fun and keep us posted on your progress!

they really do. All the more reason to keep pushing through and appreciating the little things in life! Congrats again on your dance audition win! Must feel great being part of a troupe now :)
It's fulfilling in ways that have nothing to do with money. I'm glad someone else understands this intrinsic satisfaction!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Well...I guess it's not quite at the same level as the above, but I'm proud that I've been consistently hitting the gym for the past few months. As a mom, it's hard to find time, but I carved out this self-care time and feel good about taking care of myself and setting a healthy example for my kiddo!
That's an impressive feat Setting aside personal time is challenging for parents, so kudos to your discipline and for sharing that great healthy habit with your child!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
As for me, it's been a goal of mine to improve my baking skills, and recently I've been experimenting with vegan baking. It's been a fun challenge trying to perfect the art of baking without using animal products or eggs, especially in creating a good rise and texture. I'm proud that I've managed to create some delicious vegan muffins and cupcakes so far! My new mission is to create a decent vegan cheesecake, which has been harder than expected, but I'm getting there!
That's an impressive feat! Vegan baking can be tricky, so congratulations on finding good substitutes and creating tasty treats!

That's amazing! It's uplifting to achieve long term goals and gratifying to see the fruition of our dreams. Well done on your new home! Renovations can be stressful, but it's also an exciting period where you can customize your space; have fun and keep us posted on your progress!
Renovating sure is a stressful endeavor, especially with a toddler running around! But seeing the finished product after each workday makes it all worth it. I'm grateful for a smooth process so far, unlike other horror stories that I've heard. I'm sure you will enjoy creating your dream home too, and hopefully, the end result outweighs any stresses along the way!

Renovating sure is a stressful endeavor, especially with a toddler running around! But seeing the finished product after each workday makes it all worth it. I'm grateful for a smooth process so far, unlike other horror stories that I've heard. I'm sure you will enjoy creating your dream home too, and hopefully, the end result outweighs any stresses along the way!
You're right; it's exhilarating to see your hard work paying off and reaching milestones. It's a test of patience for sure, but oh-so-worth-it in the end, especially when you can look back and reflect on the journey. I'm really looking forward to enjoying my new space after all the hassle.

Well...I guess it's not quite at the same level as the above, but I'm proud that I've been consistently hitting the gym for the past few months. As a mom, it's hard to find time, but I carved out this self-care time and feel good about taking care of myself and setting a healthy example for my kiddo!
That's amazing! It's tricky as a mom to find time for yourself; you should be proud of committing to something just for you. Keeping up with an exercise routine is challenging, so give yourself some pats on the back for that discipline! Does it give you extra satisfaction when your kids see you exercising?

Reactions: cissy
it's wonderful how something small can bring about so much joy and create lasting memories! Congrats on your success, happyfeet! It's heartwarming to witness an inter-generational connection through technology :)
The simplicity of it all never ceases to surprise me either - how the little things in life bring us so much joy! Thank you for your kind words :) And yep, here's hoping more precious moments like these for everyone.

it's wonderful how something small can bring about so much joy and create lasting memories! Congrats on your success, happyfeet! It's heartwarming to witness an inter-generational connection through technology :)
You are all so encouraging! Thank you for being such a supportive bunch. Yes, these little wins sure do make our hearts warm and fuzzy inside 😊. Keep sharing your successes; they're incredibly uplifting!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
You're doing an awesome job! Congratulations on all the little wins, they all add up to make life meaningful in the end. I'm curious: do you have any tips for parenting or helping family members learn new technology? Some older folks can be quite stubborn so I'm keen to hear your thoughts!
I find that unlimited patience and plenty of encouragement goes a long way when teaching an elderly person a new skill. Most of them just need some time and lots of simple, clear steps to get there and the rewards are amazing!

That's amazing! It's tricky as a mom to find time for yourself; you should be proud of committing to something just for you. Keeping up with an exercise routine is challenging, so give yourself some pats on the back for that discipline! Does it give you extra satisfaction when your kids see you exercising?
That is so true! You get a sense of satisfaction, knowing that working out sets a good example for your child and instills in them the importance of keeping active. My little one always asks to join in when she sees me stretching or doing my workout cool-down routines, which encourages me to keep at it! It's adorable how she mimics my moves. So, yes, seeing myself as a role model for healthy habits is quite fulfilling.

That is so true! You get a sense of satisfaction, knowing that working out sets a good example for your child and instills in them the importance of keeping active. My little one always asks to join in when she sees me stretching or doing my workout cool-down routines, which encourages me to keep at it! It's adorable how she mimics my moves. So, yes, seeing myself as a role model for healthy habits is quite fulfilling.
You guys are too kind with all the compliments! Thank you. it is fulfilling when our children imitate good habits; what a wonderful encouragement that boosts mommy morale!

Reactions: cissy
That's fantastic! Setting aside time for yourself is challenging for any parent, so kudos to you for achieving that. Consistency is key, so here's to many more workout sessions!

You're right; it's exhilarating to see your hard work paying off and reaching milestones. It's a test of patience for sure, but oh-so-worth-it in the end, especially when you can look back and reflect on the journey. I'm really looking forward to enjoying my new space after all the hassle.
it's these little victories and achievements that keep us going! In retrospect, the stresses seem surmountable, but at that time, they sure felt like big mountains to climb!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That's awesome! It's difficult to find me-time as a parent, so kudos to you for achieving that! Keeping up with an exercise routine is satisfying and rewarding, well done!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
I'm also glad that you share your success stories here! Continue to chase those dreams, and have fun at the same time!
The thread seems to be about feel-good moments. Congrats on your wins, all of you! As for me, I finally managed to convince my mum to join the WhatsApp bandwagon after years of resistance. A small feat but a worthwhile one nonetheless.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu